Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Wishing I lived in England. Wishing I could go back 40 years. 

Going to try and sleep again.  I will dream about these things. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • ...spent the day yesterday clearing debris from last week's storm.....discovered that I'm old and fat in a whole new way....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadineNotaro
  • It's what I did last night.  Oh nooo.

I work from home, and have to go into work at the base one day a week. Did that yesterday.   Got home and fell asleep.   Woke at 8:30 in a panic and thought 'I'm late to log in for work!'
    So I quick log in and send a good morning/check in  email to my boss.  It was 8:30 PM.
     :s  :s
    :
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • Going to work in yard. Clean gutters. 
    Had to get a new fitbit. My antique one was so old…
    HOW OLD WAS IT?
    It was so old, the Bible lists its begetting line.  

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Hate to waste a saturday like this but today has to be a major laundry day...... At least three machines full of dirty things. One of lifes irritating necessities.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Going to work in yard. Clean gutters. 
    Had to get a new fitbit. My antique one was so old…
    HOW OLD WAS IT?
    It was so old, the Bible lists its begetting line.  

....I find myself in awe of a joke that features "begat" as it's punchline.....

Not Worthy GIF - Waynes World Mike Myers Dana Carvey - Discover  Share GIFs
    KurbenHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Been busy around here. I went home this week, spent Tues-Thurs at my dad's. Did a few things around the house for him and also wrote out the thank you cards, got them addressed and stamped and separated out the memorial gifts people sent in Greta's memory and made a list of the donations. Was prepared to go grocery shopping for him and cook a bunch of stuff but he is pretty set for groceries. Going to try to get back there at least once a month thru summer and fall, while weather permits. 

He is doing ok. Grieving very hard but I expect that and understand it completely. But he talks and laughs, tells stories and memories.  He is busy with planting crops so that has helped too, having the daily business of the farm to tend to. 

Today we are going to Sage's soccer game and then a fundraiser BBQ for the littles' school. Should be a nice Saturday. 
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....may the whirlwind of life just be an excited gentle breeze.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • The sun is shining with a breeze —more yard work.

reading. 

Parking lot sitting. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Oh my lord. My yard will kill me. And it’s not overgrown at all. I’m just old and frail. 

If I suddenly shut up, cheer and know I’m dead. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Oh my lord. My yard will kill me. And it’s not overgrown at all. I’m just old and frail. 

Stop it. 😔 Don't make me come over there.
    I fecking hate yard work.
    & you're not old. 
    Stop it.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbencat
  • What Flake said. 

Although, if you come become a zombie for a week that would be awesome to tell us about, when you come back. 

Perhaps you need to hire some of those plow women from the Calla?  Just throwing out ideas here.   Or you could watch tv like Jodie Verrel?

All kidding aside, loves ya Hedda!   

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbencatFlakeNoir

....nope, you'll simply be to busy begatting and Barnabasing......
    Hedda GablerKurbencatFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2022
    Round two: Yard vs Me. 

Let’s get ready to tummmmbbbblllle!!
    KurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Round two: Yard vs Me. 

Let’s get ready to tummmmbbbblllle!!

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Here’s how it went down today so far. 

I bought 4 hanging baskets of gorgeous flowers. I take the hangers off and bury the whole basket in my pretty containers by front door.  Quick, easy, looks fantastic. 

I went and purchased 4 big bags of Miracle Gro soil for my raised garden beds. I planted a garden this year. Not sure why I did this. Maybe a last hurrah. 

I got one early girl tomato, one red pepper, 2 orange peppers and 2 Japanese cukes. 

I purchased 4 bags of River rock. It’s more cost effective to buy bulk but my area was small — no need for bulk. 

I had 2 men strike up conversations with me in the garden area. They were not employees. They were not paid to do so. 

I think they wanted me.  

😂🤣😂🤣

🤣🤓
    KurbenGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • A lot going on. After work i went out with a bunch of old friends to the oldest restaurant in Stockholm, Zum Franciskaner. You cant book a table (Whaaaat) so you have to wait in their backroom but they serve excellent beer so the wait does not feel long.

When i got home i discovered i had forgot my phone at work. Didn't even miss it. hopefully its still there in the morning.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    @Neesy good update, thanks for checking in, have fun with those cute kitty babies.

Thanks Flake! Sorry I haven't been around too much. On Wednesday I take Patrick in for his check up - he will be 4 months old. He weighs about 5 lb according to my scale and Lulu also weighs 5 lb even though she is 10 days younger

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    A lot going on. After work i went out with a bunch of old friends to the oldest restaurant in Stockholm, Zum Franciskaner. You cant book a table (Whaaaat) so you have to wait in their backroom but they serve excellent beer so the wait does not feel long.

When i got home i discovered i had forgot my phone at work. Didn't even miss it. hopefully its still there in the morning.
    What yummy food did you eat?
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • I hope this works - I am having trouble figuring out how to access pics in Photo app that came with this version of Windows

This is Patrick up on the cat tree - he has a collar but Lulu doesn't want to wear one - she freaked out when we put one on her

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Facebook moms after taking a CBD gummy -   Funny memes Memes Reactions  meme

Hmmm - this only happens if I take too many of the ones containing THC :o

KurbenGNTLGNTcat
  • Kurben said:
    A lot going on. After work i went out with a bunch of old friends to the oldest restaurant in Stockholm, Zum Franciskaner. You cant book a table (Whaaaat) so you have to wait in their backroom but they serve excellent beer so the wait does not feel long.

What yummy food did you eat?
    I had Calf liver with bacon and small boiled potatoes. Very good. And a fried cheese plate for dessert with cloudberry. Liver can be tricky but this was just right. a bit remembering, a bit talking about recent affairs and a lot just talking rubbish and having a blast doing it. Some of us also complained a little bit over how the knees start telling us that we aren't in our 20,s anymore. Not a major problem but you feel them in downstairs steps and downhill slopes.
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Here’s how it went down today so far. 

I bought 4 hanging baskets of gorgeous flowers. I take the hangers off and bury the whole basket in my pretty containers by front door.  Quick, easy, looks fantastic. 

I went and purchased 4 big bags of Miracle Gro soil for my raised garden beds. I planted a garden this year. Not sure why I did this. Maybe a last hurrah. 

I got one early girl tomato, one red pepper, 2 orange peppers and 2 Japanese cukes. 

I purchased 4 bags of River rock. It’s more cost effective to buy bulk but my area was small — no need for bulk. 

I had 2 men strike up conversations with me in the garden area. They were not employees. They were not paid to do so. 

I think they wanted me.  

😂🤣😂🤣

🤣🤓
    ....they don't call it Miracle Gro for nothin'.....
    KurbenHedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesy