Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Cleaning my yard. Still. Forever. 

And ever. 

And ever. 

catKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I woke up in a foul, today is not the day sprinkle tits, mood. 

Gaze upon the Kracken and walk away. Walk away. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • edited May 2022
    Off for my coffee. A little parking lot sitting.  And even though it is nasty out, i’m going to try and sack up another bag of yard waste. 

Have the very best day, guys.  Ta-ra. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirKurbenNotaroNeesy
  • I woke up in a foul, today is not the day sprinkle tits, mood. 

Gaze upon the Kracken and walk away. Walk away. 
    Monty On The Run GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirKurbenNotaroNeesy
  • Trying to get a few chores done but my heart really isn't in it. 😜 It's the last week of school, last few days...they get out early on Wednesday. So that also means it is the last few days of alone time for me, for the next few months.  So I am also trying to soak in the quiet...although they aren't nearly as loud as they used to be. 😆 Sometimes I miss those days. Especially when I think how fast the next 2 and 3 years are going to go. Ali will graduate in 2 years, Ty in 3. Then what??? I will really miss the loud years. 

I don't think I'm ready to be an empty-nester. 

I guess what I'm really doing today is a lot of reminiscing and feeling a little melancholy. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • cat said:
    Trying to get a few chores done but my heart really isn't in it. 😜 It's the last week of school, last few days...they get out early on Wednesday. So that also means it is the last few days of alone time for me, for the next few months.  So I am also trying to soak in the quiet...although they aren't nearly as loud as they used to be. 😆 Sometimes I miss those days. Especially when I think how fast the next 2 and 3 years are going to go. Ali will graduate in 2 years, Ty in 3. Then what??? I will really miss the loud years. 

I don't think I'm ready to be an empty-nester. 

I guess what I'm really doing today is a lot of reminiscing and feeling a little melancholy. 

catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Wow, Abba made me cry. And then that made me laugh. 

Thanks, @Kurben
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Awww (((Cat))) I'm down to one at home and I can't imagine what life is going to be like when he eventually leaves. It's terrifying for me actually.😔 
    catKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • ....it IS a difficult adjustment....you think you want the bats out of your belfry, but then you realize them being in your hair isn't all that bad....mine come to vist fairly frequently, so that helps....and for Harrison being out of state-Facetime has been great.....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotaroNeesy
  • edited May 2022

So I emailed my boss.  I asked if it was ok if I come in Thursday instead of Wed. and add a PTO day on Friday.  She asked for an explaination.  

I told her that I have to go to the beach this weekend and have to wear a bathing suit.

So my PTO day is bathing suit excuse. :p   

She LOL'd and said I got you on this one!

It's coming from amazon today.   
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • And groom your damn feet. Nobody wants to see nasty. People can’t help scars or deformities, but you can damn well have clean, well maintained scarry deformy feet!
    not_nadineFlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Parking lot sitting. 

Had to get a new gas can for lawnmower. We had the old type with the accordion file nozzle. Of course, one of the dipshits in my house broke it.  The new one I got is a Rigid Jonas (points if you get that) which took me 32 1/2 years to figure out how to attach it. Remove this, twist this, squeeze this, put your left foot in and then take it out. Wtf! I just want to screw the damn nozzle on. 

Saw something i don’t see often— a man open the car door for his wife. 

Now. I am super capable of opening my own door. And i am more than a hole and a baby machine to cook your friggin dinner — but, i do like chivalry. 

I’m sorry guys. It can be damned if you do and damned if you don’t.   
    catFlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I did some shredding. I am awful about saving everything but have been working on getting rid of stuff. I am slowly making progress. 

Thought I'd maybe go sit on my swing with a book for a while, let the doggies stretch their legs and play. It looks like a storm is building. But I might go out anyway. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I don't know how to say how upset I am after todays news in Texas.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroKurbencatGNTLGNTNeesy
    So. Fucking. Much. I. Want. To. Say.
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbencatGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Yeah same here. I feel fkng sick.
    NotaroKurbencatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
    Complete insanity, pure evil, alas I don't think it will change anything.
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Evil indeed.... Sadly i don't think it will be the last time something similar happen.
    FlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Parking lot sitting. 

Had to get a new gas can for lawnmower. We had the old type with the accordion file nozzle. Of course, one of the dipshits in my house broke it.  The new one I got is a Rigid Jonas (points if you get that) which took me 32 1/2 years to figure out how to attach it. Remove this, twist this, squeeze this, put your left foot in and then take it out. Wtf! I just want to screw the damn nozzle on. 

Now. I am super capable of opening my own door. And i am more than a hole and a baby machine to cook your friggin dinner — but, i do like chivalry. 

....I still open the car door for my wife, just not when the vehicle is in motion....and the whole gas can Rube Goldberg BS?....piffle!!!.....I invested in two of these and they've been awesome...

Crown Automotive Jerry Can RT26010
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Evil indeed.... Sadly i don't think it will be the last time something similar happen.
    ....the Wheel of Insanity never stops spinning.....my heart is broken again, and there seems no end in sight....what has happened to our allegedly "civilized" populace?....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Evil indeed.... Sadly i don't think it will be the last time something similar happen.
    ....the Wheel of Insanity never stops spinning.....my heart is broken again, and there seems no end in sight....what has happened to our allegedly "civilized" populace?....
    Sometimes when i'm reading about stuff like that i'm asking myself "Is this the world i live in or am i reading a postapocalyptic short story?".
    Re civilization.... I have always seen it as a rather thin varnish upon a human society. In the last decades more and more cracks can be seen in the varnish and no one seem like they like to do the necessary maintenance.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Parking lot sitting. 

....I still open the car door for my wife, just not when the vehicle is in motion....and the whole gas can Rube Goldberg BS?....piffle!!!.....I invested in two of these and they've been awesome...

Crown Automotive Jerry Can RT26010
    Exactly! I want a simple gas can.  Instead, I bought Fort Knox security guarding the queen’s honeypot . 

I was not aware of the super secret handshake i would need to twist a nozzle on a container until I removed said nozzle from container. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Sometimes when i'm reading about stuff like that i'm asking myself "Is this the world i live in or am i reading a postapocalyptic short story?".
    Re civilization.... I have always seen it as a rather thin varnish upon a human society. In the last decades more and more cracks can be seen in the varnish and no one seem like they like to do the necessary maintenance.
    ....poetically true Kurben.....the world's Maintenance Department has staged a walk-out and who could blame them?....
    KurbenFlakeNoirNeesy