Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Blackbird — this is a book? By the same name? This is really good and I know a book would be better. And it says it is based on a true story — is that true or just part of the fictional world they are creating for the screen, to pull you in?

and

I am on last episode. So many questions i have. Do they find body? Does james get out alive? What’s going on with Mr. gigante? What happens with this asshole cop? Why are the inmates giving him the eye?  Just a cop’s son thing? What is with the lady therapist ?  Her questions were odd.  Does that phone number the guy therapist gave him come into play?  What fumble is ray liotta gonna drop?  Ugh. An hour and all revealed. I hope. 

Dont know if its the same Blackbird but the one i'm thinking about is about a drugdealer who is offered freedom (or maybe heavily reduced sentence) if he is willing to go to to a high security prison to coax out a confession from a suspected serial killer. That is based on the memoir of a James Keene called In With The Devil. When they made a Tv-series of it Dennis Lehane wrote the script and i have no doubt that writer bettered the reality. Then how true the memoir was in the first place i don't know. I always think you tend to twist the story when you have the oppurtunity to write it yourself.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Blackbird — this is a book? By the same name? This is really good and I know a book would be better. And it says it is based on a true story — is that true or just part of the fictional world they are creating for the screen, to pull you in?

and

I am on last episode. So many questions i have. Do they find body? Does james get out alive? What’s going on with Mr. gigante? What happens with this asshole cop? Why are the inmates giving him the eye?  Just a cop’s son thing? What is with the lady therapist ?  Her questions were odd.  Does that phone number the guy therapist gave him come into play?  What fumble is ray liotta gonna drop?  Ugh. An hour and all revealed. I hope. 

Dont know if its the same Blackbird but the one i'm thinking about is about a drugdealer who is offered freedom (or maybe heavily reduced sentence) if he is willing to go to to a high security prison to coax out a confession from a suspected serial killer. That is based on the memoir of a James Keene called In With The Devil. When they made a Tv-series of it Dennis Lehane wrote the script and i have no doubt that writer bettered the reality. Then how true the memoir was in the first place i don't know. I always think you tend to twist the story when you have the oppurtunity to write it yourself.
    Yes, it is that one. I just finished the show and it was good.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Now starting Servant on Apple TV.  I don’t have much time left on the free 7 days. Servant has 3 seasons. I will give it a grade school, votech school and on-the-job-experience try. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Quite true. based on the 2010 autobiographical novel In with the Devil: a Fallen Hero, a Serial Killer, and a Dangerous Bargain for Redemption by James Keene and Hillel Levin.
  • edited October 2022
    Apple TV people — anyone watch M Night’s Servant?
    I did. It's pretty good.
    Holy hell Lou!

servant

Is there a lot of child abuse in this?  You can tell me. I just need to prepare myself.  He took that baby out of the crib by its feet and whapped his head on the side. Oh man. Not sure I can watch a baby be abused. Even a clearly fake fictional one. It’s me. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Ohhhhhhh snap!!!!

2 minutes later, the reveal . It really isn’t a real baby.  I just said that knowing they couldn’t whap a real baby.  But it’s the plot!!!!    How tragic!

FlakeNoirLou_SytsmaGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Have been enjoying The Rings of Power and episode 6 just kicked things up a notch.

It's really sad watching Isildur and his father knowing what their fates will be.

And Holy Hell! did we just see the birth of
    Spoiler:
    Mount Doom?
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • We started Gaslit on Starz last night. Julia Roberts and Sean Penn...who is completely unrecognizable as John Mitchell. I saw his name in the credits and kept waiting for him to show up!
  • Ohhhh my bit -ches!!!!

I had a free 3 month Apple TV offer I did not realize I had! Doh!  THREE MONTHS. 

I have been killing myself with this piddly 7 day free trial. Wow. Just seriously sweat shop hours. Worth it for sure. But I could have been more leisurely about it. 

Anyway, i now have Apple for 3 months and will continue with Servant and oh so many things. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenLou_SytsmaSusanNorton
  • The Patient

oh no. We are back to square one. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Oh -- I have to catch up with the latest one.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Deadwind has a season 3 coming. Karpii and Nurmi are back.

The Watcher looks promising. 

And Cabinet of Curiosities with del Toro.

and Enola Holmes 2!!!!! ( not sure this is an october release)

All netfix this month. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Janusz is my winner for The Great British Baking Show. 
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • Watched the first episode of the new AMC series adaptation of Ann Rice's - Interview With The Vampire. A well done first installment. The actors playing Lestat and Louis are no Cruise and Pitt combo but Jacob Anderson - Grey Worm from Game of Thrones and Sam Reid - who has done a lot of British TV, do good work as Louis and Lestat, respectively. Especially Anderson.

Eric Bogosian plays the reporter, Malloy, and the show does a nice twist of having this interview actually being their second one. The first one happened when Malloy was much younger. The return of the unaged Louis, has Malloy facing his mortality, especially since he has a terminal disease.

Look forward to seeing more.

• All netfix this month. 

Also excited for Mike Flanagan's Midnight Club Netflix series based on the Christopher Pike book.
  • The Patient

oh no. We are back to square one. 
    Steve Carell is so good in this.
  • edited October 2022
    4 minutes 42 seconds of episode 15 of Welcome to Wrexham left.   I had to tap out and pray to Buddha earlobes to find some zen ^*#%*%^%!

Oh my god, they need to win this and Stockport needs to lose their match. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Fuuuuuudge. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....I finding caressing Buddha's philtrum to be oh so calming.....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
    Maxie's up there, too.
    Maxie's up there, too.
    Maxie had a really strong  week and a good showing overall. I loved her show stopper cake. 

They all crack me up over tacos. Oh my lord, my home worships the taco Gods. 🌮 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Are you keeping up with Shetland?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Are you keeping up with Shetland?
    Yes. I really like this show. I think this is Douglas Henshall’s last season????   I don’t want him to leave . 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I've heard that it is. But the show will go on, apparently.
    Hedda Gabler
  • edited October 2022
    The Patient —

This was a heartbreaking episode. 

So much tension in these half hour ( give or take) segments. My anxiety is through the roof. 

And i take it back …

I don’t want them to do a Barrymore.  I’ve never wanted a character to live more than Steve’s. Please let him get home. 

GNTLGNT