Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Interesting developments on The Patient. I have no idea how this is going to play out. I want to binge the rest of it NOW.
    Lou_SytsmaHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Apple TV people — anyone watch M Night’s Servant?
    I did. It's pretty good.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Maybe as I get further in the series that window will open. Or maybe I should look as this as a gift. Everything old is new again. 
    I found the back half of the series much stronger than the first, if that helps you power through.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Maybe as I get further in the series that window will open. Or maybe I should look as this as a gift. Everything old is new again. 
    I found the back half of the series much stronger than the first, if that helps you power through.
    Yes you are right. It definitely got stronger. I ended up liking it. 

Loved the opening credits art. 
    Those back flashes  to his childhood were brutal but so well acted.  A glimpse into today’s thinking of the mentally ill. 

The sister relationship was special. You will do anything and everything for the people you love. Scary shit. Dangerous shit. To protect them. 

The Booya Moon world reminded me again of a Twilight Zone episode where zsaZsa Gabor buys a shop and steps through a mirror into another jungly world.  The Longboy’s body must have taken hours of work. 

I will go back someday to this book. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Moving onto blackbird and long way up. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Interesting developments on The Patient. I have no idea how this is going to play out. I want to binge the rest of it NOW.
    Haven’t gotten to watch new drop yet. Will they be brave with this ending? Or deus ex machina this into mediocrity? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Apple TV people — anyone watch M Night’s Servant?
    I did. It's pretty good.
    I am killing myself with a 7 day free trial. I might get a season of this. There are 3!  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ....love me some visual special effects....

UNCOMPLICATING HOW TO BUILD COMPLEX VFX ASSETS - VFX Voice MagazineVFX  Voice Magazine
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I have 7 days free trial of Apple+. 

Six deep into first season of Ted Lasso. Love it although a little bummed they did a Major Leagueish storyline. But… it works so great for this. 

I will watch CODA. 

Long Way Up with Flakes’s beloved Ewan who is totally…nevermind. (People can’t joke anymore)

Is Severance good?

i have 7 days, what should I watch?
    Let me know what you think of LWUp, I didn't think it was as good as LWRound or LWDown, but I love those guys and would follow them anywhere, they're so genuine and just really nice people. 

And... the more I've lived, I do believe he coulda gone either way, or both. 
    I am loving lwup flakers. Why was it your least favorite? I think it’s my favorite because of the landscape . Gorgeous geography. Fun cultures and people.  On episode 6. 

I am very worried for charley given his accidents. I hope they are all okay , but charley is worrisome. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:

Six deep into first season of Ted Lasso. Love it although a little bummed they did a Major Leagueish storyline. But… it works so great for this. 

I will watch CODA. 

Long Way Up with Flakes’s beloved Ewan who is totally…nevermind. (People can’t joke anymore)

Is Severance good?

Let me know what you think of LWUp, I didn't think it was as good as LWRound or LWDown, but I love those guys and would follow them anywhere, they're so genuine and just really nice people. 

I am loving lwup flakers. Why was it your least favorite? I think it’s my favorite because of the landscape . Gorgeous geography. Fun cultures and people.  On episode 6. 

I am very worried for charley given his accidents. I hope they are all okay , but charley is worrisome. 
    I think I just couldn't relax about Charley.  His body is wrecked after those last accidents, he's really feeling these tours now. Also I think the electric bikes were just a little less exciting for me personally.  
    I suppose too the earlier rides were more about conquering the adversity and they were younger, fitter people... so were we back then. 😁
    I think this series made me pine for (all of our) youth a little. 
    I still enjoyed this series, just not in the same way as the previous ones.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited September 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

I will watch CODA. 

Is Severance good?

I think I just couldn't relax about Charley.  His body is wrecked after those last accidents, he's really feeling these tours now. Also I think the electric bikes were just a little less exciting for me personally.  
    I suppose too the earlier rides were more about conquering the adversity and they were younger, fitter people... so were we back then. 😁
    I think this series made me pine for (all of our) youth a little. 
    I still enjoyed this series, just not in the same way as the previous ones.
    I loved the electric Harleys and that they were on the cutting edge of trying to make a difference. All of that was research to develop better tech for the future. 

I got very nervous when they entered Mexico. And somewhere????bolivia border, the guy denied Ewan entrance and asked for camera to be shut off. I have no doubt some palms were greased there. 

But yes, they and we, weren’t those young people this time around. A little wistful. Charley ended up good though. 

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • And, still no third season of The Casketeers. I wish they would just say because it looks like a 4th season coming!!!!
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Started Blackbird. This is good. I like the plot and i love greg kinnear. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • Wow. Ray Liotta was only 67 when he died. He
    looked 87.

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2022
    Interesting developments on The Patient. I have no idea how this is going to play out. I want to binge the rest of it NOW.
    Okay. I got latest episode watched. I was 2 steps ahead. I Knew what he (Doctor) was doing and why. Knew how he was going to do it. 
    Soooo, they did write themselves an acceptable path.  
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Welcome to Wrexham -  Hulu— i love this. I love this town. I want Wrexham merch. I am now actually interested in football. Not the thug American shit. The European leagues. I hope I can catch it on my TV.   

I thought British football was the thugiest of the thugs... the spectators are just brutal. 😳
    Ooohhhh hell. Episode tonight showing the brutal thuggy thugs! Wow. I didn’t realize how physical they got!!!!
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • And, still no third season of The Casketeers. I wish they would just say because it looks like a 4th season coming!!!!
    I didn't watch any more, just season 1 and 2 with you. If you get 4 we could watch that?
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Welcome to Wrexham -  Hulu— i love this. I love this town. I want Wrexham merch. I am now actually interested in football. Not the thug American shit. The European leagues. I hope I can catch it on my TV.   

I thought British football was the thugiest of the thugs... the spectators are just brutal. 😳
    Ooohhhh hell. Episode tonight showing the brutal thuggy thugs! Wow. I didn’t realize how physical they got!!!!
    Really nasty, I'd say animalistic.. but animals don't really behave like this. 🤔
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Wow. Ray Liotta was only 67 when he died. He
    looked 87.

I didn't recognize him at first. I believe it was the last thing he filmed. This is a really good show and Kinnear is excellent.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Maybe they used hollywood makeup to make him older
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Maybe they used hollywood makeup to make him older
    ....possible, or the underlying issue that ultimately took him from us, aged him prematurely....most recent phots, he appeared to be his actual age....
    Hedda Gabler
  • edited September 2022
    It’s him. Maybe general hollywood makeup, but no appliances or anything. He’s bloated and it’s his pockmarked skin. His gray hair. He looks terrible. I think what killed him was eating him up. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2022
    Blackbird

Okay, is this guy Hall, is he a serial killer? Yes, he has violent drawings, but is it just what he saw and maybe his twin brother did it and forced him to help?  He’s slow and special needs. Is he a ruthless killer? He doesn’t come off as a brilliant mastermind 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okey doke. Nevermind. 😳😳😳
    BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2022
    Blackbird — this is a book? By the same name? This is really good and I know a book would be better. And it says it is based on a true story — is that true or just part of the fictional world they are creating for the screen, to pull you in?

and

I am on last episode. So many questions i have. Do they find body? Does james get out alive? What’s going on with Mr. gigante? What happens with this asshole cop? Why are the inmates giving him the eye?  Just a cop’s son thing? What is with the lady therapist ?  Her questions were odd.  Does that phone number the guy therapist gave him come into play?  What fumble is ray liotta gonna drop?  Ugh. An hour and all revealed. I hope. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT