Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    I forgot to add in my above message (shocking, because I lived and breathed this show for several weeks) that I've recently finished: Six Feet Under.

Another show I need to watch.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I can't wait for this one to be available in the US

• A fun Halloween episode of the Great British Baking Show this week. And

Syabira really ruled this week. Top marks all around and a handshake

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    A fun Halloween episode of the Great British Baking Show this week. And

Syabira really ruled this week. Top marks all around and a handshake

Yes, very strong week for this person. 

My favorite moment? When Noel was sitting with the skeletons and told them, paraphrasing, 

“ I really enjoyed your work in Jason and the Argonauts.”

FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • edited October 2022
    The Watcher (copied from movie marathon)

“A family moves into their dream home, only to be plagued by ominous letters, strange neighbors and sinister threats.”

you will not get any satisfaction at the end of season one. Buyer beware. 

It is a really good show, but I would wait for a season two if I were you. 

It’s a cockadoodee (sp?)  cheat. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Black Butterflies (copied from movie marathon thread)

Black Butterflies* — netflix series

“Low on inspiration for his second book, a gloomy novelist agrees to write a memoir for a dying man — and swiftly becomes part of his bloodstained past.”

This is a very good french series. Twisty. Vintage feel when French new waveish style was the thing. Or still is the thing.  Maybe someone can explain that better. 

If you watch the series, last episode there is an important late credits scene so fast forward to it. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • My problem with The Watcher is that it's based on real-life incident that has never been solved. So they make up someone to put the blame on. That irks me, for some reason.
    GNTLGNTKurbenLou_SytsmaHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    My problem with The Watcher is that it's based on real-life incident that has never been solved. So they make up someone to put the blame on. That irks me, for some reason.
    I didn’t know this. I can go along with fictionalizing it, but it has to have resolution if you’re taking it that route. Real life documentaries are my jam, but it irritates me when we sit through  hours and we’re no further along to finding out whodunnit than episode one. 

When I (we) commit that kind of time, we should be rewarded. If you can’t do that then:

a. It’s about the money and not the art.
    b. Your story is weak and falling apart. You’ve shot your wad and have no clue what to do. 

This thing is filled with interesting, suspicious characters. I will watch a second season. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Just binged through Deadwater Fell (Amazon Prime, four 45-minute episodes from 2020, starring David Tennant and Cush Jumbo from The Good Fight) -- creepy good whodunit.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Watched the first episode of The Peripheral. SF series is set in the near future and involves VR gaming. Intriguing setup.
  • Based on the excellent novel by William Gibson
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
    Ah. Didn't know that.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Power of the Doctor was a real treat for long-time Doctor Who fans. So many neat guest appearances.
    News to me. The only Gibson i read actually is Neuromancer.
  • edited October 2022
    The Patient

Oh. My. God. They did it. I want to applaud the writers for being brave.  Steve gave such an amazing performance and I also applaud him for keeping it as real as possible. Authentic in every way. That’s what acting is. 
    From a creative standpoint, I wanted them to take that road less traveled. But as a viewer, about midway, my arrogant bravado fell away and I desperately wanted him to survive. I didn’t care if one big deus ex machina fell from the sky.  Everyone did amazing job with this. Now I’m going to be weepy all day. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The Patient

Oh. My. God. They did it. I want to applaud the writers for being brave.  Steve gave such an amazing performance and I also applaud him for keeping it as real as possible. Authentic in every way. That’s what acting is. 
    From a creative standpoint, I wanted them to take that road less traveled. But as a viewer, about midway, my arrogant bravado fell away and I desperately wanted him to survive. I didn’t care if one big deus ex machina fell from the sky.  Everyone did amazing job with this. Now I’m going to be weepy all day. 

Didn't read your spoilers... I can't find this anywhere. 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    The Patient

We have it on hulu. If you ever try a free trial, be sure and get this in.  So brutally good. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The Patient

We have it in hulu. If you ever try a free trial, be sure and get this in.  So brutally good. 
    I've never seen Hulu advertised on our platforms even, I'll ask you know who about it. 
    It's something I'd love to see though after seeing you and Bev discussing it a while ago. 
    GNTLGNT
  • And Domnhall Gleeson gave a tremendous performance.  He absolutely 100% acted the shit out of this with his eyes. Oh man! Watch his eyes. 
    While his onscreen persona had such a flat affect, his eyes were telling a very different and deadly story.  

Watch. His. Eyes. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • And Domnhall Gleeson gave a tremendous performance.  He absolutely 100% acted the shit out of this with his eyes. Oh man! Watch his eyes. 
    While his onscreen persona had such a flat affect, his eyes were telling a very different and deadly story.  

Watch. His. Eyes. 
    I just found out that he's Brendan Gleeson's son -- Bill Hodges from the Mercedes series.

I do have some thoughts about the finale, though:

1) Why didn't Sam's father report him to the cops? No love lost there, and the kid almost murdered him

2) Why didn't Alan leave a hidden message for his kids in his final letter? I would have spelled out Sam's name using the first letter of each line, for example, or subtly emphasize certain letters in the text.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    And Domnhall Gleeson gave a tremendous performance.  He absolutely 100% acted the shit out of this with his eyes. Oh man! Watch his eyes. 

Watch. His. Eyes. 
    I just found out that he's Brendan Gleeson's son -- Bill Hodges from the Mercedes series.

I do have some thoughts about the finale, though:

1) Why didn't Sam's father report him to the cops? No love lost there, and the kid almost murdered him

2) Why didn't Alan leave a hidden message for his kids in his final letter? I would have spelled out Sam's name using the first letter of each line, for example, or subtly emphasize certain letters in the text.
    Same thoughts. 

I was hoping dad would call police and Steve would get saved too. 

And, i knew sam would read note so i was hoping dr. wrote his name really hard in the paper with pressure, no ink,  emboss it, and then write over it so it wasn’t obvious. Or, 

What he did, he knew sam would kill him. He could have written a note, shoved it up his ass, just like he shoved that note in the other guy’s mouth. 

Crude, vulgar, but he knew he was going to die because he couldn’t kill the mom. Either way, he knew he was dying.  He said so.  He chose his day to die. 

I guess note up the behind would have made it comical in some way, but on autopsy, he would be revealed. 

Of course, no guarantee he would let the body be found when we are led to believe it was buried in the floor. But still, Steve threatened to kill — so is anything that far out there? 

GNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    The patient

and

Steve cut mom. Her blood would be on him. Possibly her spit, tears, hair. 
    We know sam’s probably not in any data base. He’s kept clean. But mom? She’s older. More chances her dna might be in the system through job, injuries from beatings where she “tripped” and went to OR, having baby. 
    Their DNA is on him. Run through these ancestry places and get some relatives.  Detective work. 

GNTLGNT
  • Alas, it seems like all these thoughts will remain unanswered as the creators have said they have no intention of continuing the story.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Watched the second episode of The Peripheral - took an intriguing turn.

Watched the first episode of del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities - Lot 39. Very reminiscent of Stephen King's - The Crate. Looks gorgeous and the creature was awesome. However, the characters were not very likeable and one only existed to drive home a story point.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler