Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• I'm juggling so many shows I sometimes forget when a new episode of one drops...gotta get with The Patient later.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    Yeah, too many shows, too little time.

Finished The Devil in Ohio. Final thought - weird. It's like the show wanted to go in different directions but just wandered aimlessly until it just ended.

Season Two of Outlaws on Amazon Prime just landed!  The gang is back together and in deeper doodoo than they were before in the first season. The Dean wants his drug money and has given the gang 8 weeks to pay him back. The gang's solution is somewhat predictable but the fun is in how they use their differing life views and talents to accomplish that. Fun and funny.

Too bad each season is only 6 episodes. I could hang around with these people for a long time.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Janusz is my winner for The Great British Baking Show. 
    Maxie's up there, too.
    Did you see the mess about Mexican week? 

GNTLGNT
  • I missed that -- reading up on it now. It seemed like a poor choice for a baking show.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited October 2022
    I missed that -- reading up on it now. It seemed like a poor choice for a baking show.
    This bums me out.  They were joking, as they do on every single show.  And , i laughed because obviously Great Britain (i tremble in fear saying the wrong thing — not) are not familiar with Mexican cuisine. They were all bumbling around trying to figure it out. New words, new tastes. 

Life is about learning and discovering. They were having fun learning.  Take a damn joke! 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I missed that -- reading up on it now. It seemed like a poor choice for a baking show.
    This bums me out.  They were joking, as they do on every single show.  And , i laughed because obviously Great Britain (i tremble in fear saying the wrong thing — not) are not familiar with Mexican cuisine. They were all bumbling around trying to figure it out. New words, new tastes. 

Life is about learning and discovering. They were having fun learning.  Take a damn joke! 
    Oh my god! 🤣😂🤣. 

Bev, i reread this and it appeared i was attacking you— i was not! 😂

my bum had to do with people in general reading such ugly into something they didn’t mean in a malicious way, but just a silly way.  

Did they get a little overzealous? Perhaps. But i know they weren’t meaning it ugly. 

Anyway, hope you understood my cryptic bullshit. 🤣

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    I started Miss Sherlock on HBO Max, a Japanese contemporary reinvention of Holmes with the leads being both female. The first episode is interesting (it starts with a bang!). The actress playing Holmes is a real trip, and I laughed out loud at the end of the episode when the sidekick's name is revealed.

Wato Tachibana, which leads to Wato-san.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • Finished Arkane - a visually gorgeous animated series with great writing and characters. But it ended on a MAJOR cliffhanger! Sure hope there's a Season 2.

Started off Better Call Saul - and yeah, that was a thing. Not an auspicious beginning for such a well regarded show.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • The only surprise about this week's Great British Baking Show is 

how the person who was eliminated lasted that long.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • The only surprise about this week's Great British Baking Show is 

how the person who was eliminated lasted that long.
    Agree!  I felt this person should have been gone long ago.  But they seemed like a nice person. Really, every GB I have watched, everyone has been pretty supportive of each other.  Has there ever been a season with a jerk baker?

that show stopper, wow. Magic. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    Miss Sherlock is really worth watching -- a female Japanese Sherlock Holmes in the modern era. I was really saddened, though, to find out that the lead actress died a couple of years ago. She's so good in this.
    Lou_SytsmaFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Finished The Rings of Power - great final episode. Lots of reveals. Overall, the season was solid but not spectacular. Can't believe Amazon hasn't started filming the second season yet - could be two years before the second season becomes available.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Is anyone watching the French, Black Butterflies?  I am and will ride it to the finish line. 

Also watching The Watchers. Unsettling as hell. 

Both Netflix. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Finished The Rings of Power - great final episode. Lots of reveals. Overall, the season was solid but not spectacular. Can't believe Amazon hasn't started filming the second season yet - could be two years before the second season becomes available.
    We've just finished this too, I think it was a slow burn but enjoyable. It has made me want to revisit the movies.

Recently finished Peaky Blinders, really liked this but what an unsatisfying cliffhanger ending, they had better be making more. 😳

Have just started Derry Girls a couple of nights ago, hugely funny, am loving it. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Is anyone watching the French, Black Butterflies?  I am and will ride it to the finish line. 

Also watching The Watchers. Unsettling as hell. 

Both Netflix. 
    I'll add them to my list, thanks. I hope they're on my Netflix, there have been several of your recommendations I haven't been able to find recently, it's frustrating when that happens. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited October 2022
    I started Sherwood on Britbox yesterday -- so far so good. Lots of familiar faces in the cast. It deals with the acrimonious legacy of the 1984 miners' strike--those who picketed and those who crossed the line. Some people are still willing to kill over it.

The Patient episode 9

I kept thinking this was a case of Chekov's tube of foot cream.
    Classic line: I'm just kidding...I'm not going to fuck his skull.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Second episode of Better Call Saul was much better. Evoked memories of Breaking Bad.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I started Sherwood on Britbox yesterday -- so far so good. Lots of familiar faces in the cast. It deals with the acrimonious legacy of the 1984 miners' strike--those who picketed and those who crossed the line. Some people are still willing to kill over it.

The Patient episode 9

I kept thinking this was a case of Chekov's tube of foot cream.
    Classic line: I'm just kidding...I'm not going to fuck his skull.
    You introduce it , you use  it.  Still have another episode to do so, maybe?

that last line was funny and i felt yikes after laughing— at him and at myself. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Janusz is my winner for The Great British Baking Show. 
    Did you see the mess about Mexican week? 

I went back and watched a season with German week.  They did the exact same silly stuff. I don’t remember a big gasp of outrage over that.  

We have gotten to, let’s stick a finger up our ass, pull it out wet and gooey and hold it in the air and see which way the wind blows. And make sure we go with the crowd instead of just thinking for ourselves. 

I’ll be outraged over their outrage and they can outrage me back. 

Great job everyone. S/ — that means sarcasm. 

🤣😂🤣😈🤬

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    I forgot to add in my above message (shocking, because I lived and breathed this show for several weeks) that I've recently finished: Six Feet Under.
    What an incredible story, I loved it. The characters will likely stay with me,. 
     I loved the fact that the show's creators were not afraid of telling the truth and letting the characters be ugly. And beautiful. I'm so glad I finally found a platform running this, it was an emotional journey but one taken at probably exactly the right moment in my life.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenLou_Sytsma
  • stick a finger up our ass, pull it out wet and gooey and hold it in the air

...in other parlance, a Southeast Ohio Barometer.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I forgot to add in my above message (shocking, because I lived and breathed this show for several weeks) that I've recently finished: Six Feet Under.
     I loved the fact that the show's creators were not afraid of telling the truth and letting the characters be ugly. And beautiful. I'm so glad I finally found a platform running this, it was an emotional journey but one taken at probably exactly the right moment in my life.
    I am so glad you got to see this. I have never cried so hard over a show before or since. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • Shetland

what a beautiful man and a shining example of integrity, dignity, honesty to the police force.

The last 15 ish minutes took my feels on a ride. 
    FlakeNoirBevVincentKurbenGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I am so glad you got to see this. I have never cried so hard over a show before or since. 
    So many tears, many, many, many, oh-so-many. I truly loved these guys. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler