Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited October 2022
    I'm a big fan of the German Netflix series Dark. The creators next series looks very promising too:

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I've been waiting for this for ages.
    Hedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I have this set on reminder. 
    Lou_SytsmaFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Finished The Patient. Great season. Gleeson and Carrel were excellent.

As to some questions:

Spoiler:

1) Why didn't father report son?

Father is compromised. Probably worried his history of abuse would come to light. Plus the guilt, he is carrying. Father has issues of his own and on some level thought he deserved to die and/or be punished.

2) Hidden message

If Sam saw anything even slightly off about the message he wouldn't have sent it.

One of the strengths of the series was setting up and then diving deep into the relationship between Alan  and Ezra - making Ezra a sympathetic character.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Cabinet of Curiosities— Netflix

very stylish — lush, rich visuals. Love the opening. Very Hitchcockian in introducing us to each story. 
    And that cabinet is a work of art. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • Cabinet of Curiosities— Netflix

very stylish — lush, rich visuals. Love the opening. Very Hitchcockian in introducing us to each story. 
    And that cabinet is a work of art. 

I just found this, looking forward to watching!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited October 2022
    Ok the second episode of Cabinet of Curiosities was much creepier. Very reminiscent of Graveyard Shift.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I just love this cabinet and all its secrets. And the statues of the directors. We need more information on the art of this opening. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    Yes Yes! 
    I saw the fist ep of cabinet.   I knew with the intro that I was going to love it.

I was a little taken aback when the first character was named 'Roland'  ohhhhh.

Then my mind went a little and could not remember the others character's name.
    I was hoping for a RF name.  Just me.  I don't know his name in the series.   :)

But this is going to be a fun ride.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched Ep 3 of Cabinet - The Autopsy. Best one so far, IMO. F. Murray Abraham did a fantastic job. And man the SFX and makeup in this one was out of this world.  ;)
  • Season 3 of Deadwind tomorrow the 29th. 

Netflix
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2022
    Great British Baking Show

I’m torn about who went home. 

My guy, Janusz,  should have gone home. Kevin’s gateau tasted great, but looked terrible. Janusz’s looked pretty, but Paul said it tasted horrible. Janusz did better in first challenge, kevin did better in second challenge. That showstopper — I guess when you call it a showstopper, that puts the importance on looks and not taste. Overall during the show, Janusz has done better than Kevin, but each day should be judged by that day’s challenge alone.  Previous day’s challenges shouldn’t factor in until the finale.  I wouldn’t want to eat “ wallpaper paste “ no matter how pretty the package. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Cabinet Ep 4 - The Outside. Plop! First clunker of the series.
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Janusz has been trailing off these past few weeks after a strong start. But it's hard at this point because everyone left is so good.
  • Janusz has been trailing off these past few weeks after a strong start. But it's hard at this point because everyone left is so good.
    Yes, and Syabira has just really put the heat on. I loved her showstopper. It was so pretty and unique. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Deadwind season 3 

it has been so long since I watched season 1 and 2, but I think this has been their best season. Lots of storylines to follow which I think they did pretty good with. Kept my interest hopping from one to the other. I’ll come back for a season 4. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Inside Man. 

This is going to be good.  
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • It is great -- Tucci is so good, and the situation Tennant's character finds himself in is both incredible and credible!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Started Inside Man tonight also. First episode, really good.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Started Inside Man tonight also. First episode, really good.
    I’m about 20 mins in episode 2.  Holy hell, how is he going to fix this?  Like the woman, I am rolling scenarios around in my head — none of them fix this. There are huge repercussions no matter what. 

My favorite scenes are with Tucci and his human recorder, Who. I. like.  Why? He is a vicious serial killer.  He’s an enigma though. A serial killer who has a true sense of humor and isn’t socially awkward. No weird vibes even when he clarifies his gruesome killings!!! What the hell.  

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Started Inside Man tonight also. First episode, really good.
    I’m about 20 mins in episode 2.  Holy hell, how is he going to fix this?  Like the woman, I am rolling scenarios around in my head — none of them fix this. There are huge repercussions no matter what. 

My favorite scenes are with Tucci and his human recorder, Who. I. like.  Why? He is a vicious serial killer.  He’s an enigma though. A serial killer who has a true sense of humor and isn’t socially awkward. No weird vibes even when he clarifies his gruesome killings!!! What the hell.  

This is soooo good. I think(?) (I'm losing my mind 🥺) we've watched 3 episodes so far and oh God I keep flip-flopping between "save her" and "kill that bitch". 😳😄

Yes! I love his human recorder, he's hilarious and those are my favourite scenes too.

I'm at a real cliffhanger after last night's episode... 😳😳😳 catch up girl. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Be sure to stick around for the post-credit scene after the last episode of INSIDE MAN.
  • The decision about who to send home gets harder week by week on the bake-off.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2022
    How do you make 8 spring rolls, but end up with 7? If you made 8, and one is missing, then it should be around somewhere. You insist you made it. Where is it? 

I call shenanigans on Janusz. And playing the incredulous “what”? game doesn’t win me over.  You counted wrong. Admit it.  I’m turning against my pick. 

I really liked who went home, I wish they could have stayed.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2022
    There is a show on Netflix called Old Enough. It is about Japanese 2 year olds being sent, by themselves, on errands.  Not down to Mrs. Smith’s house and back — to the damn grocery store crossing major busy roads.  Stranger danger Will Robinson lurking the whole route! 

Holy f’ing mother of God! I watched the first episode — 7 minutes long. Seven minutes of pure terror in my heart. 

I don’t know if this is something Japan does, or this was strictly for sadistic “entertainment” value, but I will not be watching any more. My little heart can’t take it. 

Yes. Camera people were everywhere. Surely there were others making sure these kids were safe. Hopefully they were close enough to grab them in one step because kids are fast and unpredictable. One step means stepping in the road. Or encountering some dog or snake or picking up a dirty lollipop. 

The kid was adorable and so happy to do his adventure.  I would’ve helicopter parented him into bubble wrap. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSusanNorton