Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• In the old days, they used to say a person like him "needed killin'"
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerSusanNorton
  • I can't get this show, we don't have this platform anymore. Grrr..
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2022
    In the old days, they used to say a person like him "needed killin'"
    He absolutely does. I am onboard with his demise in the most gruesome way possible.  This person is trash. 

Starting episode 5. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I can't get this show, we don't have this platform anymore. Grrr..
    If you get back in, definitely watch this. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • It has a satisfying ending.

I'm finally getting around to watching the final season of Westworld.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir

I hope so. I’m getting ready to start 9.  I couldn’t possibly hate this man more. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I can't get this show, we don't have this platform anymore. Grrr..
    And if you do get to watch it, talk to me first so I can prepare you for an animal thing. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Very satisfying — for everyone. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • It's based on a Flemish series called CLAN. Can't find that one streaming anywhere, though. I read the synopsis on Wikipedia -- some strong similarities and a number of differences.
  • Been watching The English on Amazon Prime. A western with Emily Blunt. It's very good, echoes of Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns, acted and shot beautifully.

KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I am so happy about this. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Been watching The English on Amazon Prime. A western with Emily Blunt. It's very good, echoes of Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns, acted and shot beautifully.

We've just started this, agree! 
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2022
    @BevVincent — so, what are your overall thoughts on season 4 Westworld and what do you think about cancellation and no season 5?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I'm only on the first episode, and I think I'm going to push it off to watch 1899 first.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • I have that going too. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Started The English. Very much a Leone vibe out of this one. It is even filmed in Spain like Leone often did. Though i miss Morricones music......  They have done a good job with the score but its not Morricone class, but then who is?
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma
  • edited November 2022
    I don't think the winner of the Great British Baking Show has been in any doubt for a few weeks now. The holiday episode also launched today. It's an interesting twist, having on four "celebrities" who aren't bakers. One of them was on Inside Man and another I recognize from an episode of Doctor Who.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I don't think the winner of the Great British Baking Show has been in any doubt for a few weeks now. The holiday episode also launched today. It's an interesting twist, having on four "celebrities" who aren't bakers. One of them was on Inside Man and another I recognize from an episode of Doctor Who.
    Well deserved win. 

Had holiday episode in the line up so will start that for weekend watch. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2022
    Finished The English. What a beautiful series - acting, cinematography, scenery, music, and story.

Also a beautifully sad story that has a seed of triumph buried beneath layers of hardship, missed opportunities, ugliness, and evilness.

This is one not to be missed that subverts your expectations on one hand and leaves you with something better in the other.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2022
    Watching Holiday British Baking — i much prefer watching regular people than celebrities. Skipping those episodes for now. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • Ashley Jensen has been named as Doug Henshall’s replacement in Shetland. 

She played the nurse in Afterlife. I know she will do a great job, but…Doug. I want him to stay. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I have Britbox.  Where is season 3 of Staged?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I have Britbox.  Where is season 3 of Staged?
    Only on BritBox UK at the moment. Not sure when it will be released in the US
  • I'm really digging 1899. Only two episodes in, but it is a puzzle box full of mysteries. The ending of episode 2 is a mindblower.