Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• The Recruit on Netflix. It's a lighter version of Jack Ryan. The lead is very likable.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I tried to like this. I need to head back in and see if I can appreciate it like so many others do. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited December 2022
    I have watched 715 episodes of Dark Shadows. 

SEVEN HUNDRED and FIFTEEN episodes. 

I demand every single actor on this series, living and dead, send me a thank you. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • And that includes the bat on a string. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • This is about how I feel watching this show. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • I'm almost halfway through The Peripheral and enjoying it.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I'm almost halfway through The Peripheral and enjoying it.
    Six episodes in -- highly recommended.
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....Tulsa King.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited December 2022
    Binged the first 8 episodes of the new Quantum Leap. It's a nice change of pace from all the content and dourer stuff I usually gravitate towards.

The cast is likable and the writing is decent. Best of all, it not only acknowledges the prior version, it embraces it. Al's wife appears and his daughter is heavily involved in some way with helping Ben - the new lead - in taking his unauthorized leap.

Still enjoying The Recruit. Great blend of action, humor and characters.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited January 2023
    Finished S1 of The Recruit. Fun, first season that ends on a major reveal and cliffhanger.

Two episodes into Jack Ryan. There's a lot of political maneuvering - bit too much for my tastes.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Tulsa King.....
    .....Stallone does a pretty nice job here....I know he has all the acting chops of a cigar store Indian, but he and the cast have made this a Godfather of The Dust Bowl work....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I have watched 715 episodes of Dark Shadows. 

SEVEN HUNDRED and FIFTEEN episodes. 

I demand every single actor on this series, living and dead, send me a thank you. 
    I am here to make a pretty huge correction. 

I am in a parking lot people watching and don’t have exact numbers, but minus about 200 episodes from above. 

I have watched over Five Hundred episodes. 

Dark Shadows had 200 beginning episodes of their soap they count but don’t. Those first seasons were blah and they were going to get cancelled.  So Barnabus showed up. So, they sort of look at that first season with Barnabus as the real beginning to Dark Shadows even though they logged in over 200 shows pre Barnabus. I just discovered their count started not at one when he showed up, but at 200 something. 

They still owe me thank yous. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FYI - 1899 - has been cancelled so no resolution for the planned three seasons of the show - https://tinyurl.com/nw3j748e
  • That really sucks. I wonder if some other platform will pick it up.

I watched the two seasons (4 episodes each) of the Scottish crime series GUILT, which is on PBS. Lots of familiar faces in the cast. I almost ditched it after fifteen minutes because it seemed campy, but it quickly settled down and turned into a decent thriller with lots of twists and turns. They're currently filming a third and final season.
  • I really embraced 1899 so this is terrible news. 

i truly hope it can find a home somewhere else. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Has anyone watched BBC — Vera?

thoughts?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • It's been around forever -- 11 seasons! I think I started it once and liked it well enough, but moved on to other things.
  • A billion choices and I can’t hook into a series at the moment.  I have a few going, but can’t stay committed. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

thoughts?
    My wife loves the show. She's watched it several times over.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • A billion choices and I can’t hook into a series at the moment.  I have a few going, but can’t stay committed. 
    Did you try The English or The Recruit on Netflix? Quite enjoyed both of those.
  • I'm dipping my toe into Kaleidoscope on Netflix. Apparently you can watch all but the final episode in any order.

thoughts?
    My wife loves the show. She's watched it several times over.
    I like that it has a number of seasons so if it is good, I have plenty to enjoy. I will give it a go. 

The English isn’t on Netflix I see. What service has it?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I'm dipping my toe into Kaleidoscope on Netflix. Apparently you can watch all but the final episode in any order.
    This sounds really interesting. So, did you start in an odd spot or are you just taking them first to last in order. I think I’ll skip around. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT