Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Have my eye in Will Trent — Hulu

anyone watch this one, thoughts appreciated. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Golden Globes on tonight. 

I know you guys aren’t interested, but just thought I’d throw it out there. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT

Sheesh. 

ON Will Trent. Not IN Will Trent. Makes a big difference. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • Well crap. I’m weepy. Short round won. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Favorite gown I saw:  Li jun Li.

shout out to Viola Davis. I always love what she wears because she isn’t afraid of wearing vibrant lush colors. The purple looked pretty on her. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Watched the pilot- liking what I am seeing. Interesting characters. Holds my attention looking for clues.  On delay watching, so will catch next episode soon. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Rig -- six episodes on Amazon Prime. Features actors from Game of Thrones and Line of Duty, plus Emily Hampshire from Schitt's Creek & Chapelwaite. It's decent eco-horror that starts off reminiscent of The Mist.
    KurbenGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Rig -- six episodes on Amazon Prime. Features actors from Game of Thrones and Line of Duty, plus Emily Hampshire from Schitt's Creek & Chapelwaite. It's decent eco-horror that starts off reminiscent of The Mist.
    Agreed. We just finished. The acting elevated a pretty standard story. Will there be a second season? Unknown, but am fine with how the season ended.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited January 2023
    Can't wait for the second season!  Adding Elijah Wood is an excellent bonus.

Though, the soap flakes - snow, really stick out.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Watched the first episode of The Last of Us. Having played both games - happy with the results so far.  Great to see Anna Torv again - a fav from Fringe.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I know nothing about the game, but I like what I saw
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ...just wish they hadn't "killed off" Harry......
    Hedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...just wish they hadn't "killed off" Harry......
    Well, truth in fiction.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • I watched the first episode of That 90's Show. A nice callback to the original series, but that's probably all I need to see of it.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Watched the first episode of the Netflix series - Woman of the Dead. It's an Austrian series that deals with the widow of a police officer literally killed right before her eyes. She runs a funeral parlor and also does the embalming - hence the series title.

It's based on a book and runs for 6 episodes.

Interesting setup and, if nothing else, the Austrian scenery is gorgeous.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Watched the first episode of the Netflix series - Woman of the Dead. It's an Austrian series that deals with the widow of a police officer literally killed right before her eyes. She runs a funeral parlor and also does the embalming - hence the series title.

I have this in my queue. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Started a Swiss crime series on Amazon called Wilder. It's leaving Amazon at the end of the month, though, so I better be snappy about it. I lived in Switzerland for a couple of years, but this is set in a remote alpine village. I recognize more of the words than I do with a Nordic show!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT

Just started this. Please tell me he wasn’t having an affair. Every damn show, someone is having an affair. Yes, I understand suspense and thrillers have to have secrets, but always affairs? Or the cop is undercover, or gone rogue crookedy.  

Can we find some new secrets? 
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • Started a Swiss crime series on Amazon called Wilder. It's leaving Amazon at the end of the month, though, so I better be snappy about it. I lived in Switzerland for a couple of years, but this is set in a remote alpine village. I recognize more of the words than I do with a Nordic show!
    This series is really quite good. I'm done episode 5 of 6 and I have no idea whodunit.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I love how they switch between German and French, sometimes in the same breath. Reminds me of my time spent there--conferences where someone would ask a question in German, get an answer in French and a follow-up in English.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited January 2023
    Oh man. Midnight Diner is so sad sometimes. 

Their attitude about sex, sexuality is interesting. They seem to be very open about it on one hand, but shy and giggly on the other. 

I absolutely love the song that opens each episode. 

I would try all the food they make. 

We find out that the scar was caused by peanut abacus guy, but no details. 

@BevVincent — after they eat, they always say, “thanks for the food” as they leave, slight bow.  Of course,I would hope all of us say thank you to our servers at restaurants, but this is very ritualistic and exact wording to the Master. Is this part of proper Japanese custom and  culture? 

GNTLGNT
  • And, diners are only allowed a 3 drink limit because they aren’t bars? I would be drunk at one. Japan seems to be a country of heavy drinkers. Doesn’t anyone order water?
    KurbenGNTLGNT
  • Just started this. Please tell me he wasn’t having an affair. Every damn show, someone is having an affair. Yes, I understand suspense and thrillers have to have secrets, but always affairs? Or the cop is undercover, or gone rogue crookedy.  

Can we find some new secrets? 
    No affair.  And the protagonist is more complicated than we are first led to believe.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler