Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• The episodes are named after colors, so there isn't really a first/second. A few sites tell you how to watch them in chronological order. I started with Violet which is the earliest part of the story.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I’m intrigued how they do this. Starting at some random spot, you could come in on the middle, or near the end. ( I get that last episode is last)  It seems like the others though, would ruin the story by not understanding what’s been laid before or spoiling when you pick up an earlier “episode” where you’ve already learned too much. 

Sort of sounds Cain Jawbone like. 

I’m in. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Some of the episodes even take place after the heist (chronologically after White, which Netflix wants people to watch last)
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I’ve started with Red. Going to keep track to see how this plays out. Fascinating concept. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I've done Violet, Green, Yellow.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited January 2023
    I've done Violet, Green, Yellow.
    Little miss question girl can’t even blabber about what’s going on.  Who is doing what?  Oh my god. I have to shut up and just go for the ride. How dare they! 

Starting Orange. 

😄❤️
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited January 2023
    But I get the feel of this. You create your own flashbacks and flash forwards instead of them leading you.

It’s like those kid books — were they R.L. Stine? You get to the end of a chapter and from their page choices, decide where to go.  The book’s story could suddenly end though while here, all roads lead to Rome so to speak . 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Starting Violet.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited January 2023

The English isn’t on Netflix I see. What service has it?

Amazon Prime.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Thank you. Unfortunately one of a bazillion I DON’T have. It looked good. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I am here for this!

Hedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The Pale Blue Eye looks interesting. A detective recruits Edgar Allan poe to solve a grisly murder. 

Netflix this week. 
    Lou_SytsmaFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I just love Midnight Diner.  I love the master.  Just a quiet charm I don’t possess but wish I had. 

BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I just love Midnight Diner.  I love the master.  Just a quiet charm I don’t possess but wish I had. 

There are two full-length movies you can only access through an app called Viki Rakuten -- they only cost 99¢ each, which you can pay through iTunes. They take place between the two series. What we especially liked was the fact that they showed a little bit of Master outside of the diner. Not a lot, but to show he has a real lived life.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited January 2023
    I want him to be happy, have a nice life.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I think you'd like this one @Hedda Gabler -- Black Work on BritBox. Three episodes, not all that recent, but it has Doug Henshall in it. Plenty of twists I didn't see coming.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I think you'd like this one @Hedda Gabler -- Black Work on BritBox. Three episodes, not all that recent, but it has Doug Henshall in it. Plenty of twists I didn't see coming.
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I love Doug so it is definitely a must-see. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Finished S3 of Jack Ryan. Heavy on political maneuvering and leaning heavily into the Ukraine/Russia conflict. James Cosmos playing a Russian military officer, Luka Goncharov, is the standout.

Main quibble is too much talking and not enough action but worth a view.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
    This is a wild ride. 

37 mins to go. I think it’s obvious who and the why — but am i right?
    GNTLGNT
  • I thought I knew what was going on several times...
    GNTLGNT
  • I thought I knew what was going on several times...
    I was right. 

Why my local detective squad don’t scoop me up is a mystery. 😄
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited January 2023
    I thought I knew what was going on several times...
    I was right. 

Why my local detective squad don’t scoop me up is a mystery. 😄
    Oh shit!!!! No!!!! I was Wrong!!!!!!

brilliant. Nice job. 

i was sure it was the boyfriend. They took that reveal to the last minutes. 

GNTLGNT
  • It was the boyfriend, it was the other cop, it was the chief inspector, it was...
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • It was the boyfriend, it was the other cop, it was the chief inspector, it was...
    Some of those characters were strongly put out front, so I didn’t trust those red herrings.  

With so little time on the clock, I was focused on one hand and quit paying attention to the other. 
    GNTLGNT