Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• If you haven't checked out the short story offering of Inside no. 9 on Britbox, you should. Very clever.  There is a little bit of everything in these little amuse-bouche offerings.  They just dropped season 7.  I really enjoyed them. Quick and creative.  I found them simple but impressive.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2022
    Welcome to Wrexham -  Hulu— i love this. I love this town. I want Wrexham merch. I am now actually interested in football. Not the thug American shit. The European leagues. I hope I can catch it on my TV.   

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The Patient — Hulu.  This is also very good. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • If you haven't checked out the short story offering of Inside no. 9 on Britbox, you should. Very clever.  There is a little bit of everything in these little amuse-bouche offerings.  They just dropped season 7.  I really enjoyed them. Quick and creative.  I found them simple but impressive.
    And they are very creative. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Shetland season 7 drops soon— Britbox
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirBevVincent
  • Wow - I was on page 77 when I logged in - looks like I missed quite a few posts!

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Welcome to Wrexham -  Hulu— i love this. I love this town. I want Wrexham merch. I am now actually interested in football. Not the thug American shit. The European leagues. I hope I can catch it on my TV.   

I thought British football was the thugiest of the thugs... the spectators are just brutal. 😳
    GNTLGNTNeesyKurbenHedda Gabler
  • edited September 2022
    Watching Devil In Ohio on Netflix with Emily Deschanel from the Bones TV series. It's based on true events about a religious cult. So far, it is firmly rooted in reality with only the occasional supernatural hint.

Surprised to learn that many reactions are calling the show terrible but addictively watchable. We've been enjoying it and find it quite well done.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Has someone here watched The White Lotus?

what am I not getting? Yes, i’ve watched the first episode only, and it was boring as hell.   

How on God’s green earth did this win a shit ton of Emmys and not Barry? Not Better Call Saul? Not Yellowjackets?  Not Only Murders in the building? ( and those are just the ones i watched). 

Someone please explain. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatKurben
  • Watching Shetland on britbox. I really like these characters. But, this investigation …  
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Creepy RV people are creepy. Is only one episode available right now?
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Creepy RV people are creepy. Is only one episode available right now?
    Yes. Only one episode. 

That’s my complaint! Creepy RV people — crimes happening. The cops drive back and forth past them on the way to multiple incidents, out in the middle of nowhere, and no one thinks to stop and talk to them. Or find them odd? They are strangers. On an island. Where everyone knows everyone.  They had to ferry over in that RV.  And they just drive on by, no big deal. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • We finished S2 of Only Murders in the Building (or OMIT-B, as one character called it). What a clever whodunnit with an excellent Killer Reveal Party. And Shirley MacLaine was a delight. Can't wait for S3.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2022
    I notice Bev that you watch The Great British Baking show, as do I.  This Noel Fielding — have you watched the mighty boosh? Anyone watch this show? Is it worth giving it a go? Is it like a Monty Python?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • We finished S2 of Only Murders in the Building (or OMIT-B, as one character called it). What a clever whodunnit with an excellent Killer Reveal Party. And Shirley MacLaine was a delight. Can't wait for S3.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • I've never seen Noel Fielding in anything. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • If you aren’t watching The Patient on Hulu, you are missing out on a fascinating story play out. I just have no idea how they will end this. I see no hope. 

Grimly or happily ever after— where are the writers going with this? Will they be brave and do something so shocking but maybe inevitable or will they tie it up all pretty? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • If you aren’t watching The Patient on Hulu, you are missing out on a fascinating story play out. I just have no idea how they will end this. I see no hope. 

Grimly or happily ever after— where are the writers going with this? Will they be brave and do something so shocking but maybe inevitable or will they tie it up all pretty? 
    Because, with shows like this,  our expectation is the big star 

survives. Dramatically rescued. I want these writers to do a full blown Barrymore ala Scream.  Be brave creators. Life isn’t always a neat. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • I am enjoying The Patient as well. I couldn't place the guy playing the serial killer. Oldest kid told me he was one of the Weasley twins in the Harry Potter movies and then instantly I knew him. He is impressing me in this, he is truly creepy. His eyes, his expressions...he is freaking me out. And I do enjoy watching Steve Carell in the drama roles way more than comedy. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Started watching 'Dahmer' on Netflix.  Very good so far.   :#
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • I'm up to episode five of The Patient -- eager to see where it goes. 
    Survivor is back (haven't seen it yet) and The Amazing Race
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2022
    Welcome to Wrexham Hulu is great. I get so choked up about it. The people, the town and how much this means to them that ryan and rob bought the team, seem committed and showed up in wrexham. They spent hours walking through town, meeting people, talking to fans of the team and them — they seriously listened.  The people felt seen. It meant something to them.  

I know celebrities don’t want to fuck around with us unwashed masses and see their fans as a necessary evil - a means to their end .  They don’t realize how much a kind word, a smile, a note in the mail means to a person. 

They can’t be all things to all people, but when they try, it just chokes me up.  I feel every single person’s feelings. I am so happy they got a moment in time.  And out of the  blue random acts of kindness just turn on my heart light. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Zipped through the first five episodes of The Patient.  Very unique and constantly keeps you off-guard. The tightness of the running time really works well.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • edited September 2022
    Okay, somebody on here watched midnight diner?  Maybe it was the movies only? I don’t think the movies are on Netflix. 

I am watching the series on Netflix.  It’s so charming and unassuming. 

I love the vibrant opening sequence though, and then we pretty much stay in The Master’s tiny, back alley business. I love him. Is he the same guy who was in Drive My Car?

Do we find out how he got the scar on his face?

Episode 2 with the Cat Rice — i’d like to try that. And it was sad. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • There are two Midnight Diner series -- one by that name and one called Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories. Between the two series, there are two movies. I found them using an app called Viki Rakuten. If you have an Apple TV device, you can install it there and it will use your iTunes account for any purchases on it. The two movies are only 99¢ each. Parts of Tokyo Stories will make more sense if you see the movies before you watch that series as characters are introduced in the movies who show up in the later series.

It's not the same actor as in Drive My Car. There is a scene where someone apologizes for giving him the scar. The series is based on a manga, which might provide more background but it's not translated so far as I can tell. Master might have a history with the Yakuza. (I found it interesting to discover that the actor provides the translated voice of the president in West Wing!)

The characters are so great. Diverse. Many are sex workers of one sort or another, but there's no judgement. The Yakuza guy is pretty cool (the guy who wears the dark sunglasses). Menacing but sentimental. Then there's this guy who keeps showing up reciting philosophical sentences. "X is like the Y river, it ..." Most of the episodes are uplifting and full of redemption but, occasionally, sad too. My wife and I love the series.

I've spent quite a bit of time in that part of Tokyo -- Shinjuku. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir