Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Love Better Call Saul! The entire series is great, but both seasons 5 and 6 are next level. 
    FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • My partner is watching Better Call Saul. I saw the first season and liked it, so maybe I'll go back to it after he's done. 
    NotarocatGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Finished Season 1 of Better call Saul (netflix) and Daredevil the series, season 1 —( Disney+)
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • edited August 2022
    I'm going to start watching Better Call Saul - great to hear they really stuck the landing.

But I still need to get through S4 of Westworld and S3 of Locke & Key - which seems to have landed with very little fanfare.

The wife and I are currently watching the Netflix series - Pieces of Her - starring the always great - Toni Collette. It's based on a Karin Slaughter book. Always welcome seeing Terry O'Quinn again too.

Also, this upcoming series from Mike Flanagan - The Midnight Club - sounds fantastic. Not familiar with the Christopher Pike series of books it is based upon, but what a premise!

It debuts Oct 7th.

From the Anthony Breznican Vanity Fair article:

"In 1994, Pike first published the book about a group of terminally ill teenagers in hospice care who gather every night to exchange frightening stories. They also make a shared promise: If/when any of them die, they will return in some way to prove there is life beyond the one being cut short."

You can read the full article - here.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I keep forgetting about the latest season of Westworld and I do need to tackle Locke & Key at some point.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • Only Murders in the Building.  Season two

absolute charm. I love this show. I watch a lot of involved stuff and this was such a fun vacation for me. 

I’ve said this on wash and repeat, but I never ever liked Martin Short’s humor.  Just ugh, never. 
    I am totally in love with Martin Short now. He was so perfect for this role. My favorite character. 

And they left it open for a season 3. Fingers crossed. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Yeah big fan of Murders. Martin Short is a hoot. We are watching the finale shortly.

Just watched the bonus episode(s) of Sandman. Enjoyable.

Continuing to work through Pieces of Her too.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Britbox — the thief, his wife and the canoe. 

Haven’t started yet but it has me intrigued. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Britbox — the thief, his wife and the canoe. 

Haven’t started yet but it has me intrigued. 
    the thief, his wife and the canoe. 
    .....sounds like the beginning of a joke..... :D
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Makes me think of The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy

absolute charm. I love this show. I watch a lot of involved stuff and this was such a fun vacation for me. 

I’ve said this on wash and repeat, but I never ever liked Martin Short’s humor.  Just ugh, never. 
    I am totally in love with Martin Short now. He was so perfect for this role. My favorite character. 

...just saw where Paul Rudd gas signed on for the next season....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Only Murders in the Building.  Season two

...just saw where Paul Rudd gas signed on for the next season....
    I can't wait!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ...."has" signed on....nothing to do with intestinal windstorms.... :D
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...."has" signed on....nothing to do with intestinal windstorms.... :D
    Hadn't noticed that until now. 😄Ahhhh... very good.😁
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...."has" signed on....nothing to do with intestinal windstorms.... :D
    Hadn't noticed that until now. 😄Ahhhh... very good.😁
    Thank You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy

One of the most distressing things about this season finale

she painted over that beautiful
    mural. My heart almost stopped. I am going to paint one just like it on my walls. 

GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaFlakeNoir
  • Yeah, great finale for S2 of Only Murders in the Building.  My heart sunk a bit too when Mabel painted over the mural!

Finished Pieces of Her. It was solid - couple of twists. Felt like it go another season.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    KLEO

Loved this.  The guy who played the bumbling Closeau, Miami Vice Crockett wannabe was hilarious. 

I had this one at almost every turn, but it was fun to see it play out. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • We went back to the beginning of Ozark and finished up the last episode tonight.

Excuse me for just a moment...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk!

Assholes. Complete assholes.

Kill Wendy Byrde. Kill Wendy Byrde, Kill her fucking dead.

Sorry, I'm channelling Ruth Langmore... who by the way...should not be bloody dead! Or Wyatt... or actually even Navaro, whom I also liked.😄

But no... you had to let those shitheel Byrdes win.

In fact all the bad guys won. Okay, almost everyone in this show was a bad guy to some degree.

I don't think I've ever hated another bad guy as much as I hate Wendy fucking Byrde.

Well done Jason Bateman and all of you other people that successfully pissed me off for entire episodes throughout this whole series. 

Well played!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • I started Kleo last night on SK's recommendation. I was in East Berlin in '86, just before the events of the first episode. Passing through Checkpoint Charlie and spending over a week behind the Iron Curtain was a memorable time.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I watched the first episode of House of the Dragon -- I'm definitely on board.
    Also the first two of She-Hulk. I like that it doesn't take itself at all seriously. Plus Tatian Maslany rocks.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I started Kleo last night on SK's recommendation. I was in East Berlin in '86, just before the events of the first episode. Passing through Checkpoint Charlie and spending over a week behind the Iron Curtain was a memorable time.
    When you watch it, could you please explain to me the night club kid’s 

Ending? Was he high and hallucinating? Was I hallucinating? Did i need to be? 
     Did he die? I’m not quite sure about him. And Kleo’s nonchalant reaction to his stealing a shit ton of money. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2022
    I watched the first episode of House of the Dragon -- I'm definitely on board.
    Also the first two of She-Hulk. I like that it doesn't take itself at all seriously. Plus Tatian Maslany rocks.
    My kid has She-Hulk lined up for us. We have to get through Jessica Jones (which has David Tennant, so that’s a whole bunch of win), Daredevil (we are currently working our way through both). 

Once done with them, he says we will watch Luke Cage (i think that’s the name and I have no  clue who this is) and then She-Hulk. 

When he told me she is a lawyer, i said, you’re shitting me, yes?  It reminded me of SNL’s Caveman Lawyer. 

Your.  World. Confuses. Me. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    We went back to the beginning of Ozark and finished up the last episode tonight.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    We went back to the beginning of Ozark and finished up the last episode tonight.

Can’t read your spoiler flakers. I haven’t seen Ozark but hope to eventually. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir