Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Thanks for the Manifest recommendation -- I've been blazing through it. I started Season 3 yesterday and look forward to S4 when Netflix launches it.
    Everything you need to know about the 20-episode final season of Manifest coming exclusively to Netflix.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The patient is coming to hulu . Not sure  if it was a movie or series, but it looked good. Find a trailer and give it a look.  Steve Carell (sp?)
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Brilliant Westworld episode tonight. Just brilliant. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I think I'm going to wait a bit on Westworld.

Just one episode left of The Old Man (Hulu)

Started The Bear (Hulu) this morning -- interesting.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Season 4 of Killing Eve now streaming on Hulu
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Finished final season of Killing Eve. I was with you in your assessment flakes. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Black Bird from Dennis Lehane on Apple TV+ -- featuring Ray Liotta in his final role

• Finished Redemption in Britbox. Some good strong storytelling with some weak storytelling too, a big of a bumpy ride for me but I enjoyed it. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirBevVincent
  • edited July 2022
    One episode to go of Resident Alien season two,
    on Peacock. 

I love this show. Witty, charming, funny, irreverent and suspense and mystery!— it’s great.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I got to hang out with Alan Tudyk at Northern Fancon a few years ago -- he's a really nice fellow.
  • I got to hang out with Alan Tudyk at Northern Fancon a few years ago -- he's a really nice fellow.
    He is so good in this show. 
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • CRIME (a BritBox original) comes from the creator of Trainspotting. It is very Scottish (accents so thick you could stand on them, lots of talk of UK unity or not) and has a tortured DI played by Dougray Scott. Only six episodes. I'm into #3 -- pretty good so far.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • I've been watching Stranger Things for a couple of weeks (I think) and last night finished chapter 7 of season 4. Ahhhh.... now I see. 
    Whew. 
    This is a great journey, I'm glad I went back to it.
    As a bonus my young teen and I are finding great joy in 'blasting' each other with minds (and raised hand) whenever we pass in the hall. 😁
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • CRIME (a BritBox original) comes from the creator of Trainspotting. It is very Scottish (accents so thick you could stand on them, lots of talk of UK unity or not) and has a tortured DI played by Dougray Scott. Only six episodes. I'm into #3 -- pretty good so far.
    Yes! The accents are so hard for me sometimes and the subtitles can be just as confusing like you said. 
    I’m looking at the subtitles scratching my head thinking , what the f**k does that say? Sometimes context clues help decipher, but many times, We’ve had a failure to communicate. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've been watching Stranger Things for a couple of weeks (I think) and last night finished chapter 7 of season 4. Ahhhh.... now I see. 
    Whew. 
    This is a great journey, I'm glad I went back to it.
    As a bonus my young teen and I are finding great joy in 'blasting' each other with minds (and raised hand) whenever we pass in the hall. 😁
    I may try to get back to this this weekend. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    Yes! The accents are so hard for me sometimes and the subtitles can be just as confusing like you said. 
    I’m looking at the subtitles scratching my head thinking , what the f**k does that say? Sometimes context clues help decipher, but many times, We’ve had a failure to communicate. 
    There's one character in particular whose Scottish jargon is so thick (and raunchy) that I can only guess what some of the words mean.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • The Tower on Britbox stars Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy on Game of Thrones) -- she's assigned to investigate a case of death in contact with the police. It opens with a veteran cop and a 15-year-old Libyan immigrant dead at the base of a multistory tower from which they've both fallen.

It's a quick watch, three episodes that I went through in a single sitting, with lots of twists, turns, mysteries and secrets. I'm a little conflicted about the resolution, but I enjoyed it for the most part.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The Tower on Britbox stars Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy on Game of Thrones) -- she's assigned to investigate a case of death in contact with the police. It opens with a veteran cop and a 15-year-old Libyan immigrant dead at the base of a multistory tower from which they've both fallen.

It's a quick watch, three episodes that I went through in a single sitting, with lots of twists, turns, mysteries and secrets. I'm a little conflicted about the resolution, but I enjoyed it for the most part.
    There’s got to be a season 2 with that ending. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNT
    Episode 4

John Simm!   

GNTLGNT
  • I know -- the credits spoiled the surprise, but it's always great to see him and he's really good in this one.
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • I know -- the credits spoiled the surprise, but it's always great to see him and he's really good in this one.
    Didn’t pay any attention to credits on this one. 
    The one aspect of this show and many shows that is slowly disappointing me no matter how well done or how creative it is
    The trope of the terribly flawed cop. In this day and age with so many bad cops, cops who twist stuff to justify their actions, my patience is thin on romanticizing them as the good guy.  Sure, it makes for some griping narratives and characters, but it seems so one dimensional. Over and over , writer to writer.   Writers are creators — this isn’t creating. This is lazy rehashing of each other’s shit.  Challenge yourselves to capture your audience with something…ANYTHING different about these cop characters. 

This is not saying I haven’t been greatly entertained by good storylines and terrific acting— i think I’ve just reached my moment of weariness with this trope. 
    GNTLGNT
  • And just because the cop stereotype plays out as raw and real more times than not, that doesn’t make it gritty and compelling. It’s getting boring and unimaginative. 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited July 2022
    Aahhh hell no! This is a suspend-disbelief-bridge-too-far with a cop drama.

There is no way in bloody hell 4 cops would allow Ray to be torn up by John in an interrogation room.  Investigation compromised by an unstable drug addict. John was brilliant in the scene— Ray was brilliant in the scene. But would nae happen, mate.  But, i guess for the sake of dramatic storytelling, his vulnerability gleaned information.  The thing that would have made this scene glorious? if after John started talking— after he was done admitting it all— if Ray would have looked up and smiled. 

GNTLGNT
  • Okay, that whole scene was amazing. 😂🤣😂
    GNTLGNT