Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Stranger Things!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Stranger Things!
    Starting just now? My kid has stayed up to watch. 🙂
    NotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited July 2022
    Just started REDEMPTION on Britbox -- stars Paula Malcomson from Deadwood / Sons of Anarchy /Lost -- interesting premise.
    The thing I’m just not buying

She was a lead cop, top stuff. She hadn’t had contact with daughter for 20 years, didn’t know where she was.  She’s a cop. Her daughter stayed in british territory. Didn’t change her name and she didn’t know where she was with the highest access to information possible ?
    Shenanigans.  She may have been estranged, but if she was any kind of mother with that access at her fingertips, she would have known everything about her. 
    And what’s  with the money and drugs if she didn’t do anything ?   Is it cara’s boyfriend?  Was it the daughter’s boyfriend? The unassuming son?  And why was bag in clothes hamper in the suicide’s room ?  The dead mom/daughter would’ve spotted that. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2022
    Westworld — good. 

Only Murders In The Building— watched second episode, ready for third tonight. 

Just a heads up — if you watch murders, there is a side show running alongside  each episode called One Killer Question — an after show on one question they ask.  It’s silly but in the spirit of silly fun, i’m watching. And thank goodness, they are short. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Westworld — good. 

Only Murders In The Building— watched second episode, ready for third tonight. 

Just a heads up — if you watch murders, there is a side show running alongside  each episode called One Killer Question — an after show on one question they ask.  It’s silly but in the spirit of silly fun, i’m watching. And thank goodness, they are short. 
    I was disappointed to see that we don't have a platform that's running Only Murders in the Building. (it's only on Disney+... is this right?)
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • It's on Hulu here
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Episode 3 of GRACE is available now.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • It's on Hulu here
    We don't have Hulu either, I'm sure it will turn up on something eventually. 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited July 2022
    New season of Capitani on Netflix coming Friday for any who watch.  

I remember season one being decent enough. I will watch season 2. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2022
    Two Summers — netflix, series set in france. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I've started the first season of Manifest. Started real good, lets see if it can keep it up (For lets face it thats often the problem with series to me, around the halfwaymark or after one season the starting premise has played out itself and they have to reinvent while going forward at the same time which often leads to a decline in quality). Here the premise is that flight takes off in 2013, it is a bumpy ride, and when it lands some hours has gone for the passengers but for all on the ground 5 years has passed. They find their beau has married your best friend, that your children has grown up and a lot of else. If that wasn't enough to cope with something happened to them in that flight, something that unites them, somekind of force they don't understand and of course the authorities also want to understand how a plane can land 5 year after it started and have difficulties believing that neither passengers nor crew know anything so they a bit suspicious.
  • Kurben said:
    I've started the first season of Manifest. Started real good, lets see if it can keep it up (For lets face it thats often the problem with series to me, around the halfwaymark or after one season the starting premise has played out itself and they have to reinvent while going forward at the same time which often leads to a decline in quality). Here the premise is that flight takes off in 2013, it is a bumpy ride, and when it lands some hours has gone for the passengers but for all on the ground 5 years has passed. They find their beau has married your best friend, that your children has grown up and a lot of else. If that wasn't enough to cope with something happened to them in that flight, something that unites them, somekind of force they don't understand and of course the authorities also want to understand how a plane can land 5 year after it started and have difficulties believing that neither passengers nor crew know anything so they a bit suspicious.
    I started this a while back and got sidetracked. May pick it up again. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I'm glad I stuck through S2 of Hacks. Jean Smart's character is so hard to like in the first couple of episodes that we almost bailed. It comes around. She comes around.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    I've started the first season of Manifest. Started real good, lets see if it can keep it up (For lets face it thats often the problem with series to me, around the halfwaymark or after one season the starting premise has played out itself and they have to reinvent while going forward at the same time which often leads to a decline in quality). Here the premise is that flight takes off in 2013, it is a bumpy ride, and when it lands some hours has gone for the passengers but for all on the ground 5 years has passed. They find their beau has married your best friend, that your children has grown up and a lot of else. If that wasn't enough to cope with something happened to them in that flight, something that unites them, somekind of force they don't understand and of course the authorities also want to understand how a plane can land 5 year after it started and have difficulties believing that neither passengers nor crew know anything so they a bit suspicious.
    An interesting premise. I watched the first couple -- looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    An interesting premise. I watched the first couple -- looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    I've watched 8 episodes now. Thats, i think, half of the first season and it still holds my interest.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    Well that ended on an interesting note. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    Well that ended on an interesting note. 
    Indeed it did.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Kurben said:
    I've watched 8 episodes now. Thats, i think, half of the first season and it still holds my interest.
    I'm at 7 -- I like it! At first I thought it was going to go the "God" route, but thankfully they didn't. I have to wonder how long they can string the mystery along, though. It did get renewed for a fourth season, at least, after being cancelled on NBC.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • edited July 2022
    Capitani, season deux— Netflix
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Capitani, season deux— Netflix
    First 6 minutes. Wth is he doing?
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I finished a series called Hard Cell today. I had mixed feelings about it. 
    Initially the main actress annoyed me, as she was just... everywhere. (if you know this show you'll understand)
    But it soon developed and I was drawn in by the storyline. 
    I guessed the final scene before it happened, though not quite how it came to be, one character mostly slipped by me.

Tonight I started back at the beginning of Stranger Things, I'm not even sure I did finish the whole first season now thinking back. 🤔 
    I'm most of the way through episode 2 and it's better than I remember. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I finished a series called Hard Cell today. I had mixed feelings about it. 
    Initially the main actress annoyed me, as she was just... everywhere. (if you know this show you'll understand)
    I guessed the final scene before it happened, though not quite how it came to be, one character mostly slipped by me.

Tonight I started back at the beginning of Stranger Things, I'm not even sure I did finish the whole first season now thinking back. 🤔 
    What provider is this?
    GNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I finished a series called Hard Cell today. I had mixed feelings about it. 

What provider is this?
    Which one, Stranger Things? Actually never-mind, they were both on Netflix I think. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Thanks for the Manifest recommendation -- I've been blazing through it. I started Season 3 yesterday and look forward to S4 when Netflix launches it.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Olivia Munn is hilarious -- this is the funniest bit I've seen in ages.