Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Kurben said:
    Binged the first season of The Bodyguard. A british series about a police officer put to shield the Home secretarys life. He gets involved in an intrigue unvoluntarily and realizes he cant trust people he is used to trust because there is someone leaking information. It was good. Just 6 episodes each about an hour long. Thinking about giving season 2 a shot....
    35 Days — Britbox

Welsh series that has 4 seasons. 

A whodunnit detective mystery. Very interesting  so far. 

Watch with subtitles. Let them speak their language to you.
    This is quite fun. You know who dies immediately. They then back up 35 days to show you how it got to murder. 

Each season completely new murder, new story. New actors.  What stays the same is every person murdered is an asshole. Everybody wants them dead.  

“Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

The first season, I sort of had the person early which was a miracle. I did and didn’t get it right. You’d have to watch to understand.

second season — had no idea. 

Onto season three. 
    Will put both of these on my list if we have them.

We finished the new season of Killing Eve a few nights ago.

Dammit, kill Eve. It’s in the title! Konstantin broke my heart, I knew he would he was my favourite character.  And of course Villanelle. 

They took the best and left the annoying, so often the way. 😄

Carolyn and Eve were far more evil than Konstantin and Villanelle. Theirs was choice, not upbringing. 

Sigh. 

GNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Binged the first season of The Bodyguard. A british series about a police officer put to shield the Home secretarys life. He gets involved in an intrigue unvoluntarily and realizes he cant trust people he is used to trust because there is someone leaking information. It was good. Just 6 episodes each about an hour long. Thinking about giving season 2 a shot....
    35 Days — Britbox

This is quite fun. You know who dies immediately. They then back up 35 days to show you how it got to murder. 

Each season completely new murder, new story. New actors.  What stays the same is every person murdered is an asshole. Everybody wants them dead.  

“Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

The first season, I sort of had the person early which was a miracle. I did and didn’t get it right. You’d have to watch to understand.

Onto season three. 

Dammit, kill Eve. It’s in the title! Konstantin broke my heart, I knew he would he was my favourite character.  And of course Villanelle. 

Carolyn and Eve were far more evil than Konstantin and Villanelle. Theirs was choice, not upbringing. 

Sigh. 

Can’t read your spoiler yet flakers. Hopefully we get the season soon
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    35 Days — Britbox

“Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Onto season three. 

Sigh. 

You don't have it yet? 😲
    GNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    35 Days — Britbox

“Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Onto season three. 

Sigh. 

You don't have it yet? 😲
    I’m waiting for the whole series to drop. I could’ve watched individual episodes weekly, but I didn’t want to do that . 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    35 Days — Britbox

“Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Onto season three. 

Sigh. 

You don't have it yet? 😲
    I’m waiting for the whole series to drop. I could’ve watched individual episodes weekly, but I didn’t want to do that . 
    Oh I thought it had all dropped there already, that's weird we got it first.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2022
    Hulu hasn’t gotten it yet. Just the weekly episodes. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • Hulu hasn’t gotten it yet. Just the weekly episodes. 
    Hurry up Hulu!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • Looks good!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • The earlier seasons are terrific. It's a neat look into Danish politics, which is very different from North American politics.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I've watched (or rewatched rather) some episodes of Fawlty Towers which, in my view, is the funniest TV-series ever made. Only 12 episodes ever made in two seasons but all are hilarious fall off the chair funny. John Cleese in the lead and he also wrote the show. made 45 years ago but still full of real belly laughs and not just smiles and the occasional giggle. So GOOD!!!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I've watched (or rewatched rather) some episodes of Fawlty Towers which, in my view, is the funniest TV-series ever made. Only 12 episodes ever made in two seasons but all are hilarious fall off the chair funny. John Cleese in the lead and he also wrote the show. made 45 years ago but still full of real belly laughs and not just smiles and the occasional giggle. So GOOD!!!
    Oh, yes... absolutely agree with you 100%.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • .....Cleese is a comedic genius....

John Cleese on the conundrum of stupidity
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited June 2022
    Dunning-Kruger alive and thriving at the  moment. 

Dumbasses. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Just finished Volume I of Stranger Things -- now we have to wait...

From the makers of DARK:

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2022
    I finished watching Bodyguard a few days ago, I thought it was really good, I hope there are more seasons. 

Have just started on Derek last night, I'm 4 episodes in. Oh my gosh, he is adorable and breaks my heart then mends it again only seconds later.
    This whole show is brilliantly done but boy.... I'm right back at my little Nana,  Poppa's and Grandma's nursing home. No... not quite, this is how I wish their home had been run, Hannah is beautiful, such a lovely soul.
    Oh boy, I can see I'm only going to be able to watch this a little bit at a time. I've already been down the ugly-girl-crying road. 😭
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited June 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    I finished watching Bodyguard a few days ago, I thought it was really good, I hope there are more seasons. 

Have just started on Derek last night, I'm 4 episodes in. Oh my gosh, he is adorable and breaks my heart then mends it again only seconds later.
    This whole show is brilliantly done but boy.... I'm right back at my little Nana,  Poppa's and Grandma's nursing home. No... not quite, this is how I wish their home had been run, Hannah is beautiful, such a lovely soul.
    Oh boy, I can see I'm only going to be able to watch this a little bit at a time. I've already been down the ugly-girl-crying road. 😭
    Derek is good. Ricky cries, i cry.  He says he can cry very easily so they don’t fake that.  When you see him choked up in a scene, that is genuine. 

I have problems with one character. I don’t see the need for him or what he brings to the storyline.   He has a couple genuine moments that are poignant and humanize him — but not sure how he is allowed to be around the old people and Derek.  

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • edited June 2022
    FlakeNoir said:

Derek is good. Ricky cries, i cry.  He says he can cry very easily so they don’t fake that.  When you see him choked up in a scene, that is genuine. 

I have problems with one character. I don’t see the need for him or what he brings to the storyline.   He has a couple genuine moments that are poignant and humanize him — but not sure how he is allowed to be around the old people and Derek.  

Kevin?

He disgusted and irritated me a lot at first, but his character has developed a bit. 🤏 He is still disgusting and irritating but I understand him better now.
    Also now that Dougie has gone (S2) and the new guy is here... I've found someone that actually makes Kevin not be my least favourite character. Right... this shows you how much I can't stand the new maintenance guy. Complete wanker, no redeeming factor at all as yet.
    GNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

The episode with Derek's dad, when he first showed up. Oh my heart broke into a million tiny pieces. I had to stop watching for the rest of the day and night. I thought Afterlife was emotional... and it really is, but this is harder at times I think. 😭
    GNTLGNT
  • While I enjoy Gervais' series, I find them to be 80% good and 20% so cringeworthy that it's an effort to get through them.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Kevin?

He disgusted and irritated me a lot at first, but his character has developed a bit. 🤏 He is still disgusting and irritating but I understand him better now.
    Also now that Dougie has gone (S2) and the new guy is here... I've found someone that actually makes Kevin not be my least favourite character. Right... this shows you how much I can't stand the new maintenance guy. Complete wanker, no redeeming factor at all as yet.
    I hate him. Just loathe him. And i hate Brian in Afterlife.   I’m just at a loss why either of these characters exist.  Every scene either character is in takes the quality of the show to the gutter.  I also absolutely despise the psychiatrist guy, ratty and the nonce.  Worthless and ruin the flow of the storyline. 

Kudos to the actor who plays both parts, kevin and Brian.  He does a great job being disgusting. I’ll give him that. I just don’t understand those choices. 

I also did not like the new maintenance man Flakes. But, he’s a generally horrible guy. His character is a different element than what these others I mention bring to the overall series. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I am struggling with Russian Doll. I’m only 2 episodes in so hoping I’m just reading it wrong. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I am struggling with Russian Doll. I’m only 2 episodes in so hoping I’m just reading it wrong. 
    In what way? I liked the second season, it's quite different to the first though.
    GNTLGNT
  • edited June 2022
    While I enjoy Gervais' series, I find them to be 80% good and 20% so cringeworthy that it's an effort to get through them.
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Kevin?

I hate him. Just loathe him. And i hate Brian in Afterlife.   I’m just at a loss why either of these characters exist.  Every scene either character is in takes the quality of the show to the gutter.  I also absolutely despise the psychiatrist guy, ratty and the nonce.  Worthless and ruin the flow of the storyline. 

Kudos to the actor who plays both parts, kevin and Brian.  He does a great job being disgusting. I’ll give him that. I just don’t understand those choices. 

I also did not like the new maintenance man Flakes. But, he’s a generally horrible guy. His character is a different element than what these others I mention bring to the overall series. 
    I understand what you're both saying and agree with a large portion of it.
    His character in Afterlife had zero positive aspects and made me cringe while constantly taking me out of the story. 
    His character in Derek makes me severely uncomfortable, annoys me, has me rolling my eyes and then very occasionally feeling sorry for him and appreciating his kindness in gesture and thought to and for others. He has some depth... it's shallow, but if you look, it's there. Derek adores him and is probably what gives Kevin his only humanity. 
    I believe that British and American humour are different, (not only in spelling) does this mean I find him funny? Hell no, I don't think I've laughed at him once. But I see different boundary pushes in British-made comedy. 

Re: the caretaker, I believe he's even more damaging being around the elderly and Derek. He is a bad person, a bully who deliberately tries to hurt people while consciously knowing he is doing so. He does not care for others at all and so far looks like he is not capable of change. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Oh holy crap. 20:35 left of the last episode of Barry. 

Tapping out for a bit — this is so tense and i am strung tight as a tiger. 

Breathe. 

Can anyone tell me everything will be okay with no deets.  Everything ends up good, yes? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben