Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Finished Season 1 of From - quite enjoyed it. The characters grew on us as the season progressed though the one hyper character really grated.

Watched the first episode of the new Bosch series - Bosch: Legacy. Titus Welliver is good as ever and his daughter is now a cop. Should make for fun dynamics. Mimi Rodgers is also back - her character sets up what appears to be a season long arc. The show feels reinvigorated - they should have titled it, Bosch: Unleashed. ;)

Finished Picard Season 2. Horrible, just plain horrible. And the trumpeting of the return of Q turned out to be a shell game misdirect as his presence and import was minimal. Apparently, the cast of TNG is being gathered for Season 3.  The Search for Data, maybe?

Last up, and on a welcome positive note considering the sad state of the other Trek series, is Star Trek - Strange New Worlds. This marks not only the return of Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike but a return to episodic story telling. The first episode left me feeling very positive about the show's chances - it has already been renewed for a second season. The entire cast is likeable, the mood is upbeat, and the show looks gorgeous. Anson Mount oozes charm as Pike - the show is fortunate to have him.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • We loved Picard -- we found it quite uplifting. Also enjoyed episode 1 of Strange New World.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Grace and frankie — i just loved this series. This season was the last and there is an amazing fun, funny, sweet surprise in the final episode. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited May 2022
    We loved Picard -- we found it quite uplifting. Also enjoyed episode 1 of Strange New World.
    Different strokes for different folks. :)  I did like the scene with Wesley.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • The final two episodes of the current season of CALL THE MIDWIFE were quite thrilling!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Picked up the box set of Mork & Mindy, have not seen it since it was first aired, I  finished season one, started season two.  I'm enjoying it but it really does screech to a halt when Williams is offscreen.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • ...most any appearance he made was the way bro.....he was magnetizing....you just couldn't escape the pull of his overboard persona.....what a great one was lost to the demons....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • Oh my goddddddd! I am so excited. I do hope for better this season. 
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaGNTLGNT
  • Oh sweet! Had no idea a fourth season had been greenlit!  What a nice surprise.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerBevVincentGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I'm really enjoying The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix -- based on the Michael Connelly novels and characters.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • A second season of Grace starring John Simm is coming soon to Britbox.

i love John Simm
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • A second season of Grace starring John Simm is coming soon to Britbox.

i love John Simm
    That's great news -- thanks!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited May 2022
    I am still working through Dark Shadows. On one hand, a total waste of my time. On the other, mindless entertainment. 
    That is hilarious. 
    The acting sucks, the storylines are crazy so I give them credit for trying to be creative back in the day. Props and settings are school-play level. This damn show is so bad, I can’t walk away now. The mistakes and failures captured on film because it was too expensive to cut and redo and plentiful.

We have vampires, ghosts, dorian gray inspired plots, witches, frankenstein monster. I think The Devil just decided to pop in. He just showed up. Still no werewolf yet.  

Sounds like a batshit crazy colleague meeting for Margarine three names.  I hope hope someone shows up shooting lasers out of their eyes. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNotaro
  • I remember running home from school to watch Dark Shadows.   Even thou I was just little, I knew it was cheesy!  But I loved it.  Angelina? A ghost?  kinda remember
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNotaroNeesy
  • edited May 2022
    I remember running home from school to watch Dark Shadows.   Even thou I was just little, I knew it was cheesy!  But I loved it.  Angelina? A ghost?  kinda remember
    Oh, Angelique has been everything. Ghost, Witch. She was the Portrait of Dorian gray. Only as the painting was aged by an artist, she did too. 

In future thumbnail photos, I see she becomes a vampire.  Maybe Cthulhu and/or Gary Busey. 
    not_nadineKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNotaro
  • edited May 2022
    My wife and I watched the first three episodes of 1883 last night -- it's a wonder large parts of this country were ever populated.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbencatNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited May 2022
    GNTLGNT said:
    If you remember Barnabas - Dark Shadows A Gothic Classic  Facebook
    I always looked at his face. He had little jowels by the side of his mouth.  I used to think he kept his vampire teeth in there.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited May 2022
    My wife and I watched the first three episodes of 1883 last night -- it's a wonder large pars of this country were ever populated.
    While I was giving birth, I told the nurse between spasms of pain and moments I was pretty sure my liver was saying a howdy ho,
    “Give me drugs. I am not a little House on the Prairie  woman.”  

KurbenGNTLGNTcatNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited May 2022
    oof -   never given birth, but I was there for my sister twice.  My sister is a little bit different.

Mid wife, hot tub, she is a certified hypnotist  and prepared herself.
    me there too.  She gave birth like a cat. No drugs. nothing.

I was freaked the fk out the whole time. 

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTcatNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited May 2022
    oof -   never given birth, but I was there for my sister twice.  My sister is a little bit different.

Mid wife, hot tub, she is a certified hypnotist  and prepared herself.
    me there too.  She gave birth like a cat. No drugs. nothing.

I was freaked the fk out the whole time. 

Once I had the drugs, I was a cat. Probably a Cheshire cat, grinning like a fool and chatting with hookah-smoking caterpillars bringing me ice chips. 

You know that scene in westerns where the covered wagon filled with younguns and ma is sitting up front with a babe suckling her teat,  and pa is driving the team screaming,
     “don’t  make me pull this wagon over!”  
    Both of them cookin’ in the blazing sun, smelling like dirty crotch and praising Jesus?  
    Yeah, every western has them rocking and wobbling by a bone pile with a cow skull staring at them with magnificent horns. 

Picture a Dana skeleton laying right next to it because I wouldn’t have made it. 

KurbenGNTLGNTcatNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ....sweet Baby Christ....."dirty crotch and praising Jesus".....only thing missing is a Great Dane chasing the chuckwagon......
    Hedda GablercatNotaroFlakeNoir