Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Did you know dark Shadows had a Frankenstein character?  I did not know this. I haven’t gotten to his introduction yet, but I see him in upcoming thumbnails. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2022
    Watched Russian Doll, enjoyed it, a twisted take on Groundhog Day....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:

Season 2 just around the corner.  I enjoyed it to and hope the next season holds up to the quirky creativity of the first.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:

Season 2 just around the corner.  I enjoyed it to and hope the next season holds up to the quirky creativity of the first.
    Ooh there's a S2 coming soon? I'm several episodes in and it's really good. 

I'm saving part II of the last episode of Mr. Robot until the weekend, the last few episodes just absolutely cut and tore me to pieces, I had to breathe for a while. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Notaro said:

I'm watching episode 1 of S2 right now, has it not dropped there yet?
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • I'm up to the beginning of episode 4. It's good, quite different to S1.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited April 2022
    Finished The Outlaws - a swift, six episode season. Quite endearing, a lot of laughs, some great tension, and the last episode pulled on more than a few heartstrings. Have to admit I got a little verklepmt during the final episode climax.

Christopher Walken is on a roll appearing in this and Severance.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Lucy Boynton is utterly charming in Why Didn't They Ask Evans? I could see her and Will Poulter doing the Tommy & Tuppence books. They have great chemistry.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Lucy Boynton is utterly charming in Why Didn't They Ask Evans? I could see her and Will Poulter doing the Tommy & Tuppence books. They have great chemistry.
    Not familiar with T &T but she is charming. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Tommy & Tuppence are characters from five Agatha Christie novels. They're childhood friends who fall in love after the war and become detectives. By the final book featuring them (published three years before Christie died), they're in their 70s.
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
    Not familiar with T &T but she is charming. 
    She played Freddie Mercury's girlfriend in Bohemian Rhapsody.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Based on the wiki synopsis, Laurie's adaptation is very faithful to Christie's novel. I read the book decades ago but didn't remember who Evans was and why that person needed to be asked something!
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Season 3, this Sunday!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Season 3, this Sunday!

With the kingcast guys last episode.  Talked some about Barry. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma
  • It's a hilarious show.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • It's a hilarious show.
    In my queue.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2022
    Pennyworth HBO max
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • i have many shows going. 

Bosch just dropped on IDMb which I’ve always wanted to catch, so trying that. 

Catching up on Barry for premiere Season 3 Sunday. After Barry, a new series drops  The BAby — going to jump in that. 

I have The Flight Attendant and going to start Russian Doll. 

And still Dark Shadowing my way through life. 

I know there are others. I can’t remember. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ...."Hi, I'm Hedda and I have a video fixation"..........."Hi Hedda!!"....... :D
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Holy cow -- that final episode of S1 of SEVERANCE has me shaking. Hitchcock would have loved it. That's how you do suspense.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Holy cow -- that final episode of S1 of SEVERANCE has me shaking. Hitchcock would have loved it. That's how you do suspense.
    I wish I could watch it. It looks fascinating. 

There is always the free trial I guess. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2022
    The HBO show, Barry, is marketed as hilarious. It is so much more than that.  Barry is vulnerable and broken. He’s a psychopath trying so hard not to be one. 

He wasn’t born a psycho, but the military made him a good one. 

He has to use emotional mimicry to fit in, which ironically is mirrored in his acting class exercises with a partner.  He works hard but is awkward at best. It is a struggle between what he seeks and what he’s forced to turn on with a flip of a switch.  

Sort of worried about season 3. 

My favorite character is Noho Hank. Now he is hilarious. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Wow. Season 2, episode 4.  She’s headed to hotel. I am so frickin’ anxious over this episodes!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2022
    The HBO show, Barry, is marketed as hilarious. It is so much more than that.  Barry is vulnerable and broken. He’s a psychopath trying so hard not to be one. 

He wasn’t born a psycho, but the military made him a good one. 

He has to use emotional mimicry to fit in, which ironically is mirrored in his acting class exercises with a partner.  He works hard but is awkward at best. It is a struggle between what he seeks and what he’s forced to turn on with a flip of a switch.  

Sort of worried about season 3. 

My favorite character is Noho Hank. Now he is hilarious. 

He’s Dexter. Packaged a little differently but he’s Dexter. Believes he’s only taking out bad people. 

And his definition of bad person starts becoming very fluid. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben