Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....Mister Robot, did Styx do the theme song? :D .......
    No. Sty did. 
    ..."Eye" see what you did there....
    I never know if anyone picks up the subliminal messaging. 🤣😂🤣
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....I are a pick up artiste....
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirNeesyHedda Gabler
  • edited March 2022
    I’m on season 3 of Dark Shadows. Episode 20. 

My eyes have just seen a horror beyond horror — one of the characters is hand cleaning a crystal chandelier. HAND CLEANING a crystal chandelier. Did you hear me, man?! Oh my god! May the power of christ compel it!

It has a bazillion individual hanging crystals. It’s beautiful and sparkly. But, for the sake of continuity and realism, he better still be cleaning this chandelier well into season 4 — 20 episodes away. 

I totally accept the vampire shit. But, if he isn’t still cleaning this thing well into the future — fake! Fake!

and just for you future film makers — you can do it! Dark Shadows was obviously filmed by the Soupy Sales Junior High AV club kids. 

FlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTNotaroKurbencat
  • ....gawd I just love Deej's reviews.....
    NeesyFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbencatNotaro
  • We watched the first two episodes of Servant of the People on Netflix. It's about a high-school history teacher who goes viral for an expletive-laced tirade about government corruption. He is inexplicably elected President of Ukraine. The show’s creator & lead actor: Volodymyr Zelenskyy, who in the real world was elected President of Ukraine after the show ended. Truth can be stranger than Fiction.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • I had read this... incredible.  And look at the reality now.🥺😭
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • This looks good.....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • David Simon has been talking about this for a while on Twitter -- very much looking forward to it.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I have watched 120 episodes of Dark Shadows. 

Getting ready to start”season” 4 — another 40 episodes. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched season one of La Revolution

Set against the backdrop leading up to the French revolution this is a hybrid of drama and a twist on the zombie genre,  I thought it was quite good, it's not typical shambling rotting zombie fare. Alas it was cancelled after one season but it's definitely worth a look.

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Watched season one of La Revolution

Set against the backdrop leading up to the French revolution this is a hybrid of drama and a twist on the zombie genre,  I thought it was quite good, it's not typical shambling rotting zombie fare. Alas it was cancelled after one season but it's definitely worth a look.

...."Let them eat flesh!.....errr, cake....yes, cake!!!!".....
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Watched season one of La Revolution

...."Let them eat flesh!.....errr, cake....yes, cake!!!!".....
    😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣💀
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I'm most of the way through S1 of Mr. Robot and am enjoying it a lot. I just want to hug him, even though he'd probably flinch and close his eyes.
    He reminds me of my first childhood boyfriend to look at, and also some of his behaviours, I want to protect him from the life that I know comes next, which is just awful and tragic for him and those around him. 

Anyway, definitely in it to see where we go next.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma
  • edited March 2022
    Also partway through the new season of Dexter.

I hate what they've done to Deb. She was my favourite character throughout the previous seasons and this has been brutal. 

I'm at the spot where Dex is showing Harrison who he is. 

So many ups and downs in this season... and sadly some are plot-related. I feel like there's been some very lazy writing in this season.  Things that old Dexter would never have done.. or, not done. I don't believe the fact that he's ten years removed from his old life is sufficient explanation for basic forensic flaws. No way would he forget this stuff.

Still keen to see where we go.

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

I hate what they've done to Deb. She was my favourite character throughout the previous seasons and this has been brutal. 

So many ups and downs in this season... and sadly some are plot-related. I feel like there's been some very lazy writing in this season.  Things that old Dexter would never have done.. or, not done. I don't believe the fact that he's ten years removed from his old life is sufficient explanation for basic forensic flaws. No way would he forget this stuff.

Agree with your yhoughts although I am glad to see 

Deb in the series. 

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

Agree with your yhoughts although I am glad to see 

Deb in the series. 

Absolutely... I was delighted when I saw her.
    So it turns out we weren't part way in but all bar one... finished! 😳

Oh man... so many thinks!

Sigh. It had to be this way, yes... and no. But... they ruined it for me by taking away the multiple seasons of humanity within Dexter, he was so much more than this last season empty shell.  I didn't even particularly like him in New Blood, and I used to love him.

Did they make it easier to accept life without him? Yes. But I wanted to have my heart torn out, I wanted to feel broken, just the way they made me feel when they killed Deb... big, fat, hot teardrops running down both cheeks. The old Dexter deserved these same tears, he didn't get them.

Also.... way to fuck the kid up permanently. Have him put down his dad. 

Are they making way for new seasons where Harrison becomes his father after all? No thanks. As in The Highlander... there can be only one.

• I wouldn't mind a series featuring the town's sheriff. She's sharp.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I wouldn't mind a series featuring the town's sheriff. She's sharp.
    She is, but the more the season wore on, the more I thought she'd probably watched a lot of Deb in her formative (acting) years. 😁
  • There was definitely a resemblance between the two actors.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited March 2022
    Finished Maisel S4 - a real return to form. So many great scenes for every cast members. The Matchmaker Mafia stuff was hilarious. The final episode around Lenny Bruce's appearance at Carnegie Hall was powerful and the Go Forward message to Midge was brilliant. 

Looking forward to the fifth and final season with mixed emotions. Wonder if the timeline will include Bruce's death? His Carnegie Hall appearance was in Feb, 1961 and he died in 1966 - so I am doubtful the show would make such a big time jump in it's last season. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Season 2 of Only Murders in the Building June 28th!!!
    GNTLGNTBevVincentFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I swear to all things holy and unholy…. Barnabus Collins is an embarrassment to the Vampire Guild worldwide.  

Anybody comes up against this maroon (thank you Bugs) should easily get away.

Stay low and Zig zag.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaroSundrop
  • 160 episodes of Dark Shadows down. 

Starting “season” 5.  Forty more episodes. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNotaro