Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited February 2022
    Breaking Bad is one of my all time favorite shows. Bryan Cranston’s skill in developing his character — smooth arc of transformation was truly a wondrous thing to watch.  Subtle, slow changes to Walter that were believable every step of the way.  

We watched evolution.
    GNTLGNTNeesycatMarshaNotaroSundrop
  • @BevVincent

What were your final thoughts on Around the World in Eighty Days? (I’m assuming it’s over by now?)
    GNTLGNTNeesycatMarshaNotaro
  • We've only seen the first three or four episodes so far, but we are enjoying it. David Tennant is, of course, terrific.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycatMarshaNotaro
  • edited February 2022
    I came to the end of my 3 free of FROM. I so want to continue on, we’ve barely scratched the surface here, which is the point of the 3 free. Enough to hook you— but i am not signing up for the free trial of Epix.  maybe once the SEASON airs, then i could watch  both it and Chapelwaite. 

The acting is rough every now and then, but the actor having a bad day manages to shake the moment off and not derail the whole show. 
    GNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • The fourth episode gives an inkling about why it's called FROM.
    GNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • The fourth episode gives an inkling about why it's called FROM.
    Of course it does, bastids!  It’s gonna start getting really good now. 

Patience is not one of my strong suits 
    NeesyGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • This was a really good season of Survivor. Great players with fascinating stories and a lot of cultural relevance. I especially liked it that the winner was
    ...Canadian! First time ever. "That's a lot of money in Canada," she said.

1,000.00 US Dollars =

1,284.4312 Canadian Dollars so it looks like she won one million and 284 thousand, four hundred thirty one (but don't quote me as I suck at math)

She was also only the 15th woman to win Survivor - I looked her up and it appears she is an immigrant from the Philippines to Canada so good for her! I liked her purple hair

Hedda GablerBevVincentGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • @BevVincent

What were your final thoughts on Around the World in Eighty Days? (I’m assuming it’s over by now?)

We watched this on PBS - still have one more episode to go - Andy found it slow moving for some reason but I liked it - Phineas Fogg seems more of an "anti-hero" if that is the right word to use. He doesn't look very much like I would expect, compared to the impression one gets from the book, but he grows on you.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • 1883 is absolutely excellent. I think I might like it better than Yellowstone. Tim McGraw has impressed me with his acting. Faith Hill is not as natural but she isn't bad. But the show belongs to Isabel May. She is mesmerizing. 

Have only watched a couple episodes of Resident Alien's 2nd season so far. The first episode, I was kind of thinking uhoh, it has lost some of its magic but the 2nd episode was much better again. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyMarshaNotaro
  • cat said:
    1883 is absolutely excellent. I think I might like it better than Yellowstone. Tim McGraw has impressed me with his acting. Faith Hill is not as natural but she isn't bad. But the show belongs to Isabel May. She is mesmerizing. 

Have only watched a couple episodes of Resident Alien's 2nd season so far. The first episode, I was kind of thinking uhoh, it has lost some of its magic but the 2nd episode was much better again. 
    I'm recording to binge watch.  I hope RA stays the course,  it had such a fun first season.

catKurbenGNTLGNTNeesyMarshaNotaro
  • Does anyone have AppleTV?  If so, have you been watching the series SERVANT by M. Night Shambles?

Apple also has CODA and Lisey's story, two others I would like to watch.  So many channels competing for our viewing bucks.
    catKurbenGNTLGNTNeesyMarsha
  • CODA is fantastic. 
    GNTLGNTNeesyMarshaNotaro
  • Dark Shadows, the old series. 

I would rush home from school to watch this.  I’m starting from the beginning. What a blast from past!
    catGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • Another positive vote for CODA.

Finished Reacher S1 - old school hero plus villains reciting their entire plan in the final episode. Standard stuff but enjoyed the character interplay.

Finished Archive 81 - based on a podcast. This is a mix of Rosemary's Baby and Session 9. Creepy, unsettling, and leaves you unsettled. Loved it!

Watching Marvelous Mrs. Maizel S4 - show has Midge returning to NYC and is the better for it. The focus is sharper and the jokes fly fast and furious. So far there have been two outstanding sequences - one a Coney Island ferris wheel and another at a synagogue. Plus Tony Shaloub in a cape!  Oh my.

Still working through Arcane S1, Yellowstone - up to S3, and Yellowjackets S1 - two episodes to go.

GNTLGNTMarshaHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Watch The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch Full Episodes Video amp More  HISTORY  Channel...blew through the first two seasons and have to wait till May for new material....dammit!....this has been completely fascinating and utterly absorbing....a hard science look into the unexplained....
    MarshaHedda GablercatNotaroSundropNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Watch The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch Full Episodes Video amp More  HISTORY  Channel...blew through the first two seasons and have to wait till May for new material....dammit!....this has been completely fascinating and utterly absorbing....a hard science look into the unexplained....
    Where are you watching this?
    catNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Watch The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch Full Episodes Video amp More  HISTORY  Channel...blew through the first two seasons and have to wait till May for new material....dammit!....this has been completely fascinating and utterly absorbing....a hard science look into the unexplained....
    It's on hulu. I have it marked as something I want to watch but hadn't gotten to it yet. Good to hear someone say it was good. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Does anyone have AppleTV?  If so, have you been watching the series SERVANT by M. Night Shambles?

Apple also has CODA and Lisey's story, two others I would like to watch.  So many channels competing for our viewing bucks.
    Saw season one a while ago, definitely weird but hugely enjoyed it. Great cast, good performances. 
    MarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Archive 81 on Netflix -- it's weird as weird can be but strangely compelling.
    I watched this a few weeks ago.  I kept feeling like I should just let it go, but I was drawn into it.  Aside from a few really minor things, I liked it.  They set it up nicely for the possibility of a second season as well.
    MarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Today's dilemma--sign up for AMC on Amazon Prime so I can watch Season 4 of Killing Eve or wait until it eventually comes out in the free version?

Well, crap! Apparently, I forgot to hit Post Comment yesterday. And I still haven't decided what to do about forking out the extra $8.99/month.
    SundropGNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I found it through Discovery+ and it's produced by The History Channel.....
    SundropNotaroHedda GablerMarshacatNeesy
  • edited February 2022
    Over the past 2 weeks, I've watched 

Ozark.....I love this show and am looking forward to part two of the final season.

The Chestnut Man.....After restarting it like 2 times in one day, (Mom kept calling me, there was nothing wrong with the show), I really enjoyed it.  I had pegged a different person as the killer. I also wanted to know what happened with everyone after the case was solved.

Feria.....I'm not sure how to feel about this one. It was weird as feck, but had a good creepiness factor.  I was on post surgery pain meds while watching, so might not have the best memory of the show.

I also watched a lot of reruns of Food Network's Tournament Of Champions.  What can I say? I love Guy Fieri.......
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshacatNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Today's dilemma--sign up for AMC on Amazon Prime so I can watch Season 4 of Killing Eve or wait until it eventually comes out in the free version?

Well, crap! Apparently, I forgot to hit Post Comment yesterday. And I still haven't decided what to do about forking out the extra $8.99/month.
    Do you have access to BBC America? That's the channel I'm recording it on. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyMarsha
  • Just watched the 1883 season 1 finale and i 
    Cried the whole damn time! I can't remember the last time I cried thru a show like that. Oh my gosh. You guys HAVE to watch it. Buckets of tears. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyMarsha
  • cat said:
    Just watched the 1883 season 1 finale and i 
    Cried the whole damn time! I can't remember the last time I cried thru a show like that. Oh my gosh. You guys HAVE to watch it. Buckets of tears. 
    How is faith’s acting?
    GNTLGNTNeesycatMarsha