Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• There's a 2-1/2 minute recap that helps a lot.
    Yeah, I watched it and still had trouble. 😄
    Hedda GablerBevVincentGNTLGNTKurbenMarshaSundropNeesy
  • I had a little trouble remembering what was happening. 

.....my excuse every time there's an incident at work.... :D 
    KurbencatHedda GablerMarshaSundropNeesy
  • I've started watching CSI: Vegas. Sara Sidle was always my fave character on CSI so its nice to meet her again. The new characters are kind of unwritten yet but a certain amount of forming them is slowly taking place. The cases are similar to the old CSI but with an overriding case that always looms over the first season and is the reason Gil and Sara returned to Vegas. Not as good as CSI was at its best but good enough to watch.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarshaNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I've started watching CSI: Vegas. Sara Sidle was always my fave character on CSI so its nice to meet her again. The new characters are kind of unwritten yet but a certain amount of forming them is slowly taking place. The cases are similar to the old CSI but with an overriding case that always looms over the first season and is the reason Gil and Sara returned to Vegas. Not as good as CSI was at its best but good enough to watch.
    I liked it -- it's good to see Gil get schooled on new tech, and the relationship between Sara and him is nice.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarshaNeesy
  • Watched Marianne.

A horror writer is accosted by a childhood friend at a book signing, she goes back to the town she grew up in and strange things begin to happen.

This French series isn't too bad at all, has a nice creepy vibe going on, I think it's worth a look.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarshaSundropNeesy
  • edited January 2022
    Notaro said:
    Watched Marianne.

A horror writer is accosted by a childhood friend at a book signing, she goes back to the town she grew up in and strange things begin to happen.

This French series isn't too bad at all, has a nice creepy vibe going on, I think it's worth a look.

I really liked this series.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarshaSundropNeesy
  • I liked it, too -- very effective.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarshaSundropNeesy
  • Finished my binge watching of the first season of CSI: Vegas. I liked it and i really liked seeing Gil and Sara again. Hear they are not part of the second season which makes me sad. 
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTcatMarshaSundropNeesy
  • I really wanted to like The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window but I just couldn't. I wanted it to be funnier but it takes itself too seriously for parody.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotarocatFlakeNoirMarshaSundrop
  • Okay BevVincent said:
    I really wanted to like The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window but I just couldn't. I wanted it to be funnier but it takes itself too seriously for parody.
    Welppppp…i had this one lined up but i’ll put it at the end of the list for maybe someday. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocatMarsha
  • We finally got back into the second season of The Morning Show. Only two episodes left. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablercatMarsha
  • edited February 2022
    How the hell have I never heard of this?😳🤔

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablercatMarshaNeesy
  • Forensics NZ — Roku
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Watched the first episode of the Danish crime series THE CHESTNUT MAN. I'm hooked. Those chestnut figures are creeeeeepy. It's based on a novel by Søren Sveistrup, who was the screenwriter and creator of Forbrydelsen (THE KILLING).
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshaSundrop
  • Watched the first episode of the Danish crime series THE CHESTNUT MAN. I'm hooked. Those chestnut figures are creeeeeepy. It's based on a novel by Søren Sveistrup, who was the screenwriter and creator of Forbrydelsen (THE KILLING).
    I enjoyed this one. I don’t what it is or why, i would much rather watch a foreign series than most American things. They are just more interesting to me. 

Having said that, I am currently watching Peacemaker and enjoying it. It’s crude but fun. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshaSundrop
  • I was trying to figure out why the detective in THE CHESTNUT MAN looked familiar -- she was in the TV series based on THE MIST.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaSundrop
  • re THE CHESTNUT MAN
    There was a nurse at the hospital when they went to interview the doctor who treated the children...they blew her off, but I heard her say that nurses knew more about the children than the doctors did. That felt like a missed opportunity...or maybe more.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • re THE CHESTNUT MAN
    There was a nurse at the hospital when they went to interview the doctor who treated the children...they blew her off, but I heard her say that nurses knew more about the children than the doctors did. That felt like a missed opportunity...or maybe more.

Did it? 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • My Spidey senses were correct!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Been watching the Day Of The Dead TV show, and it's surprisingly not awful,  I really didn't expect much so what's on offer is quite watchable, the performances are ok'ish but the zombie makeups are pretty good, I'm 5 episodes in and I haven't lost interest.....there's a fair amount of humour chucked in, I guess to try and make it different to the other zombie shows, but I'll stick with it....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • The Chestnut Man: That was really quite good.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTSundrop
  • I really wanted to like The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window but I just couldn't. I wanted it to be funnier but it takes itself too seriously for parody.

Watched this only because my writers group were talking about how they didn't know what to make of it, mostly because they didn't think the writers themselves had known what they were trying to do with it. Not sure I'd watch a second season.

What was up with the epitaph changing every time on the daughter's gravestone?

GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundrop
  • I only made it into the first part of the second episode.
    MarshaGNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Back to Yellowjackets. Christina Ricci is terrific.
    FlakeNoir
  • Back to Yellowjackets. Christina Ricci is terrific.
    She is. And it was nice to see Juliette Lewis again. The powers that be like to put her in the same character mold, but she plays it so well. I don’t blame them. 

What has also impressed me is the teen scenes. These actors have been so good and i believe them.  Not a lot of teen ensembles have risen to such good performances individually and for the greater good.  (The greater good.)

FlakeNoirNotaro