Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited January 2022
    Netflix
    Started if and thank God the guy got his hair cut for episode 2. 😂
    MarshaGNTLGNTKurben
  • Watched 3 ricky gervais episodes of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. 

Did you know he was a singer in a band in his young days? 
    MarshaGNTLGNTKurben
  • Resident Alien is back for season 2 on Jan 26. 😁 

We enjoyed the latest season of Yellowstone and are enjoying the prequel spinoff, 1883 very much as well. 

MarshaGNTLGNTKurbenLou_Sytsma
  • cat said:
    Resident Alien is back for season 2 on Jan 26. 😁 

We enjoyed the latest season of Yellowstone and are enjoying the prequel spinoff, 1883 very much as well. 

This is great fun news! I love Resident Alien. 
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Started rewatching Armchair Thriller, haven't seen it since it was originally broadcast back in '78 - '80, four episodes in and I' m enjoying it, brings back lots of memories. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armchair_Thriller

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • We watched a cute Swedish series called ANXIOUS PEOPLE last night. It's six 30-minute episodes, so just like watching a long movie. It's about a hostage-taking incident where the suspect vanishes mysteriously and the people taken hostage are reluctant to provide any details afterward. Based on the novel by the author of A Man Called Ove.
    Second episode in, we know who the bank robber is — but why would the hostages be so secretive? They definitely aren’t forthcoming with information about the robber. We are slowly unfolding  personal secrets, but withhold what they know about their hostage taker? Why protect?
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • You might think you know -- but do you really? There are many surprises to come.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • You might think you know -- but do you really? There are many surprises to come.
    they got me. 

That was a super, charming story. Time well spent.  Thanks for pointing it out. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTMarsha
  • We watched the first episode of Around the World in Eighty Days (starring David Tennant) on PBS last night. Quite good!
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshaLou_SytsmaHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited January 2022
    cat said:

Heh. Yellowstone flew under our radar until now. Watched the first four episodes and am definitely hooked. Our initial draw was finding out Taylor Sheridan's involvement. He helmed the excellent 2017 movie - Wind River: (one actor plays the sheriff in the Dexter: New Blood series)

Yellowstone, so far, feels like Sopranos on a ranch.
    Hedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Started Stay Close. A miniseries based on one of Harlan Cobens books. 2 episodes in and so far so good even if i dont fully understand why one of of the characters does what she does but i have a feeling there is a lot of stories waiting to be told in this one.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshacatNeesy
  • That describes all the Coben miniseries I've seen so far!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenMarshacat
  • Kurben said:
    Started Stay Close. A miniseries based on one of Harlan Cobens books. 2 episodes in and so far so good even if i dont fully understand why one of of the characters does what she does but i have a feeling there is a lot of stories waiting to be told in this one.
    I’ve also started this. I’ve watched a lot of Harlan’s stuff. Some more successful than others.  I hope this is one of the good ones. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenMarshacatFlakeNoir
  • Watched Stay Close over the Christmas break, aside from some little annoying details it was decent. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenMarshaHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • cat said:

Heh. Yellowstone flew under our radar until now. Watched the first four episodes and am definitely hooked. Our initial draw was finding out Taylor Sheridan's involvement. He helmed the excellent 2017 movie - Wind River: (one actor plays the sheriff in the Dexter: New Blood series)

Yellowstone, so far, feels like Sopranos on a ranch.
    ....that's a great analogy Lou...my Tracy loves the series and from the little I've seen, it's definitely a mane& tail mafia......
    MarshaNotaroLou_SytsmaHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:

....that's a great analogy Lou...my Tracy loves the series and from the little I've seen, it's definitely a mane& tail mafia......
    Mane & Tail Mafia - love it! You should trademark that!
    Hedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited January 2022
    Anyone not watching Yellowjackets — you are missing out on the fun. 
    NotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Agree Hedda. Just watched the first episode - very intriguing. Kind of a Lost/Lord of the Flies motif.

Watch the S1 Finale of Dexter. 

Wow!

Look forward to hearing reactions from the rest of you.  Very solid season.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarsha
  • edited January 2022
    Now that it's finished and Yellowjackets is nearing an end, I'll have to sign up to Showtime to binge through them! Someone posted what seemed to be a major spoiler on Facebook yesterday, but I'm not sure.

He posted
    R.I.P. Dexter Morgan.

I unfriended him on principle regardless of whether it's a true spoiler or not.

FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatMarsha
  • We're still watching all the old seasons of Dexter so I'm truly thankful for people using the spoiler function.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatMarsha
  • If you are on any form of social media, something you haven't watched it will get spoiled. Haven't seen Spider-Man: No Way Home yet but pretty well know the whole plot.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircatMarshaNeesy
  • edited January 2022
    Agree Hedda. Just watched the first episode - very intriguing. Kind of a Lost/Lord of the Flies motif.

Watch the S1 Finale of Dexter. 

Wow!

Look forward to hearing reactions from the rest of you.  Very solid season.
    Have the finale lined up for today. 

FlakeNoircatLou_SytsmaNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • If you are on any form of social media, something you haven't watched it will get spoiled. Haven't seen Spider-Man: No Way Home yet but pretty well know the whole plot.
    I've quit being a regular on any social media over the past year or so. But (and there's an admission of guilt running through this) I only found out the ending of Harry Potter when I allowed myself to watch the reunion show through to the end.
    I got to a point in it and suddenly thought, crap! They're going to talk about the ending!
    Then I had a conversation with myself. "Flakers, you're old. If you haven't read the last book yet, nor watched the last movie by now, when you've had opportunity enough to do both. You're probably never going to."
    So I watched .

Anyway, my long drawn-out point is that somehow I managed to miss the ending of HP being spoiled on social media for yeeeeeeears before I quit the babble.
    They did spoil SOA for me though. Pricks.
    catKurbenNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I've learned that spoilers don't ruin stories for me. What really matters is the writing and how the moments are executed.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I've finally finished all four seasons of Goliath. It was wonderfully done. Billy Bob Thornton is fabulous, Nina Arianda's character (Patty) is brilliant. I loved her.

Thanks for the heads up on this one everyone. 

Now I need a new series.
    NotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT