Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• I am so intrigued by Yellowjackets .  I know i keep saying that, but it is so full of storylines. 

Juliette Lewis is a fun actress to watch. She plays dysfunctional and broken so well.  I would not F with Juliette Lewis in real life.  I do believe she would tear off your head and sh*t down your neck if you tried in any way to be an ass. 
    NotaroLou_SytsmacatMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Been watching Hellbound on Netflix - a 6 part series, the latest from Korean director, Yeon Sang-ho, he of the excellent zombie flick - Train to Busan - and much less successful sequel - Peninsula. Hellbound has a very intriguing premise where people are being told by an 'angel' they will be taken to hell in an exact number of days. True to form, three very CGI'ish demons appear out of thin air to collect the person. You forget their appearance as the 'abduction' plays out. It's very brutal and gruesome. Think of 3 R-Rated Hulks going crazy on someone.

We're 3 episodes in and have no idea where the show is going - love it when a show can do that. There is exploration of free will versus destiny and the impact of these incidents on society. The show very much embraces modern technology as these events are streamed live by TV networks and bystanders on their cell phones. Religion plays a big part and there is an eerie cult leader whose has been warning everyone about this for the last 10 years.

So far, we have no way of knowing if these beings are supernatural, aliens, or something from the future or another dimension. The show goes in directions not expected and the end game is not clear yet.

If you are OK with graphic violence, are looking for something different, this is one to check out.
  • edited December 2021
    Been watching Hellbound on Netflix - a 6 part series, the latest from Korean director, Yeon Sang-ho, he of the excellent zombie flick - Train to Busan - and much less successful sequel - Peninsula. Hellbound has a very intriguing premise where people are being told by an 'angel' they will be taken to hell in an exact number of days. True to form, three very CGI'ish demons appear out of thin air to collect the person. You forget their appearance as the 'abduction' plays out. It's very brutal and grusome. Think of 3 R-Rated Hulks going crazy on someone.

We're 3 episodes in and have no idea where the show is going - love it when a show can do that. There is exploration of free will versus destiny and the impact of these incidents on society. The show very much embraces modern technology as these events are streamed live by TV networks and bystanders on their cell phones. Religion plays a big part and there is an eerie cult leader whose has been warning everyone about this for the last 10 years.

So far, we have no way of knowing if these beings are supernatural, aliens, or something from the future or another dimension. The show goes in directions not expected and the end game is not clear yet.

If you are OK with graphic violence and want something different, this is one to check out.
    MarshaKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Been watching Hellbound on Netflix - a 6 part series, the latest from Korean director, Yeon Sang-ho, he of the excellent zombie flick - Train to Busan - and much less successful sequel - Peninsula. Hellbound has a very intriguing premise where people are being told by an 'angel' they will be taken to hell in an exact number of days. True to form, three very CGI'ish demons appear out of thin air to collect the person. You forget their appearance as the 'abduction' plays out. It's very brutal and grusome. Think of 3 R-Rated Hulks going crazy on someone.

If you are OK with graphic violence and want something different, this is one to check out.
    This piqued my interest. Hellbound i am. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Watching season 2 of Trapped...

FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    Watched Nine Perfect Strangers.

A group of people go to a wellness retreat to try and make sense of their tumultuous lives, but the therapy used is not exactly what they expected. 

This was good, an amazing cast, fantastic performances. I found it tough in places bacause it hit too close to home but it's definitely worth putting on your binge list. 

• Notaro said:

A group of people go to a wellness retreat to try and make sense of their tumultuous lives, but the therapy used is not exactly what they expected. 

This was good, an amazing cast, fantastic performances. I found it tough in places bacause it hit too close to home but it's definitely worth putting on your binge list. 

I need to get past the goat. 🥺
    NotaroMarshaKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:

And I'm so sorry some of it was a tough watch for you. I'm going to give it another go. 
    NotaroMarshaKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

And I'm so sorry some of it was a tough watch for you. I'm going to give it another go. 
    Thank you Flakes, I think you'll enjoy it,  I just got quite emotional at some of it. 
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Thank you Flakes, I think you'll enjoy it,  I just got quite emotional at some of it. 
    I understand... 💚
    Yes I was enjoying it right up to where I stopped, I'll see it through, probably this weekend. 
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I thought the ending was a little too tidy, but all in all I enjoyed it.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:
    I will try to finish Only Murders in the Building tonight. I've really enjoyed it so far. It has quite a few big name actors in it. My favorite part is the back and forth between Steve Martin and Martin Short. Those guys are great in this.

After that, I'm finally going to watch Midnight Mass.
    Midnight Mass is great! Hope you enjoy it.
    I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I have high hopes.

I finished Only Murders in the Building last night. It's definitely worth checking out. It's only 10 episodes, each around 30-35 minutes, so it's one you can binge easily.

I'll see if I can find this, I'm feeling a binge mood coming on.
    It's on Hulu. I read the other day it's been renewed for Season 2 also.

GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ...Irish and a goat.....gotta be a joke in there somewhere :D.........but far be it from me to tread down that grassy path......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    Hellbound i am. 

....new novel from Clive Barker!!!.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Grant87 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:
    I will try to finish Only Murders in the Building tonight. I've really enjoyed it so far. It has quite a few big name actors in it. My favorite part is the back and forth between Steve Martin and Martin Short. Those guys are great in this.

After that, I'm finally going to watch Midnight Mass.
    Midnight Mass is great! Hope you enjoy it.
    I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I have high hopes.

I finished Only Murders in the Building last night. It's definitely worth checking out. It's only 10 episodes, each around 30-35 minutes, so it's one you can binge easily.

I'll see if I can find this, I'm feeling a binge mood coming on.
    It's on Hulu. I read the other day it's been renewed for Season 2 also.

We don't have Hulu, I wonder if it's somewhere else also? I'll look around. Thanks Grant.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGrant87GNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited December 2021

Wow!  What a cast! Mike Flanagan is on a roll! Sure hope he gets to do The Dark Tower some day.

From iHorror:

"Mike Flanagan and Netflix are at it again. The team that has worked on Midnight Mass, The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor is now working on The Fall of the House of Usher. The Edgar Allan Poe tale is one of the author’s most popular and is now in the great hands of Flanagan.

The ensemble being put together for this one is phenomenal. It includes a lot of Flanagan’s regular collaborators as well as a whole new bunch of fantastic actors including Mark Hamill.

The complete list of The Fall of the House of Usher ensemble goes like this:

Mark Hamill, Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, T’Nia Miller, Kyleigh Curran, Samantha Sloyan, Rahul Kohli, Kate Siegel, Sauriyan Sapkota, Zach Gilford, Michael Trucco, Paola Núñez, Katie Parker, Malcolm Goodwin, Crystal Balint, Aya Furukawa, Daniel Jun, Matt Biedel, Ruth Codd, Igby Rigney, Annabeth Gish, Robert Longstreet, Frank Langella, Mary McDonnell and Carl Lumbly."

FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshacatGNTLGNT
  • This was a really good season of Survivor. Great players with fascinating stories and a lot of cultural relevance. I especially liked it that the winner was
    ...Canadian! First time ever. "That's a lot of money in Canada," she said.

MarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • January 14th a new season of After Life.  I am super excited. Ricky Gervais was just brilliant in this. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Binged through the second half of MONEY HEIST. A great, great caper series.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarshaHedda Gabler
  • edited December 2021
    January 14th a new season of After Life.  I am super excited. Ricky Gervais was just brilliant in this. 
    I just binged 1 and 2 of After Life and cried harder than I did the first time.

Please all things holly holy, don’t let that dog die. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • January 14th a new season of After Life.  I am super excited. Ricky Gervais was just brilliant in this. 

Oh no... they had better not go there. 😔

Ricky is incredible in this, so believable. He breaks my heart every episode. 
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    January 14th a new season of After Life.  I am super excited. Ricky Gervais was just brilliant in this. 

I am very worried about the dog in season 3. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:

I am very worried about the dog in season 3. 
    If Brandy goes, I can't see Tony wanting to stay. That dog is anchoring him here. 🥺
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • I absolutely love the scene where Tony (Ricky Gervais) brings Daphne ( Roxy, sex worker) home.

Lady Marmalade playing in the background. Makes me laugh. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    Russian Doll finally getting a season 2!
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy