Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited November 2021
    Thanks to Peter Jackson's three part - 8 hour documentary, I got back with the Beatle's Get Back documentary. A fantastic fly-on-the-wall experience of seeing the group putting together their Let It Be album under a 3 week deadline for an upcoming TV special.

McCartney is a creative dynamo, John is mostly absorbed with Yoko, George - the group pragmatist chafes under the McCartney/Lennon duo, and Ringo - or as the band members always called him - Richard, is the laid back guy everyone likes. Caught constant goosebumps hearing the group playing nascent forms of now iconic songs. The energy level really picked up when keyboardist Billy Preston shows up. The audio work done here with mono recordings is amazing.

A pair of Episode 4's were watched next.

Ep 4 of Dexter drops the shoe. Actually it dropped two shoes - one on what has been till now, a seemingly unrelated storyline that is now very relevant. Good times.

Ep 4 of Wheel of Time. More magic. More characters. Not enough context. The jury remains out on this.

Hedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I need to find a good chunk of time to watch parts 2 and 3 of Get Back. I'm saving Dexter for when it's all done so I can binge it. I stuck a toe into Wheel of Time yesterday, but I didn't watch the entire first episode. I'll probably go back to it.

I have decided to embark on a rewatch of Fringe, which I loved the first time through. And Anna Torv is very watchable. 

NotaroLou_SytsmaHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited November 2021
    Yeah Fringe is one of my fav series. The show really hits a high from the midpoint of S2 until the end of S4.

Have you ever checked out Farscape? Another series with a similar trajectory as Fringe but it stays at a higher level through to its conclusion.

This season of Dexter is very binge-able.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I've never seen Farscape.

We also dipped into the new season of Star Trek: Discovery. Fine, as usual.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Started watching Fringe on you guys glowing recommendation! Saw first episode and will definitely watch more later. Had never heard of the series before. Thanks for the tip!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • The first season is mostly an X-files-like monster-of-the-week format, but from the second season on the mythology deepens and a much larger story is told. 

Walter Bishop is one of the all-time great TV characters.
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • Okay you have all hooked this fish. As soon as I'm done with Goliath, I will look for "Fringe".
    KurbenBevVincentGNTLGNTNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Okay you have all hooked this fish. As soon as I'm done with Goliath, I will look for "Fringe".
    Why did you express yourself like that?? For some reason i instantly saw a fish with a friendly Flakeface with a hook in its mouth and it wont get away. It is stuck inside my brain and how on earth i will manage to go to sleep now heaven only know. Its a both disturbing and funny picture. Dont mind my thoughtprocesses, they are wacky, i know....   Soon bedtime here
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • I have also started fringe😂 . 
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Okay you have all hooked this fish. As soon as I'm done with Goliath, I will look for "Fringe".
    Why did you express yourself like that?? For some reason i instantly saw a fish with a friendly Flakeface with a hook in its mouth and it wont get away. It is stuck inside my brain and how on earth i will manage to go to sleep now heaven only know. Its a both disturbing and funny picture. Dont mind my thoughtprocesses, they are wacky, i know....   Soon bedtime here
    Spooky Fish in Chinese Lake Looks Like it Has a Human Face  PEOPLEcom
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • ...the above is just a common carp....the markings are what gives it it's ummmm, "unusual" features.......
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • The first season is mostly an X-files-like monster-of-the-week format, but from the second season on the mythology deepens and a much larger story is told. 

Walter Bishop is one of the all-time great TV characters.

Walter was the best part of the show--loved the quirkiness of his character!
    NotaroBevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I'd forgotten about the "observers" -- keep your eyes peeled for "Where's Waldo" appearances of an odd-looking bald guy dressed in black in most episodes.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Walter was the best part of the show--loved the quirkiness of his character!
    I just watched an episode where he drugs someone. As an apology later he suggests the other person could drug him back except, as he says, "I'd probably enjoy it!"
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • A kind of behind the scenes Fringe spoiler

The graphics that appear at the end of scenes (a frog or an apple or a leaf or something, with dots) are part of a code that spells out words and phrases.

Hedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Fringe definitely rocks.

So does Farscape.

I put the two at about even. John Crichton and Aeryn Sun are one of the best TV love stories ever. She's a warrior. He's a nerd. My oh my how the sparks do fly. And like Fringe, the first season is stand alone but once the mythology kicks in, the show is killer.
    FlakeNoirBevVincentNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    Another show I've really enjoyed is the Netflix reboot of Lost In Space. Back in the day, this show and the original Star Trek captured my childhood imagination.

The new Lost In Space is family oriented and has gorgeous production values. The cast is highly likeable and the overarching series story is intriguing. The third and final season landed this month. Another highly bingable series.

And way better than the - IMO - horrible Star Trek Discovery and Picard series.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • I have the third season of Lost in Space ready to go once we have a few other shows out of the way. We have been enjoying Discovery and liked Picard, too.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • Okay Shetland people, i missed something. Who is this duncan guy and why does he have such influence over cassie. Are he and jimmy gay? 

Obviously this has been addressed, but i can’t for the life of me remember it. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroMarsha
  • Regarding Duncan and Jimmy:
    Duncan is Cassie's biological father. Jimmy married her mother when she was three and has become the dominant father figure, but they have that bond between them. Cassie's mother died a few years back.

GNTLGNTNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    Blasted through the third and final season of Lost In Space. It leaves me with good feelings. A show about family, friends, compassion, and a respect for logic and science in these turbulent times, is truly a breath of fresh air. Good ending to the series and - Hey! - they worked in a Rush song too! What more could one ask for from a show?

Next up, another final season of a show, the excellent Expanse series. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Have you watched ANOTHER LIFE? We liked the first season -- trying to find time for S2.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Regarding Duncan and Jimmy:
    Duncan is Cassie's biological father. Jimmy married her mother when she was three and has become the dominant father figure, but they have that bond between them. Cassie's mother died a few years back.

Ah. And her age when jimmy came into her life explains why she sees him more as dad. Thank you. 

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Blasted through the third and final season of Lost In Space. It leaves me with good feelings. A show about family, friends, compassion, and a respect for logic and science in these turbulent times, is truly a breath of fresh air. Good ending to the series and - Hey! - they worked in a Rush song too! What more could one ask for from a show?

Next up, another final season of a show, the excellent Expanse series. 
    lost in space Memes amp GIFs - Imgflip
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNotaroNeesy
  • Have you watched ANOTHER LIFE? We liked the first season -- trying to find time for S2.

Can't remember if I've seen S2 but did watch S1 when it was first out and liked it. Obviously have forgotten the finer points of it if I can't remember if I've watched S2, though. 😕

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy