Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Been watching Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton, really enjoying it, he plays a down and out lawyer brought back into the game to handle a wrongful death case. I'm into season 3 now and it's still compulsive viewing. Great cast.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • I like this show a lot -- looking forward to finding time to see the final season.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Neesy said:
    This was a movie but it was on TV so I'll count it as a TV show (if that's okay?) A movie with Karen Allen and Jeff Bridges was on, called Starman [directed by John Carpenter and produced by Michael Douglas]

It's a nice little movie - I remember watching it back in the 80s for the first time. Even today it still stands up.

Jeff was nominated for an academy award but lost out to the guy who played Amadeus
    (Ya - I Googled) - there was one scene near the end where I couldn't figure out if it was Kiowa helicopters or Twin Hueys - still didn't get any answer!

Starman!! <3
    My mum watched this movie to death, I think she had a thing for Jeff Bridges.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • We watched the last three episodes of Ashes to Ashes last night. I'd forgotten how it ended. A nice wrap-up.

This one caught me totally by surprise -- CSI: Vegas, with some of the old cast and a lot of new folks.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • Watched season one of the BBC adaptation of The Borrowers. Really enjoyed it, series two up next on my viewing list....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • We watched the last three episodes of Ashes to Ashes last night. I'd forgotten how it ended. A nice wrap-up.

This one caught me totally by surprise -- CSI: Vegas, with some of the old cast and a lot of new folks.
    I absolutely loved this series. I’m still trying to figure out why i loved gene so much. He’s not a good guy; but he is.  In today’s world, he’d be a huge asshole. He was then too.  but  how did the writers make me just overlook all that to love him? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • There have been talks about returning to the series, but I'm not sure how they'd do that. The way they wrapped it up doesn't leave much room for evolution. But I'd watch it.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Finished season two of The Borrowers, hugely enjoyable, such a pity they didn't do any more. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Yeah, I did. I'm suspicious of the bassoon player now!

You pegged this one early. I had no idea.  Interesting way they left it for a season 2. 
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Finally got around to watching Ted Lasso. Loving it! Binged the first season and now working through the second. What a great cast of characters. Roy Kent! He's here! He's there! He's every - bleeping - where!
    FlakeNoirMarshaNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Finally got around to watching Ted Lasso. Loving it! Binged the first season and now working through the second. What a great cast of characters. Roy Kent! He's here! He's there! He's every - bleeping - where!

Roy Kent is a brilliant character.
  • Yeah, I did. I'm suspicious of the bassoon player now!

You pegged this one early. I had no idea.  Interesting way they left it for a season 2. 
    We finished it last night -- I liked how they finished it, too. A nice launching point for a new season.
    FlakeNoirMarshaNotaroGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda Gabler
  • GOLIATH is so good -- season 4 is like a long noir Hitchcock with touches of David Lynch
  • edited October 2021
    I went back to S1 episode 1 of Dexter tonight.  Oh what a treat! 😍 I adore this show, my favourite series, I think.
    I'm going to binge the heck out of it before watching the new season. 
    NotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTKurbenMarshaHedda Gabler
  • Hard to believe that the actor that plays Rebecca - Hanna Waddingham - on Ted Lasso is the Shame lady from Game of Thrones!   :open_mouth:
    MarshaHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Hard to believe that the actor that plays Rebecca - Hanna Waddingham - on Ted Lasso is the Shame lady from Game of Thrones!   :open_mouth:
    I didn't make that connection!
    MarshaHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Three episodes into the most recent series of MONEY HEIST -- wow. The tension starts out at 10 and keeps ratcheting up from there.
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Watched the first episode of the return of Dexter. Interesting that Deb has taken over for Harry. Real curious to see how the show handles the dynamics of a serial killer in a small town as opposed to a big, bustling city like Miami.  Going to be a lot harder to operate and hide when there are far less people. Side  note - Michael C. Hall looks remarkably similar to how he did in the original series.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • Watched the first episode of the return of Dexter. Interesting that Deb has taken over for Harry. Real curious to see how the show handles the dynamics of a serial killer in a small town as opposed to a big, bustling city like Miami.  Going to be a lot harder to operate and hide when there are far less people. Side  note - Michael C. Hall looks remarkably similar to how he did in the original series.
    I watched this also. I’m very interested in how Harrison is going to figure in this. 

How much does he know? 
    How will Dexter explain his new identity? And will an abandoned teenager use that information against him in teenagery ways? 
    how will Dexter operate, like you said, in a very small community? 

Scenes they showed were intriguing. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroMarsha
  • Oh shiit.. I  have to not read these,  it's going to be ages before I get through all of the old seasons.
    MarshaGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Oh shiit.. I  have to not read these,  it's going to be ages before I get through all of the old seasons.
    No spoilers — all things mentioned have been in trailers for the new season . 
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Oh shiit.. I  have to not read these,  it's going to be ages before I get through all of the old seasons.
    No spoilers — all things mentioned have been in trailers for the new season . 
    Gotcha🙂... I've only watched that initial one Bev posted ages ago. I didn't read anything above anyway, I saw the word "Dexter" and shut my eyes. 😄
    NotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • We never watched the last season of the original Dexter so need to do that first otherwise think this new one would be completely confusing.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Definitely!

I finally got around to Midnight Mass. I was very impressed--what a clever idea to convolute religion with, um, something else.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroMarshaFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma