Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• The Chestnut Man

netflix. Nordic entry. 

i’m 4 minutes in and nervous as a cat. 
    Watched a couple of episodes, it's really good. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I'm watching the first episode at the moment. 
    NotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I've finished the first 2 episodes, I jumped and mini squealed out loud 🙄☺ when...

Hess was hit from behind in the cellar/bunker. 

MarshaNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I finished Midnight Mass last night, I thought it was excellent! (totally agree with your rundown of the song and montage in episode 3 Deejers)

I can only imagine what this show would be like to watch as either a Catholic, lapsed Catholic or a Muslim... I bet it just added numerous layers to the story.
    I’m on last episode.  
    What did you think?
    I found the last couple of episodes quite emotive. 
    I loved Erin's awareness... that resonated for me.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Saw first episode of Midnight Mass. Had a slight vibe of Storm of The Century i thought. Will see where its heading after this.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Kurben said:
    Saw first episode of Midnight Mass. Had a slight vibe of Storm of The Century i thought. Will see where its heading after this.
    The trailer reminded me of Storm of the Century quite a bit. I haven't started the series yet, but I'm hoping to get it going this weekend.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've finished the first 2 episodes, I jumped and mini squealed out loud 🙄☺ when...

Hess was hit from behind in the cellar/bunker. 

....THESE are "mini-squeals" Madam.....

10 Most Adorable Micro Pig Photos Ever Photos - ABC News  Cute piglets  Cute animals Funny pigs
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaKurbenNotaro
  • ...Tracy and I have been taking our good old time watching Locke & Key.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaKurbenNotaro
  • I watched the 3rd episode of The Chestnut Man today, it's very good but they speak quite quickly and if I'm the least bit tired I miss dialogue and have to go back. It's pretty impossible to multitask/screen this show.

I also finally finished S3 of Marcella. It was completely different to the first 2, not as good in my opinion and I just found it very difficult to care about her as she seemed to have lost her humanity. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerMarsha
  • The Many Saints of Newark.   !!!   Sopranos prequil.
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaroMarsha
  • Watched Clickbait. An 8 episode mini series about a man that disappears and there are lots of twists and turns. Each episode is told from the perspective of a different person, the sister, the wife, the detective, the mistress, the son, the brother and so on. It was well done and it understood to end it properly. Worth a watch.
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • Explains the EU perfectly 😄

MarshaKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTBevVincent
  • Notaro said:
    Explains the EU perfectly 😄

And the UN too!!
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited October 2021
    Watching Sons of Anarchy.  Guess who showed up as a 'cleaner' after a murder?
    Awesome

NotaroMarshaKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • His name is Bachman!
    FlakeNoirNotaronot_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Just watched the episode of NCIS where
    Gibbs leaves for good -- low-key but nice departure of an iconic character.

It's been funny seeing Mark Harmon's real-life wife Pam Dawber acting with him. In an earlier episode, one character called her "Mindy!"

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaspideyman
  • ...it's been coming, but as far as I'm concerned....he WAS the show....
    Hedda GablerMarshaKurbenspideyman
  • I think they will survive. There's always a promise of a return, and he's been migrating to the background for a while now.
    Hedda GablerKurbenspideymanGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited October 2021
    This was a movie but it was on TV so I'll count it as a TV show (if that's okay?) A movie with Karen Allen and Jeff Bridges was on, called Starman [directed by John Carpenter and produced by Michael Douglas]

It's a nice little movie - I remember watching it back in the 80s for the first time. Even today it still stands up.

Jeff was nominated for an academy award but lost out to the guy who played Amadeus
    (Ya - I Googled) - there was one scene near the end where I couldn't figure out if it was Kiowa helicopters or Twin Hueys - still didn't get any answer!

not_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Disappointed the guy from Wyoming has been voted out of Survivor already. I thought he made a big blunder in the first episode when he blurted out to the girl he was voting for her but other than that I thought he played pretty well. He held his own in challenges and I thought was playing a pretty good game so I was disappointed. 
    spideymanNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Neesy said:
    This was a movie but it was on TV so I'll count it as a TV show (if that's okay?) A movie with Karen Allen and Jeff Bridges was on, called Starman [directed by John Carpenter and produced by Michael Douglas]

It's a nice little movie - I remember watching it back in the 80s for the first time. Even today it still stands up.

Jeff was nominated for an academy award but lost out to the guy who played Amadeus
    (Ya - I Googled) - there was one scene near the end where I couldn't figure out if it was Kiowa helicopters or Twin Hueys - still didn't get any answer!

Starman!! <3
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • cat said:
    Disappointed the guy from Wyoming has been voted out of Survivor already. I thought he made a big blunder in the first episode when he blurted out to the girl he was voting for her but other than that I thought he played pretty well. He held his own in challenges and I thought was playing a pretty good game so I was disappointed. 
    You know a team is in trouble when they lose a challenge to a team that is trying to throw the challenge!
    catKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • I think they will survive. There's always a promise of a return, and he's been migrating to the background for a while now.
    ....agreed, yet he remains the MAN.....still would like to know the real story behind his involvement with Pauley Perrette's departure from the show.....
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Neesy said:

...did some looking, don't know if this helps.....

When the large Sikorsky helicopter (a model never used by the US Army, in spite of its markings) lands at the airfield, that airfield is the Tennessee Army National Guard's Army Aviation Support Facility #1 (AASF #1) at the Smyrna, TN airport. Among the helicopters in the background is an Army UH-1H "Huey" painted both white and olive drab. That particular Huey was outfitted with airline seats and other amenities for use by the Tennessee governor. With a nod toward the tradition of Tennessee moonshine, it was known as "White Lightning." [Source: Personal knowledge as a pilot in the TNARNG when "Starman" was filmed there and flew "White Lightning" numerous times from that airfield.]

....also, Sikorsky S61's were used......plus a number of Huey's.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy