Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• That's awesome -- a great, twisty series.
    MarshaNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • David Cronenberg is a real trip in Star Trek Discovery.
    MarshaNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited December 2021
    I’ve been watching for updates on Criminal — Germany, France , Spain and a third season for Great Britain (they did release that 2 when no one else got a 2)

i really really like this series
    MarshaFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Cardinal — Season 4

can Billy just marry me now. Unless he’s a freak in real life. I have no room in my life for super frea-kyyyyy, yowwww. 
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • And i’m going to watch Afterlife — again so i can wallow in misery and poor-me tears. 
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • edited December 2021
    Okay. Nothing here is spoilers. Just my thoughts on the matter, but I will put behind spoilers because i am psychic. After Life — Season 3. 
    Enter if you dare. 

Ricky is going to die!

Brandy is going to die!

Anne? Well, she’s just dead. 

First off, the whole show is about love, loss and coping. What does that look like? And should we bully someone to stay who really doesn’t want to?  Is it okay to shame and guilt someone to stay? And, the other side of the coin, do these sad sacks and grievers get to manipulate the people trying so hard to be the thing that matters that makes them want to stay?

In season 3 scenes, ricky is sitting on that graveyard bench alone. Did anne die? Or, did she go off with newspaper guy to enjoy what’s left for her?

Brandy and Tony’s dad are the only things keeping Tony anchored to the living .  Dad died. Brandy is getting gray in the face.It’s a race against time now. Will Brandy keep tony here long enough to really get him past wanting to die?

In reading Ricky Gervais’ twitter feed, there are so many people who have struggled with mental health, depression and loss — and they all thank him. Thank him for giving them someone who feels what they are or were feeling. 

So, where does Gervais take this? If he kills Tony off, there could be mass suicides, i don’t think some of these people could take it.  They want a happy life for Tony. They are championing him to win. But wonder if a win for Tony is death? To be “reunited” with his wife? It’s going to be tricky for Gervais. Will he do what’s best for the character, the fans, or himself as a creator?

Who’s to say what a happy ending is for Tony. Some would say living, finding love again, being happy in the here and now.  Some might argue happy ending for tony would be to die.  It’s what he wants, but kind of doesn’t want but would be okay with it if it just suddenly happened.  It’s an odd thing to think about. Who gets what?

Here is my prediction:

Tony will die. But he won’t kill himself. Something will happen to take him out.

Will it be a Sopranos black screen? A Six Feet Under scenario, surrounded by loved ones, dead and alive? A cancer, like Lisa?

I think it’s going to be a Gladiators finish. We will see Tony fading in and out, “trailing his fingers across the wheat,” and Lisa and Brandy will be waiting for him. And he will be happy. 

If he is brave, this is what Ricky will do. Give Tony what he so desperately wants. 

Lisa.

NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Okay. Nothing here is spoilers. Just my thoughts on the matter, but I will put behind spoilers because i am psychic. After Life — Season 3. 
    Enter if you dare. 

Ricky is going to die!

Brandy is going to die!

Anne? Well, she’s just dead. 

First off, the whole show is about love, loss and coping. What does that look like? And should we bully someone to stay who really doesn’t want to?  Is it okay to shame and guilt someone to stay? And, the other side of the coin, do these sad sacks and grievers get to manipulate the people trying so hard to be the thing that matters that makes them want to stay?

In season 3 scenes, ricky is sitting on that graveyard bench alone. Did anne die? Or, did she go off with newspaper guy to enjoy what’s left for her?

Brandy and Tony’s dad are the only things keeping Tony anchored to the living .  Dad died. Brandy is getting gray in the face.It’s a race against time now. Will Brandy keep tony here long enough to really get him past wanting to die?

In reading Ricky Gervais’ twitter feed, there are so many people who have struggled with mental health, depression and loss — and they all thank him. Thank him for giving them someone who feels what they are or were feeling. 

So, where does Gervais take this? If he kills Tony off, there could be mass suicides, i don’t think some of these people could take it.  They want a happy life for Tony. They are championing him to win. But wonder if a win for Tony is death? To be “reunited” with his wife? It’s going to be tricky for Gervais. Will he do what’s best for the character, the fans, or himself as a creator?

Who’s to say what a happy ending is for Tony. Some would say living, finding love again, being happy in the here and now.  Some might argue happy ending for tony would be to die.  It’s what he wants, but kind of doesn’t want but would be okay with it if it just suddenly happened.  It’s an odd thing to think about. Who gets what?

Here is my prediction:

Tony will die. But he won’t kill himself. Something will happen to take him out.

Will it be a Sopranos black screen? A Six Feet Under scenario, surrounded by loved ones, dead and alive? A cancer, like Lisa?

I think it’s going to be a Gladiators finish. We will see Tony fading in and out, “trailing his fingers across the wheat,” and Lisa and Brandy will be waiting for him. And he will be happy. 

If he is brave, this is what Ricky will do. Give Tony what he so desperately wants. 

Lisa.

Tremendous GIFs  Tenor
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • edited December 2021
    Finished the first season of Wheel of Time. It was Ok. It's interesting to be a WOT newbie and see how the book readers have reacted to the series. Most have been lukewarm but they all unanimously detested the season finale.

Watched episodes 4 and 5 of Hellbound. The show takes a narrative jump in the fourth episode and raises an issue of someone being targeted for hell when there is no way that is possible - being deliberately vague here. With one episode to go, there are still a lot of unanswered questions. Worried the show won't be able to stick the landing.

Episodes 7 & 8 of Dexter have also been watched. Really enjoying the return of the show. It's doing what it does best creating emotional frissons where the moments of endearment are tied to horrible happenings. Two episodes to go. Eager to see how it ends. 

Also have seen the first 3 episodes of the final season of The Expanse. The focus is primarily on the the war between the Belters and the Inner Planets. There is a small subplot on another planet that can be expected to tie into the main storyline down the road. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • My wife stumbled upon a Korean series called Crash Landing on You. It's on Netflix -- 16 1-hour episodes. It's a little campy at times, but we watched the first four episodes last night. It's about a self-absorbed "influencer" who gets caught by a tornado while testing out a paraglider and is sent to Kansas North Korea, where she is hidden from authorities by an amusing group of soldiers. She had just been named the heir to her wealthy father's business (he had to step down after being imprisoned for financial irregularities), much to the chagrin of her two older brothers. It's funny and an interesting look into the dynamics between the two Koreas. Apparently the second most popular Korean TV series ever produced.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • It's funny and an interesting look into the dynamics between the two Koreas. 
    Heh. Sounds like a great premise for a show between Democrats and Republicans.  ;)
    Hedda GablerBevVincentFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    BritBox has some great, quick frights.

A Ghost Story For Christmas are shorts based off short stories. M. R. James seems to be a favorite.  Lots of famous faces involved. 

Mark Gattis, who I think played Sherlock’s brother opposite CucumberBaldersnatch is the director of these tales or the writing adapter, lead gaffe, best boy, kraft food table supervisor — he does something.  
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • So finished Hellbound tonight and, as we expected, this is an open-ended finish. Many things are left to you. Overall, I enjoyed it - though the frantic nature of Korean acting at times can be off-putting. The show raises a lot of interesting questions about sin and morality and fate vs destiny. The biggest annoyance is the central mythology is never explained - which, in retrospect, was probably wise.

Glad I watched it but much preferred the German series - Dark - which provided better closure.
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • CucumberBaldersnatch 

....I say madam!.....it's Blenderdick Slumberbelch.....thank you very little!!....
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Finally got the right Apple ID and password figured out so I can use my AppleTV device and have been bingeing Ted Lasso. Only have 2 episodes left which I'll finish later today. I'll definitely pick this up again when Season 3 airs.
    KurbenBevVincentFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • Love Staged.

just finished Ron Howard’s Masterclass and didn’t realize Michael was Frost in Frost/Nixon.  Great talent.   
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • edited January 2022
    Not a spoiler. I repeat, not a spoiler. Posted loud and clear on Ricky Gervais’ twitter —

the dog does NOT die in After Life, season 3 —they promise. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Not a spoiler. I repeat, not a spoiler. Posted loud and clear on Ricky Gervais’ twitter —

the dog does NOT die in After Life, season 3 —they promise. 
    Thank goodness. 
    They better not pull a "Rita". (Dexter) I never fully recovered from this.
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Dexter Ep 9 - Family Business. The title is most telling. This episode manages to bring the creep factor back to Dexter's doings - something one becomes desensitized to over the course of the original series run.

One episode to go.

What will the series direction be?
    GNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoirNotaro
  • We binged through the Korean series Crash Landing on You. It's cute -- very much a melodrama, but with some high stakes. It's a little repetitive at times, and there's one song that gets played during dramatic moments that I never have to hear again, but we enjoyed it.
    GNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy

• Binged the new season of Queer Eye for the "feels" and now bingeing Emily in Paris because I wanted to revisit Paris even though my experience was definitely not like hers. :)
    spideymanKurbenFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • We watched a cute Swedish series called ANXIOUS PEOPLE last night. It's six 30-minute episodes, so just like watching a long movie. It's about a hostage-taking incident where the suspect vanishes mysteriously and the people taken hostage are reluctant to provide any details afterward. Based on the novel by the author of A Man Called Ove.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • We watched a cute Swedish series called ANXIOUS PEOPLE last night. It's six 30-minute episodes, so just like watching a long movie. It's about a hostage-taking incident where the suspect vanishes mysteriously and the people taken hostage are reluctant to provide any details afterward. Based on the novel by the author of A Man Called Ove.
    Where did you watch it?
    KurbenGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • My next watch, thank you
    KurbenGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro