Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Finished the final episode of The Expanse. Though the final season was only 6 episodes compared to the normal 10, the show avoided the collapse that struck Game of Thrones. A satisfying conclusion for a show that mirrors so, so many issues that are happening today. I like this series overall more than the recent Battlestar Galactica. 

Like a great Stephen King novel, there are so many great characters and the villains also shine because you can understand and empathize with their positions. Love Drummer, she has to be so strong and show no weakness while her heart is breaking, and my goodness, no one has made swearing seem so eloquent as Shohreh Aghdashloo did as UN Director, Chrisjen Avasarala. I'll miss this series a lot. The great thing is, I have to yet read the books.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNotaro
  • Yellowjackets finished up strong.  Now, when is season 2.?
    GNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • I have only three episodes left of my Fringe Binge!
    GNTLGNTMarshaNotaroLou_Sytsma
  • Binged After Life on Saturday. I thought the ending pulled at the heartstrings but was beautiful.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Time to take the 30-day Showtime challenge. First up: Yellowjackets, to be followed by Dexter -- the ending of which I've already had spoiled.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Finished season 3 of After Life, not as good as the first two seasons but still well worth a watch.

FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Finished season 3 of After Life, not as good as the first two seasons but still well worth a watch.

Thank you! Agree totally. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I finished After Life (S3) last night too. It was a mixed bag for me. 
    Some of the final episode had me in tears (nothing new) but was more to do with family associations. 
    I'm still processing the season, but I definitely preferred seasons 1 & 2.
    Hedda GablerNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Started STAY CLOSE on Netflix based on Harlan Coben's novel. I really like the way they answered a bunch of story questions from episode 1 in the opening minutes of episode 2. Stars Cush Jumbo from The Good Wife and features Eddie Izzard.

I also got a kick out of how we learned about who the main cop's ex-wife is.
    GNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoirSundrop
  • OK, the song-and-dance routine at the beginning of episode 3 is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a crime drama.
    KurbenGNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoir
  • OK, the song-and-dance routine at the beginning of episode 3 is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a crime drama.
    Uh oh. I just started this.  Should i abort now?
    GNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoir
  • No, I'm almost halfway through and enjoying it, mostly. But Ken & Barbie are fucking weird. Very much out-of-world.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoir
  • edited January 2022
    ....been re-watching this.....good series, adapted from a short story "The Rememberer" by J. Robert Lennon....

Unforgettable Season 2 Premiere Bigtime  TV Goodness
    MarshaHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • OK, Stay Close -- lots of interesting twists and turns. Overall, I liked it.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited January 2022
    Cheap Irish houses with Maggie Malloy.

Oh man!   I would not buy most of these properties unless i had a ton of money and plenty of time. 

I see the potential in all of them, beautiful history and scenic — but so many problems!!!

i would love to be so rich i could restore them all. And then donate them to hard working middle class people. 

Nobody has to be ill. Poor need not apply. Rich need not apply. Hard working middle class people working to give their family a home. Doing everything asked of them. Good citizens.   starting families or established families.  I would just love to be able to hand  over the keys and say, “it’s yours.”

@NB, do you do big renovations on properties where your first thought is, strike a match?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • edited January 2022
    Cheap Irish houses with Maggie Malloy.

Oh man!   I would not buy most of these properties unless i had a ton of money and plenty of time. 

I see the potential in all of them, beautiful history and scenic — but so many problems!!!

i would love to be so rich i could restore them all. And then donate them to hard working middle class people. 

Nobody has to be ill. Poor need not apply. Rich need not apply. Hard working middle class people working to give their family a home. Doing everything asked of them. Good citizens.   starting families or established families.  I would just love to be able to hand  over the keys and say, “it’s yours.”

@NB, do you do big renovations on properties where your first thought is, strike a match?
    Ohhh, first season they show a couple an old tailor shop.  Oh my lord — the possibilities! 

I wish they would show renovations to these properties!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • And the biggest issue, every property, is dampness, water damage, condensation. Because it’s Ireland!   

I’m assuming modern building has eliminated these problems. 

One thing i love is the deep  windows sills. I wish the  windows were bigger with those deep window sills. 

An unlimited budget could restore these places to such beauty. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Cheap Irish houses with Maggie Malloy.

I don't know that show at all DJ🤔, there is an Irish show my wife watches called Room To Improve, where an architect (complete arsehole) comes in a revamps/renovates a room or section of the existing house.

I've worked on several major renovations over the years and while I haven't seen any where I wanted to strike a match there have been several architects involved who I would gladly have set alight and sat back with a cuppa watching them burn.......🤔
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • edited January 2022
    Watched the first episodes of Peacemaker. Wasn't a big fan of The Suicide Squad but this series with it's smaller focus is much more entertaining. James Gunn writes and directs 3 of the episodes. Very funny. Very irreverent.

If nothing else you should check out the opening - dance - er title sequence. It has to be seen to be believed.

Continuing to plow through Yellowstone - into Season 2 now. 

Also watched the first couple of episodes of the animated Netflix series - Arcane. Gorgeous animations and great characters too.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • imDB TV has the first season of NIGHT COURT for free. Man, I loved that show when it first aired. It still holds up, too -- what a great series.
    KurbenNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • ....solid ensemble and good material...works every time....
    Hedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Watched the first new episode of Ozark. It was good, picked up right where it left off...it's just been so long I had a little trouble remembering what was happening. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenMarshaSundropNeesy
  • There's a 2-1/2 minute recap that helps a lot.
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTMarshaSundrop