Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Have you ever seen DARE ME based on the novel by Megan Abbott?
    FlakeNoirNotaro
    I have not. Good? Is it on a service now? 
    FlakeNoirNotaro
  • I think it's on Netflix -- really good. 
    NotaroHedda Gabler
  • My weekend is set. Bookmarked and ready to go. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I really want to watch Yellowjackets - maybe I can find a deal on a Showtime subscription. I finally watched Mare of Easttown.  That was fantastic.  I binge-watched it. That's all I got.  I haven't found a good series in a while, other than Mare.  I tried The Royal Gemstones (nope!), and the one with Steven Buschemi and Daniel Radcliffe -I can't remember the name, but no again. Checking in here for suggestions. I am going slowly thru After Life season 3.  I don't want it to end.  Ricky Gervais delivers, always.  
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • I signed up for a 30-day free trial -- I want to watch Yellowjackets and Dexter.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropMarsha
  • So Bev, what did you think of Yellowjackets?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I loved it -- it's excellent and I can't wait for S2. I went back and watched the first episode when I finished and that was really worthwhile.

I have so many questions...
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I loved it -- it's excellent and I can't wait for S2. I went back and watched the first episode when I finished and that was really worthwhile.

I have so many questions...
    I did the same. There is a lot here. 

I’ll probably watch the whole thing again before second season. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Here are some of my questions:
    • What happened to Shauna's kid -- I thought for sure she'd have a miscarriage during the magic mushroom fest
    • How is the group split? It looks like there are six or seven of them at the masked ceremony
    • Who went into the pit with the punji sticks?
    • Where is Javi?
    • Is there more to know about Adam. I suspect not, but still...
    • Are there other survivors? I thought for sure someone else would show up at the reunion.
    • Who will play Lotte in 2021?
    Plus it took me a while to figure out that the girl who broke her leg during practice was the woman who organized the reunion.
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I'm two episodes into Dexter. Is it just me or does his new girlfriend bear a striking resemblance to his sister?
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTSundropHedda GablerMarsha
  • Been watching All Of Us Are Dead.

A Korean zombie show. A local school is ground zero for a zombie outbreak and the students must band together to try and survive. 

It's ok,  fast paced and a fair bit of action but I'm at episode 8 of 12, so it's starting to feel a bit jaded. If you liked Train To Busan and the sequel Peninsula then you should like this.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • ....thanks for that Irish....been trying to figure out if I wanted to dip my toes into that fetid water or not.....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • cat said:
    Watched the first new episode of Ozark. It was good, picked up right where it left off...it's just been so long I had a little trouble remembering what was happening. 
    I'm saving this to watch during the post surgery recovery week.  I'm really glad to hear that it was good!!  
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircatMarsha
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Marianne.

A horror writer is accosted by a childhood friend at a book signing, she goes back to the town she grew up in and strange things begin to happen.

This French series isn't too bad at all, has a nice creepy vibe going on, I think it's worth a look.

Adding this to the list.  I was debating on it, but after seeing that several folks here liked it, decided that it's must see tv.  
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • edited February 2022
    Watched the first episode of the Danish crime series THE CHESTNUT MAN. I'm hooked. Those chestnut figures are creeeeeepy. It's based on a novel by Søren Sveistrup, who was the screenwriter and creator of Forbrydelsen (THE KILLING).
    This is the first one I put on my list. I can't wait to watch it! 
    .....also, I kind of want to make some little chestnut men.  Is that weird?    :p
    GNTLGNTKurbenBevVincentNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Been watching All Of Us Are Dead.

A Korean zombie show. A local school is ground zero for a zombie outbreak and the students must band together to try and survive. 

It's ok,  fast paced and a fair bit of action but I'm at episode 8 of 12, so it's starting to feel a bit jaded. If you liked Train To Busan and the sequel Peninsula then you should like this.

I really liked the movie (Train to Busan, i didn't think the sequel was as good) but that was a 100 minute movie and i can totally understand that 12 episodes of it can get jaded. I mean, a fast paced thrillride well done is entertaining but if its goes on for many hours.....  then i can imagine a bit of thrill goes out of it. But i will certainly look it up. Its always interesting to see not american series even if the subject is wellknown.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited February 2022
    Here are some of my questions:
    • What happened to Shauna's kid -- I thought for sure she'd have a miscarriage during the magic mushroom fest
    • How is the group split? It looks like there are six or seven of them at the masked ceremony
    • Who went into the pit with the punji sticks?
    • Where is Javi?
    • Is there more to know about Adam. I suspect not, but still...
    • Are there other survivors? I thought for sure someone else would show up at the reunion.
    • Who will play Lotte in 2021?
    Plus it took me a while to figure out that the girl who broke her leg during practice was the woman who organized the reunion.
    Yes. So many questions!  😄

Have they said when season 2 will drop? I hope they don’t take too long. 

Tick tock….
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaKurben
  • Possibly the end of the year.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarshaKurben
  • That’s just unacceptable. 

🤣
  • edited February 2022
    I think I need to speak to Showtime’s manager. 
  • I think I need to speak to Showtime’s manager. 
    Strongly worded letter. They might send you back vouchers.😁
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaKurben
  • edited February 2022
    Have you ever seen DARE ME based on the novel by Megan Abbott?
    Okay bev, just a couple things with this one. I’m getting ready to start episode 8.  The story is good but… I was a cheerleader. 

1. I never haughtily walked down the hallway at school with my fellow squad members in a flying geese formation, with my hair blowing attractively around my face, in slow motion, hip hop soundtrack and everyone stopping to watch us in all our glory. 

I feel cheated. 

2. My fellow cheerleaders and I never spontaneously broke out in a drumming stomp and cheer anywhere in public other than a game. Our community did not give a shit who we were.  We never competed at any cheerleading circle jerk called Regionals or State. 

I feel invisible. 

3. I could not do crap in the tumbling department. I would have broke my neck. The best you got from me is a Mary Catherine Gallagher lunge and a sassy “superstarrrrr” from my lips.  

I feel arthritic and seriously uncoordinated. 

But, i did drink beer pretty good. And a well placed paper bag over my head — I looked cute in the uniforms. And dammit, that’s ALL I cared about. 

Unfortunately, I was the bitch. I never ever wanted to actually  DO any cheerleading. I voted NO on everything.  So, i guess that looked good on my college resume. 

Superstarrrrrr!

For these and more insights on Cheerleading Matters, follow me. Tap that like button, ring that bell.  😉
    FlakeNoirNotaroSundropGNTLGNTMarshaKurben
    Okay bev, just a couple things with this one. I’m getting ready to start episode 8.  The story is good but… I was a cheerleader. 

1. I never haughtily walked down the hallway at school with my fellow squad members in a flying geese formation, with my hair blowing attractively around my face, in slow motion, hip hop soundtrack and everyone stopping to watch us in all our glory. 

I feel cheated. 

2. My fellow cheerleaders and I never spontaneously broke out in a drumming stomp and cheer anywhere in public other than a game. Our community did not give a shit who we were.  We never competed at any cheerleading circle jerk called Regionals or State. 

I feel invisible. 

3. I could not do crap in the tumbling department. I would have broke my neck. The best you got from me is a Mary Catherine Gallagher lunge and a sassy “superstarrrrr” from my lips.  

I feel arthritic and seriously uncoordinated. 

But, i did drink beer pretty good. And a well placed paper bag over my head — I looked cute in the uniforms. And dammit, that’s ALL I cared about. 

Unfortunately, I was the bitch. I never ever wanted to actually  DO any cheerleading. I voted NO on everything.  So, i guess that looked good on my college resume. 

Superstarrrrrr!

For these and more insights on Cheerleading Matters, follow me. Tap that like button, ring that bell.  😉
    I started watching this last weekend and am up to episode 7(?) I think. I'm sort of locked in because I do want to see where it goes, but I wouldn't say I'm captivated.
    It might be that the cheerleading culture doesn't exist here, I'm not sure?

I am really glad to hear you say these things about cheerleading though because the show is giving me a 'turn off' vibe, which I think is affecting how I feel about the show overall. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshaSundropHedda Gabler
  • I think I need to speak to Showtime’s manager. 
    Ok Karen Whatever - Tony Stark Eye Roll  Make a Meme
    MarshaSundropKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy