Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• How is faith’s acting?
    She is not terrible. You can see an improvement as it goes on. Or maybe you just get used to her. Since they usually film out of order. She is not a natural but I didn't think she was bad. 

Tim McGraw...he was excellent. I don't know if he has ever acted before but I was impressed by him. He is a natural. And Isabel May, I said last week it was her show and it is. 

Sam Elliott is in it too. He is the trail boss and his acting experience is on display, in that he is a major character but he doesn't take over...this is the story of the Duttons. And he lets it be that. 
    Hedda GablerNeesyMarshaGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2022
    I think I’m gonna let all of Killing Eve drop before i watch it. This waiting each week kills me. 😂
    NeesycatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Looking forward to the new season of Outlander coming out next Sunday the 6th of March

Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • cat said:
    How is faith’s acting?
    She is not terrible. You can see an improvement as it goes on. Or maybe you just get used to her. Since they usually film out of order. She is not a natural but I didn't think she was bad. 

Tim McGraw...he was excellent. I don't know if he has ever acted before but I was impressed by him. He is a natural. And Isabel May, I said last week it was her show and it is. 

Sam Elliott is in it too. He is the trail boss and his acting experience is on display, in that he is a major character but he doesn't take over...this is the story of the Duttons. And he lets it be that. 

Pretty sure Tim McGraw played the husband in The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock and he wasn't too bad in that if I recall correctly (never saw him in anything else though)

• edited March 2022
    Suspicion on Apple TV+ -- great cast. Three seemingly unrelated and unlikely British people are arrested on suspicion of traveling to the US for one day to conspire in the kidnapping of an ambassadorial candidate's son. For the Line of Duty fans!
  • I am twenty-one episodes into the “first” season of Dark Shadows. 

Apparently the true first season was so lackluster that  the station was going to pull it off the air unless the ratings picked up.   So, welcome Barnabus and the real Dark Shadows started.  

Twenty-one episodes in, the announcer comes on to inform us the part of the doctor would be played by a new guy. 🤣. 

Instead of just writing a part for a visiting doc, we are told it’s still the same character, but was being played by this new guy while the other actor is ?????

and, there are 40 episodes in this first season. It was a soap opera after all . 
    catGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • NECON was held at Salve Regina University in Newport, R.I. a number of years ago. One of the buildings on campus was famous for its exteriors being used in Dark Shadows. 

GNTLGNTMarshacatNeesy
  • cat said:
    Marsha said:
    Today's dilemma--sign up for AMC on Amazon Prime so I can watch Season 4 of Killing Eve or wait until it eventually comes out in the free version?

Well, crap! Apparently, I forgot to hit Post Comment yesterday. And I still haven't decided what to do about forking out the extra $8.99/month.
    Do you have access to BBC America? That's the channel I'm recording it on. 

Not in Scottsdale (I only do streaming services while I'm here) unless I sign up for Britbox again which I just canceled at the beginning of February. *sigh*

GNTLGNTKurbencatHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited March 2022
    NECON was held at Salve Regina University in Newport, R.I. a number of years ago. One of the buildings on campus was famous for its exteriors being used in Dark Shadows. 

Yes! That is so cool. I think it’s the shot they use in the opening. I will check this out.  It’s really fun revisiting the show. 

Barnabas has a wolf head cane like Linoge in Storm of the Century.  I wonder if that was an influence — or perhaps it goes back further to Dracula. Did he carry that wolf head cane? An homage passed down from creation to creation? 
    catGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Although their are plenty of wolves in Stoker's novel, there's not a single mention of a cane.
    Hedda GablerKurbencatGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Although their are plenty of wolves in Stoker's novel, there's not a single mention of a cane.
    That is a very interesting bit of trivia. I read Dracula but honestly can’t remember any cane being there or not. 

Can I ask why that bit of prop knowledge was in your brain concerning the book?
    KurbencatGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • I found Dracula on Project Gutenberg and searched the text.
  • edited March 2022
    Oh very good. Did lugosi or lee carry a cane in the movies? Do you know that off hand? Now I am curious. Not earth shattering important but a curiosity I am tweaked by now. 
    catGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Just quickly looking at Lee images, i see no cane but a sword?  
    catGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • And not seeing that on lugosi images . 

Again, just a quick look. 
    catGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • I didn’t see this image so thank you.  There it is. 

• ...I have this for when my back acts up....

Direwolf - Fancy Wood Cane - Wolf Walking Stick Canes for Men Women  Fashionable  eBay
    MarshaHedda GablerNeesyKurben
  • I think I’m gonna let all of Killing Eve drop before i watch it. This waiting each week kills me. 😂

Great idea! Think I'll just wait, too, and then can knock it out in a week and it might be on Hulu again so no new subscription cost.
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTKurben
  • Marsha said:
    I think I’m gonna let all of Killing Eve drop before i watch it. This waiting each week kills me. 😂

Great idea! Think I'll just wait, too, and then can knock it out in a week and it might be on Hulu again so no new subscription cost.
    That’s my thoughts. I have access to it now, but i just want what I want. All of them so I can binge. 
    NeesyGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • cat said:
    How is faith’s acting?

Dang. I don’t have the service this is on. 
    NeesyGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...I have this for when my back acts up....

Direwolf - Fancy Wood Cane - Wolf Walking Stick Canes for Men Women  Fashionable  eBay
    That is gorgeous. Do you know artist or did you just find this ?
    NeesyGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • Finished S1 of Yellowjackets - look forward to S2.

BevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...I have this for when my back acts up....

That is gorgeous. Do you know artist or did you just find this ?
    ...it was an eBay find and not at all expensive....quality is good for the cost.....
    Hedda GablerNeesyMarsha