Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• S2 came out maybe a month ago.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • S2 came out maybe a month ago.

That's a mixed blessing of relief but mostly glad that I hadn't watched S2 and totally forgot it. Will wait to see if you think it's worth investing the time as it would mean going back to watch S1 first.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Dexter Ep 5 - getting to that point where several battle lines are being drawn up. An angry father Dexter is struggling with his code and his relationship with his son.  So far, this has been a real return to form for the show. I'd put it close to, but not quite there, with some of the best seasons. Based on the apparent trajectory for the remainder of the season, I am excited to see what happens.

Wheel of Time Ep 5 - more world building but this time on a more personal and relatable level of the bond. In this episode the bond between two peers, that is more than just a working relation but not quite a marriage yet more than a marriage in some ways, is explored. Fascinating and powerful stuff.

GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerMarsha
  • We finished GET BACK last night. The rooftop concert was definitely the centerpiece of the 3-part series, but it's much more appreciated knowing how they got to that point. The earnest young (25 years old) cop trying to put a stop to things was highly amusing.

I have to say I was very impressed with Ringo throughout this series. He hardly ever spoke up, but he was always there, always in the groove, as professional as a session musician. Highly focused and solid.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroLou_SytsmaHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    Yeah, Ringo was very chill the whole time through the documentary.

Finished Season 1 of Chucky. I'm impressed by how the show managed to fill out a season's worth of material without sagging. A lot of it is due to the dark humor - each episode is guaranteed to elicit 3 or 4 chuckles. Brad Dourif is obviously having a blast voicing Chucky again. He's given some great lines of double entendre dialogue. Jennifer Tilly returns too and she chews up the scenery with her over the top zaniness. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • I will try to finish Only Murders in the Building tonight. I've really enjoyed it so far. It has quite a few big name actors in it. My favorite part is the back and forth between Steve Martin and Martin Short. Those guys are great in this.

After that, I'm finally going to watch Midnight Mass.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroMarsha
  • Moved on to S02E01 of Fringe, which has Meghan Markle playing an FBI agent!
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Moved on to S02E01 of Fringe, which has Meghan Markle playing an FBI agent!
    Sometimes i wonder if she's still part of a tvseries only that noone told us its name and why they use so expensive sets. I think the name is Windsors At War.....
    Hedda GablerBevVincentFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Grant87 said:
    I will try to finish Only Murders in the Building tonight. I've really enjoyed it so far. It has quite a few big name actors in it. My favorite part is the back and forth between Steve Martin and Martin Short. Those guys are great in this.

Midnight Mass is great! Hope you enjoy it.
    Hedda GablerNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I enjoyed CSI: VEGAS. Same wonky science and rapid-fire analysis, but it was a good season-long arc and it was great seeing Gil and Sarah together again.
    FlakeNoirMarshaNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:
    I will try to finish Only Murders in the Building tonight. I've really enjoyed it so far. It has quite a few big name actors in it. My favorite part is the back and forth between Steve Martin and Martin Short. Those guys are great in this.

I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I have high hopes.

I finished Only Murders in the Building last night. It's definitely worth checking out. It's only 10 episodes, each around 30-35 minutes, so it's one you can binge easily.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • Watched the miniseries The War Of The Worlds made by BBC. Its only 3 episodes and each is 1 hour long. I dont know if i liked the way of telling the story but i probably preferred it to the movie. Takes place in Edwardian England and the main parts is one man and woman living, what was called anyway, kiving in sin. The man has a wife and they were terrible unhappy from day one but she wont give him a divorce because these things arent done!!I heard that they made an adaption in the states too in a tv series format. Is that any good?? All in all i give it a 3/5
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Grant87 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:

I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I have high hopes.

I finished Only Murders in the Building last night. It's definitely worth checking out. It's only 10 episodes, each around 30-35 minutes, so it's one you can binge easily.

I'll see if I can find this, I'm feeling a binge mood coming on.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • How did they leave Shetland there? When is the new season? Damn them. 

Something I found very interesting, i pay attention to credits. Yeah — i know.  Anyway, new job titles listed in the long line of credited people:

COVID Production Manager
    COVID Supervisor
    COVID Unit Assistants
    COVID Testing Medic
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • It's going to be interesting to see how they did The Amazing Race during COVID. They had to abandon after 2 episodes in early 2020 and then picked up again with a whole different way of doing things for the rest of the season, 18 months later.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • It's going to be interesting to see how they did The Amazing Race during COVID. They had to abandon after 2 episodes in early 2020 and then picked up again with a whole different way of doing things for the rest of the season, 18 months later.
    Yes, how will they accomplish that?
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Sounds like a lot of effort, cooperation and care was taken to resume. I applaud everyone who just did their best and the right things to continue to be safe for everyone. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirBevVincentMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Started The War of The Worlds. A french tv-series that is populated by both french and english actors. Most of the action takes place in France but some in england. It is a looser adaption of Wells story than the miniseries i saw earlier. It is placed in the present time and not back in time. It has three seasons i see and each with 8 episodes. I've just seen the first two episodes of the first season and it is clear these aliens are not here to make nice. But it is better told than the other series, you follow several groups as they try to survive in an altered world. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • We started the final season of Lost in Space last nights. Thrills and chills aplenty!
    MarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Started The War of The Worlds. A french tv-series that is populated by both french and english actors. Most of the action takes place in France but some in england. It is a looser adaption of Wells story than the miniseries i saw earlier. It is placed in the present time and not back in time. It has three seasons i see and each with 8 episodes. I've just seen the first two episodes of the first season and it is clear these aliens are not here to make nice. But it is better told than the other series, you follow several groups as they try to survive in an altered world. 
    ....Three seasons?....I would have thought the French would have surrendered in the first episode..... :D
    MarshaKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • We started the final season of Lost in Space last nights. Thrills and chills aplenty!
    Look forward to your thoughts. Really enjoyed the final season.

Dexter:New Blood - Ep 6 - keeping it vague to avoid spoilers. Suffice it to say, more plates are a spinning and more story lines are converging. Tension levels continue to be ratcheted up. Great season, so far. The Dexter/Harrison - father/son dynamic is really keeping things interesting as it constantly puts Dexter off-balance and behaving recklessly.
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Lost in Space -- so far so good. We're not binging, only an episode or two at a time, but I like the way it's progressing. I liked it the way they resolved the asteroid belt problem--no one was totally right or wrong, but they both contributed to the solution. Lots of great robot action, too.

Fringe -- I was really thrown for a loop in S2E11 when Charlie showed up again. Turns out it was an unaired episode from Season 1 they decided to stick in the middle of Season 2, but it made no sense whatsoever from a continuity perspective. 
    MarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    Hellbound - on Netflix. This is a Korean 6 episode series from director - Yeon Sang-ho   - of the excellent, Last Train To Busan and the less successful sequel - Peninsula.

The concept of Hellbound is fascinating. People begin to receive 'angelic' premonitions that in a few days they will be taken to hell. Sure enough on the pre-ordained time, three 'demons' appear to claim their prize. The demons look very CGI-ish but that is offset by the brutality used to claim the victim. Think three Hulks going to town. All of which is being recorded and streamed by networks and bystanders on their cell phones. It's very unsettling to watch unfold.

Reactions to these "abductions" cause many reactions - panic and religious fervor to name a few. There is a cult like figure who has been warning the world about God's anger over humanity's sins for over 10 years. There is a cop whose wife was murdered and the killer was given a reduced sentence due to certain circumstances. And so much more including exploration of themes based on free will versus destiny.

We are three episodes in and have no idea where the show is going next - love it when that happens. Are these beings truly supernatural? Are they aliens? Are they from the future? What's the end game?

Fascinating stuff.
    Notaro