Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Hi Missy, good to see you.
     @SusanNorton
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • TLC has a show coming on called Body Parts. 

This is show where an artist specializing in artificial body parts helps people.  Noses, eyes, ears. I know I’m going to spend the whole show crying.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • ....I have a part that needs replaced.....just sayin'.....
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • It was an amazing show. Giving people back some semblance of normality. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Plugging along with S4 of Yellowstone. It's becoming predictable as the hardening of the creative arteries set in.

Watched the first episode to The Outlaws on Amazon Prime. A British show about a diverse group of people that, with one exception, have committed small crimes. It reminds of The Misfits series from a few years back. The characters all come from various backgrounds and are assigned together for 100 hours of community service which involves restoring a community center. On the surface, they represent cliche types - liberal, left wing, social media movers, nerd, bad boy, and one character who doesn't fit any stereotype.

The cast is good and the big surprise is the real true criminal in the group is played by Christopher Walken.

The show is unique and fresh. And funny.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited April 2022
    Still working my way through Chris Hadfield’s Masterclass . Very moving and inspirational. 

I’ve added ‘Ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro to the mix. I started his class long ago, but got interrupted. I thought I had finished  his class but I had not. I just realized this so finishing up his class. He is adorably passionate. What a talent. 

Halfway through “season” 5 of Dark Shadows.  Fun blooper yesterday, a stagehand moves across the bottom of a scene.   I totally see why Judy and Mickey were so successful with their barn shows. They had to be better. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited April 2022
    The Oscars have banned Will Smith for 10 years. 

I also agree that they can’t take his oscar. That was a predetermined win before the show even happened and totally unrelated to the slap. 

The decision is fair. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Plugging along with S4 of Yellowstone. It's becoming predictable as the hardening of the creative arteries set in.

Watched the first episode to The Outlaws on Amazon Prime. A British show about a diverse group of people that, with one exception, have committed small crimes. It reminds of The Misfits series from a few years back. The characters all come from various backgrounds and are assigned together for 100 hours of community service which involves restoring a community center. On the surface, they represent cliche types - liberal, left wing, social media movers, nerd, bad boy, and one character who doesn't fit any stereotype.

The cast is good and the big surprise is the real true criminal in the group is played by Christopher Walken.

The show is unique and fresh. And funny.
    I thoroughly enjoyed Misfits, I'll check out The Outlaws when time permits.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • The Oscars have banned Will Smith for 10 years. 

I also agree that they can’t take his oscar. That was a predetermined win before the show even happened and totally unrelated to the slap. 

The decision is fair. 
    ....I think it should be a new category....Best Bitch Slap...... :D
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • I will not quit Dark Shadows. I will not quit Dark Shadows. I will not quit Dark Shadows. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Not a tv show, but i just love these Progressive insurance  commercials about people turning into their parents. I chuckle because I see hints of myself. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I will not quit Dark Shadows. I will not quit Dark Shadows. I will not quit Dark Shadows. 
    Oh lord. If you are familiar with The Californians skit on SNL, we just had a Dark Shadows version. I guffawed. Yes. I blurted out a guffawish HA! 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Not a tv show, but i just love these Progressive insurance  commercials about people turning into their parents. I chuckle because I see hints of myself. 

....the one about leaving the concert early to beat traffic?.....yeah, guilty as hell....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • They make me laugh. If it’s not me, i personally know someone it is. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ....yeppur...me too....I'm a human meme....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....yeppur...me too....I'm a human meme....
    Meme too. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • King mentioned a show - Severance - on Apple TV. The premise is one agrees to undergo a procedure to have their memories bifurcated so that they don't remember what they do at work. One episode in and it's hard to say where this is going. The technology to do such a procedure seems beyond current day yet the show in look and style appears to be taking place in the 1980s.  

Fascinating stuff. Early impressions are The Prisoner - I am not a number! I am a man! - vibes.

Watched the second episode of The Outlaws. Things are amping and everyone's lives are becoming dangerously entangled - unbeknownst to any of them.  Walken is a hoot!
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....yeppur...me too....I'm a human meme....
    Meme too. 

....Meme us up Scotty!!....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir

• An Agatha Christie adaptation written and directed by Hugh Laurie!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • Watching now. Started with a little Jack Torrance music. At least i think it was shining music.,
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2022
    Galloped through all 8 episodes of Severance! This is truly a binge show as each episode ends on a holy shit! cliffhanger.

As does the season finale. :( 

Now the wait for Season Two begins.

Haven't been this invested in a show in quite a while. Kinda of like Lost in its heyday.

Highly recommended.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I am concerned. I read Amazon? I think it was Amazon, is going to take over the free service of IDMB or IbdM or idon’tknowtheorder. 

I watch my Dark Shadows there. Do NOT mess with Dark Shadows or my free viewing of said show.  I am trying so hard to at least get to Quentin Collins arrival — those are the episodes I remember as a kid.  I always thought he was such a handsome werewolf.  (There. Wolf. There. Castle.)  get that reference and you are gold. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT