Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Hello? Somebody?

🥺
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2022
    Noho!!! Please tell me noho is okay. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • 10 minutes. TEN. DAMN. MINUTES. 

Paused. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • 6 minutes. 

Pause. 
    GNTLGNT
  • 4 minutes. 

I can’t. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • 4 minutes and holding . 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Fitbit showing 100 heartbeats a minute. And that was after 10ish minutes calming myself down. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • Going back in. Wish me God speed . 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2022
    Okay, had some predictions, didn’t happen. 

Not sure how I feel about this end. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Its Not So Bad Though GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    No. It’s a terrific show. I’m processing this end. I knew what two characters were going to do. And they did. 
     I expected something from another character and it didn’t happen. 
    I thought something with Barry and it didn’t happen.  

When I finished last episode, I thought that was it for the series.  I did not realize there was a season 4 in the works — so that definitely shifts my thinking now. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    No. It’s a terrific show. I’m processing this end. I knew what two characters were going to do. And they did. 

When I finished last episode, I thought that was it for the series.  I did not realize there was a season 4 in the works — so that definitely shifts my thinking now. 
    ....gotcha... I had no idea...never seen the show....just being my usual sweet wise ass self....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:

I still have a few Barry's to go, reading your posts had my heart rate elevating too. I'll try to watch the rest this weekend. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • I need to make an addendum to my Derek posts earlier, I hadn't watched all the way through to the end so spoke too soon about Geoff the maintenance man. His time came too and he evolved, I take back my earlier judgement of him.

Ricky has incredible acting and storytelling skills, he really does. This was a very emotional show for me.
    (Thanks for the recommendation, Irish.)
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Depends on your definition of okay -- let's just say there will be a fourth season.

It's an amazing episode and Hader is an underappreciated genius. Some of the ways he chooses to show things is so clever. 

But there aren't many chuckles in this episode. It's grim as grim can be.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited June 2022
    Grim. Yes. 

I see people write that word here or there. 

The first time I actually heard it used outside of a book is when a doctor sat across from my mom and me and my family and said,
    ”Things are looking grim.” 

My dad died within the hour. 

And on that unhappy note….  Everyone have a not-grim day. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited June 2022
    Season 2 trailer for Only Murders in the Building — Hulu — looks so wickedly delicious.

June 28th!!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Grim. Yes. 

The first time I actually heard it used outside of a book is when a doctor sat across from my mom and me and my family and said,

It must be a doctor thing? I've had that same conversation, not a father.. a baby.
    I'm so sorry for your introduction to that word. 🥺😥💜
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Grim. Yes. 

....I have used the same word in my career....to me, it seemed the least oppressive word to convey bad news....because, ultimately-there is no easy way to do it if you have a heart....
    FlakeNoirKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Grim. Yes. 

It must be a doctor thing? I've had that same conversation, not a father.. a baby.
    I'm so sorry for your introduction to that word. 🥺😥💜
    You too. That’s just sad. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Grim. Yes. 

....I have used the same word in my career....to me, it seemed the least oppressive word to convey bad news....because, ultimately-there is no easy way to do it if you have a heart....
    I can’t imagine having to use that word to actual people coming to terms with grim. 

I’m sorry you have to do that, but I know you do it with the sensitivity they need. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • I have Jeff Bridges The Old Man in my queue. If anyone watches, let me know what you think. 

I believe it is Hulu
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Flakers, i think you finished season 2 Russian Doll?

I am hating it. I’ve watched 2 episodes.  Just tell me: 

Does she get the damn coins back? Tell me everything. I don’t know if I’m going to keep going with it. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Flakers, i think you finished season 2 Russian Doll?

I am hating it. I’ve watched 2 episodes.  Just tell me: 

Does she get the damn coins back? Tell me everything. I don’t know if I’m going to keep going with it. 

Oh my Lord... it's not until someone asks you a question like this that you truly realise how flurked up and unreliable your once pristine memory has lately become.
    😔

I want to say she didn't... I mean she did, but then had to make a choice between carrying it through water or dropping the baby, essentially herself, into the water. Money or the babe. 
    At least I think that's what happened. 🤔

I liked this season, it took a few episodes to get into it, but then I was hooked in. 

You are a more discerning audience than I am though, so maybe things are jarring you that I just kinda said "right-o" to?

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I'm having a hard time with Russian Doll S2 as well. I put it aside to watch Borgen: Power & Glory, which I'm liking.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler