Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited August 2022
    Sat through all 8 episodes of this Resident Evil series on Netflix.

So....to give a brief review....it's crap.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbencat
  • Notaro said:
    Sat through all 8 episodes of this Resident Evil series on Netflix.

So....to give a brief review....it's crap.

Welp. This was in my queue. Now gone. 😄
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Started The Orville: New Horizons (aka Season 3) -- hearing lots of great things about it and the first episode did not disappoint.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • Season 11 Dark Shadows. Houston, we finally have werewolf. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocat
  • Disney Plus — LOKI. 

i’m enjoying this. Watching with my son. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocat
  • Season 11 Dark Shadows. Houston, we finally have werewolf. 
    Apollo Mission Control Center...wherewolf?..... :D
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoircat
  • edited August 2022
    There. Wolf. 😂
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • I’ll be watching Sandman this weekend. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNotaro
  • The Orville: New Horizons season finale was really heartwarming.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNotaro
  • Watched the first episode of The Sandman....   The jury is still out. I need to see a few more episodes.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched the first episode of The Sandman....   The jury is still out. I need to see a few more episodes.
    Have you read the comic, kurben? I have not so I thought it was pretty good. 

If you didn’t see my message in podcast thread, neil gives the best interview i’ve ever heard him give and among other things, it’s sandman centric.   The podcast is called WTF with Marc Maron and it is free. 

I guess apparently characters are different from the comic. He said that when they were casting parts, they looked at each character and said, “does this role have to be a man or a woman?  Does this character have to be a certain skin color?  And they cast from their answer. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched the first episode of The Sandman....   The jury is still out. I need to see a few more episodes.
    Have you read the comic, kurben? I have not so I thought it was pretty good. 

If you didn’t see my message in podcast thread, neil gives the best interview i’ve ever heard him give and among other things, it’s sandman centric.   The podcast is called WTF with Marc Maron and it is free. 

I guess apparently characters are different from the comic. He said that when they were casting parts, they looked at each character and said, “does this role have to be a man or a woman?  Does this character have to be a certain skin color?  And they cast from their answer. 
    I havent read the comic. Heard of it but never came across it. We'll see how it develops. I can see it going in many directions.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Been too busy for much TV watching but I am still trying. 😀 I just finished season 3 of Stranger Things, I had previously gotten sidetracked and never finished it so started over from the beginning. Ready to start season 4. 

Am a few episodes behind on Better Call Saul. 

Watching The Terminal List on prime with hubby. He was also delighted to hear about the Beavis and Butthead reboot on paramount so we watched the 1st episode of that. Dumb as I remember...but it did make me laugh out loud one time. 🙄🙃 

And I'm behind on AGT but will get caught up because it makes me smile and feel good. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • cat said:
    Been too busy for much TV watching but I am still trying. 😀 I just finished season 3 of Stranger Things, I had previously gotten sidetracked and never finished it so started over from the beginning. Ready to start season 4. 

Am a few episodes behind on Better Call Saul. 

Watching The Terminal List on prime with hubby. He was also delighted to hear about the Beavis and Butthead reboot on paramount so we watched the 1st episode of that. Dumb as I remember...but it did make me laugh out loud one time. 🙄🙃 

And I'm behind on AGT but will get caught up because it makes me smile and feel good. 
    I went back to the beginning of Stranger Things too and recently finished the 4th season. I really enjoyed this show, yes sometimes it's aimed at a younger audience and one or two characters irked me off and on, but overall I thought it was great. 

I've found Six Feet Under in it's entirety and have watched a couple of episodes about a week ago.  Sometimes I have a little viewing break for no really apparent reason and am currently in one of these. I'll go back to it soon though, I think it's going to draw me in.
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Seen more of Sandman now. I call it good, not great. It has some good acting and some great visualization but in parts i think it has a pacing problem. Some scenes take much too long. I'll also mention that i dont know if its faithful or not to the comic, perhaps those scenes take long time in the comic? Anyway, all the references to myths of different kinds is very much in Gaimans line so i think they are not changed in any way.
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...been methodically working my way through the various iterations with these guys...paranormal, with a whole lot of funny....

Watch Ghost Brothers Season 1  Prime Video
    Hedda GablerNotarocatKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Re-watching Jack The Ripper
    A two part mini-series starring Michael Caine, Jane Seymour, Lewis Collins, Armand Assante, Ray McAnally.

Enjoyable telling of the Ripper case, good performances. 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Re-watching Jack The Ripper
    A two part mini-series starring Michael Caine, Jane Seymour, Lewis Collins, Armand Assante, Ray McAnally.

Enjoyable telling of the Ripper case, good performances. 

This is in my queue of Michael Caine’s. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Finished Crime, The Tower and 35 Days — all Britbox. 

Of the 3, I really enjoyed the 4 seasons of 35 Days.  So twisty and fun. Suspend disbelief on some technical things, but don’t for one minute suspend disbelief on human nature. 

If anyone watches it , don’t go into it expecting every mystery to be solved. You can make guesses on certain plot lines, but there are so many twists and secrets, they force you to be a player too. 

Finished up Westworld. This season was a lot of love and a bit of hate. Still thinking about it all. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Okay— i am trying very hard to watch Better Call Saul. I have one episode of season one left.

it’s not that it’s not good, it’s great storytelling. I just get so worried for the underdogs. People are loving the ending.  No spoilers please, but I hope I love it too. 
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okay— i am trying very hard to watch Better Call Saul. I have one episode of season one left.

it’s not that it’s not good, it’s great storytelling. I just get so worried for the underdogs. People are loving the ending.  No spoilers please, but I hope I love it too. 
    I hope you stick with it and fall in love with it. I haven't watched the finale yet so I'm avoiding spoilers too, as best I can. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    I know i will, i loved breaking bad and i hear the quality is just as good. Do you think so cat?
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNT
  • I know i will, i loved breaking bad and i hear the quality is just as good. Do you think so cat?
    I do think so! This final season has been phenomenal. I have become very attached to the characters over the years. It is hard to know it is finished now. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy