Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• I started Kleo last night on SK's recommendation. I was in East Berlin in '86, just before the events of the first episode. Passing through Checkpoint Charlie and spending over a week behind the Iron Curtain was a memorable time.
    This is fascinating. I’d love to hear more about this experience. Is there an interview out there where you talk about this in more detail? 

Were you scared ?
    FlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Stranger Things watchers. 

I am on episode 5, season 2. I have figured out why I’ve stalled on this show.  Triggers. A laundry list of them. Kids. Bullies. Animals. Old People.  Vulnerable people. This show has them all, at the same time!!!!  The kitchen sink of anxiety is in every scene. 

Someone tell me, is the cop guy going to be okay? Is this Will kid going to be okay? Is El going to be okay?  Is sean Astin going to be okay ?  

The dog is not okay. El’s mom, not okay. The bullies can be taken out brutally for all I care. 

Headed to Ink Masters for a palette cleanse . 
    FlakeNoircatNotaro
  • edited August 2022
    I watched the first episode of House of the Dragon -- I'm definitely on board.
    Also the first two of She-Hulk. I like that it doesn't take itself at all seriously. Plus Tatian Maslany rocks.
    My kid has She-Hulk lined up for us. We have to get through Jessica Jones (which has David Tennant, so that’s a whole bunch of win), Daredevil (we are currently working our way through both). 

Once done with them, he says we will watch Luke Cage (i think that’s the name and I have no  clue who this is) and then She-Hulk. 

When he told me she is a lawyer, i said, you’re shitting me, yes?  It reminded me of SNL’s Caveman Lawyer. 

Your.  World. Confuses. Me. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage

Power Man - Luke Cage - Marvel Comics - Older character profile -  Writeupsorg
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Stranger Things watchers. 

I am on episode 5, season 2. I have figured out why I’ve stalled on this show.  Triggers. A laundry list of them. Kids. Bullies. Animals. Old People.  Vulnerable people. This show has them all, at the same time!!!!  The kitchen sink of anxiety is in every scene. 

Someone tell me, is the cop guy going to be okay? Is this Will kid going to be okay? Is El going to be okay?  Is sean Astin going to be okay ?  

The dog is not okay. El’s mom, not okay. The bullies can be taken out brutally for all I care. 

Okay, on last episode of season 2 Stranger Things. 

Woman in a bathtub with a romance novel — it would have been amazing if it would’ve been that Stephen king romance cover. I would’ve tripped balls. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbencatNotaro
  • I think I have one season of Jessica Jones left. I met Krysten Ritter at Comicpalooza in Houston several years ago. She's written a very good crime novel, too.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    We went back to the beginning of Ozark and finished up the last episode tonight.

Excuse me for just a moment...

Can’t read your spoiler flakers. I haven’t seen Ozark but hope to eventually. 
    Oh do watch when you can Deejers, it's so .... engaging.  I had very vocal responses throughout the whole series. 
    Not much more I can say, but please do watch if you can.
    (so you know, if you see a thumbs-up from me on a TV show with a spoiler, it means I haven't read your spoiler 😃)
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatNotaro
  • I started Kleo last night on SK's recommendation. I was in East Berlin in '86, just before the events of the first episode. Passing through Checkpoint Charlie and spending over a week behind the Iron Curtain was a memorable time.
    This is fascinating. I’d love to hear more about this experience. Is there an interview out there where you talk about this in more detail? 

Were you scared ?
    It sounds absolutely terrifying. 
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited August 2022
    Stranger Things watchers. 

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    I don't remember the dog! Why don't I remember the dog???!
    Not really
    Stuff the bullies
    And in the last season... I cried.
    Maybe the second or third season too. Third I think.

GNTLGNTHedda GablercatNotaro

Were you scared ?
    I don't think I've talked about it in any interviews. I was nervous and suspicious that I was probably being watched the whole time. On the other hand, I was surprised that I could go through the three-stage gauntlet that was Checkpoint Charlie to get into the country and then pop out the other side and  was completely free to do whatever I wanted -- get on a train, travel to Leipzig -- without anyone questioning me further. I expected someone would ask me for "my papers" at every turn. No one did. It was unsettling to have to surrender my passport to the local police after my mandatory visit to the kreisbüro when I checked into my hotel.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNotaroLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Stranger Things watchers. 

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    I don't remember the dog! Why don't I remember the dog???!
    Not really
    Stuff the bullies
    And in the last season... I cried.
    Maybe the second or third season too. Third I think.

Cat. Not dog. I got rattled. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNotaro
  • edited August 2022
    Season 3 of Stranger Things.

oh my lord, I am  laughing , i love this sheriff. His jim croce, big jim moment. 

Also the pool and cars/phoebe cates. 

Love the music choices. Very Valley Girl, totally tubular. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Loved the series finale of Better Call Saul. Perfection. 

Just watched the series finale of Animal Kingdom. Anyone else watch this? I did not like it. I did enjoy the last few seasons with the flashbacks, I thought those were great...but the finale seemed rushed. I had an idea where some of it would go but not all. I didn't like it. 

Still watching AGT but they have gotten rid of the semi final rounds this year. So only 2 acts out if 11 go to the finals. A lot of really talented people are only getting one chance to perform. Not crazy about that change. 

Need to get back to Stranger Things. Still haven't started season 4. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • edited August 2022
    Welcome to Wrexham — hulu. 

This one is going to make me cry. Anytime I see genuine lifting someone up, in this case a community, I’m goo. And I’m Welsh. 🙂❤️

Acts of kindness tear me up. 
    GNTLGNTcatKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....me too....I'm a sarcastic pile of sentimental mush....
    catKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited August 2022
    I thought this was a movie so dropped it in wrong thread. It’s a series. Watched the first one. Very quick episodes. I’m on board. 

The Patient — hulu 

Looks good! Steve Carell, not a comedy!!!
    catKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited September 2022
    The Devil in Ohio. Netflix
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • edited September 2022
    Storm of the Century — Hulu i am ecstatic!!!!!

one of my top five Stephen King’s on screen. 

Attention Stephen King:

if you happen to read Bev’s site, please please please answer this. I’ve asked it since the scene first aired. No one would take the question to you for me. 

Why is Billy Soames the only person on Little Tall who is able to defy Linoge? He wants him to kill Kat, but he resists. Linoge is furious and has Kat kill him. How did he not do it when everyone else is under his spell and cannot fight it, that urge, and why Billy?

(mike anderson sees through him, but Linoge plays with him like a mouse. Doesn’t really test mike or use mike the same way.)
    I guess He needed at least one person to challenge him to make it fun? That’s always been interesting too. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTNotarocatNeesy
  • edited September 2022
    Yes, The Storm of the Century news is great!

Echo @FlakeNoir 's thoughts on Ozark. Just finished it a couple of weeks ago. That show really entertained and pissed me off at the same time. Well done!

Watched the first two episodes of Amazon's LOTR show. Enjoyed it, not blown away, but it's early days. It definitely looks gorgeous.

Watched the first episode of Season 3 of Locke & Key. Not really feeling it. Not sure if I will continue watching it or not. The concept feels played out because of what happened in the first two seasons. There has been little to no buzz about it.

I'll wait on House of Dragons until its run is done. If they stick the landing on the final season then I'll watch. Not going through that experience again until word-of-mouth on the final season is good.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotarocatNeesy
  • The Devil in Ohio. Netflix
    Ditto....
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    The Devil in Ohio. Netflix
    Ditto....
    You mean GNT??
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Doesn't this look like fun?

Lou_SytsmacatGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerGrant87
  • edited September 2022
    How about this for fun?!

The Peripheral does look fun too.
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • House of the Dragon, episode three -- terrific!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • I've been watching The Terminal List on Prime Video. Really enjoying it. I read the book recently and loved it. I'm planning to buy the rest of the books in the series now. There are a good amount of changes in the show, but still worth a watch if you're looking for a good espionage/military action thriller.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir