Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Anyone a game of thrones watcher and reader? Just started the series — i know nothing about it. How closely does the show follow the books?
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Anyone a game of thrones watcher and reader? Just started the series — i know nothing about it. How closely does the show follow the books?
    I have only seen a few seasons, I thought they were really good, but be prepared for some gore. Also don't get attached to favourite characters. 
    I had heard that eventually George R R Martin was having to hurry up and write to stay ahead of the new series each year. I don't know for sure, but perhaps book and series are quite close?
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • They are fairly close up til a point. Martin has yet to finish the book series. He has, i think written 5 books with two more planned. The series are reasonably close up to season 5 then they go on ahead. According to Martin the continuation are not really as he had planned it. We'll have to wait for book 6 to appear to know. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • I'm watching the BBC Baby Chimp Rescue. Oh my goodness, this is incredible.  They are amazing, beautiful and wondrous little beings.
    These people are doing fantastic work. Very emotional stuff. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Started watching 'Them' on Amazon.  SK recommended it.  Starts off very good.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Watching season 1 of "The Break" and can I just say...?

Episode 6 of S1 spoiler and maybe a swear word or two. 

Why the fuuu*uck do TV, film and book writers think it's a good idea to kill off the animals in hideous and grotesque ways?!

Alright, I know why, I'm exhibit A after all, just a great reaction, right?

Fu@king stop doing this! You're ruining perfectly good stories for me... and others. Jerks! 

Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Watching season 1 of "The Break" and can I just say...?

Why the fuuu*uck do TV, film and book writers think it's a good idea to kill off the animals in hideous and grotesque ways?!

Fu@king stop doing this! You're ruining perfectly good stories for me... and others. Jerks! 

I’m frozen at episode 6. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Anyone watch the show Cracker with Robbie coltrane? Thoughts? 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

I’m frozen at episode 6. 
    The dog? 🥺

I pushed on with it and finished season one this afternoon. It was really good, lots of twists and turns. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Anyone watch the show Cracker with Robbie coltrane? Thoughts? 
    Loved Cracker -- Coltrane was fantastic in it.
    FlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

I’m frozen at episode 6. 
    The dog? 🥺

I pushed on with it and finished season one this afternoon. It was really good, lots of twists and turns. 
    I can’t remember why — it’s been so long since i was watching it. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • it’s been so long since i was watching it.

Best Thats What She Said GIFs  Gfycat
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • I love LUTHER -- this parody is hilarious.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyNotaro
  • I love LUTHER -- this parody is hilarious.

That was great. I love people who can have fun, poke fun at themselves.  Really well done. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Started watching a SciFi series called Travelers - seems pretty good so far, but I came in on episode 3 of season 1 - I don't have Netflix so just watching it on a channel called Showcase

BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • I really enjoyed Travelers. Steve recommended it to me because of an episode that takes place on an airplane -- that was when we were working on Flight or Fright. It was canceled after the third season, alas.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I really enjoyed Travelers. Steve recommended it to me because of an episode that takes place on an airplane -- that was when we were working on Flight or Fright. It was canceled after the third season, alas.
    ....cuz the book frightened the show runners.... ;)
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • Thriller - Yours Truly Jack The Ripper

FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2021
    Season 2 trailer

NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I want to see this Ted Lasso.

Anyone watch The Flight Attendant?  worth the time?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I want to see this Ted Lasso.

Anyone watch The Flight Attendant?  worth the time?
    It's cute -- my wife got bored with it after one episode, but I watched the whole thing.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I quite liked The Flight Attendant. Never took itself too seriously and still served up a fastpaced mystery. Thought Kaley Cuoco was good in the lead. This was the first i've seen of her outside Big Bang Theory.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    What is the name of this show? Father ted? Mrs doyle? I’m gonna see if it’s on brit box.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    What is the name of this show? Father ted? Mrs doyle? I’m gonna see if it’s on brit box.
    It's called Father Ted. It ran for three seasons and finished due to the untimely death of it's star Dermot Morgan. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyKurbenHedda Gabler