Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Marsha said:
    Marsha said:
    Watched The Lost Pirate Kingdom on Netflix. Took me back to Black Sails. I wasn't sure how accurate that show was but seems like it followed the real-life events fairly closely. Still fictionalized and many things changed or added to, of course, but closer than I realized at the time.
    I have this in my queue . Do you recommend it? 

It went into the politics of how piracy came about which I didn't know as much about before then. Honestly can't say if having watched Black Sails before this made a difference with how much I enjoyed it, though. I liked the format of dramatizations mixed with interviews of real people to give context but that doesn't appeal to everyone as it can interrupt the flow.
    So more documentary right? I like documentaries, i’ve not seen black sails.   

Yes, documentary but done with dramatizations and interviews.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • It looks good. 
    MarshaNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I've started The One.

Two Sentence Horror Stories season 2

The Sinner, season 3

The Trial -- this one has started out very interesting.  Hope it holds.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • theKidd12 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    theKidd12 said:
    Well I just finished season 3 of Mr Mercedes tonight...
    Enjoyed all three immensely...
    Yeah I know...
    Ain't been around much...
    I'll try and do better...
    ....don't tease us with a good time!....
    So...
    you liked to be teased with a bad time???

...define "bad"......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshatheKidd12Neesy
  • What the hell is going on in season 3 of the sinner? I’m just baffled as all get out. I’m not even guessing anymore. It’s sucked the soul out of me.

On episode 6. It and 2 more to go. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited March 2021
    The Sinner season 3

You have got to be kidding me.

starting episode 7. I’ve got to ride this  thing out now. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Is anyone watching the season 3 of The Sinner that just dropped on Netflux?  Thoughts?

i have not watched the first two seasons but jumped in on three. Seems to be pretty good. It’s nice to see Bill pullman 
    Season 3 is very good. Season 1 is excellent. Season 2 is not bad. They're all very different in theme and story -- Pullman is the one constant.
    Well bev, you and i watched two different shows apparently .   I thought season 3 was terrible.  Just terrible. There are lots of shows you suspend disbelief, but this was filled with so much ridiculous, i just couldn’t embrace it at all. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Is anyone watching the season 3 of The Sinner that just dropped on Netflux?  Thoughts?

i have not watched the first two seasons but jumped in on three. Seems to be pretty good. It’s nice to see Bill pullman 
    Season 3 is very good. Season 1 is excellent. Season 2 is not bad. They're all very different in theme and story -- Pullman is the one constant.
    Well bev, you and i watched two different shows apparently .   I thought season 3 was terrible.  Just terrible. There are lots of shows you suspend disbelief, but this was filled with so much ridiculous, i just couldn’t embrace it at all. 
    Watch S1, it's good. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • 😳😳😳
    The Sinner S2
    I need to know, is the calf going to be okay?  It's not, is it? 🥺
    I need to know this stuff before I start watching... no to the animal deaths/hurting/maiming...arghhh. Merde.

@Notaro
    MarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • We watched Matthew McConaughey's fundraiser for Texans impacted by the deep freeze last night. Lots of great music. This is a cool way to attend a concert -- performers record themselves at home or in a studio and then they're chained together with profiles and interviews. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    NotaroMarshaKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • We finally got to see 63 Up, which is available on BritBox
    NotaroMarshaFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2021
    We finally got to see 63 Up, which is available on BritBox
    i look at that service almost every day to add. I think this might seal the deal to do it. I love British tv, so i think i’m sold knowing that’s on there, along with all the other great stuff they have.  

Any surprises with the 63 Up ?
    NotaroMarshaFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Has anyone watched Case Histories?  Thoughts?
    NotaroFlakeNoircatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I liked it. Jason Isaacs is a good Jackson Brodie and I always enjoy seeing Amanda Abbington.
  • I liked it. Jason Isaacs is a good Jackson Brodie and I always enjoy seeing Amanda Abbington.
    I watched the first episode and i really liked it. I’m trying to figure out his deal. What’s the angle? Or maybe there just isn’t one.  I’m always trying  to figure out how they are manipulating me. I’ve gotta stop doing this. 

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. 
    FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I highly recommend the book by Kate Atkinson...there are several featuring Brodie. She's a marvelous writer.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotarocatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Guys, Resident Alien is on Hulu. I really recommend this and i think cat would too.

It is clever and witty. Just fun.
  • Can someone tell me (and please forgive me if this has been talked about already, i’m on my phone and hard to maneuver site) 

does the Mr. Mercedes show seasons follow the books? I’ve read the first book — am i safe to watch first season?  And so on — when i read second book, can i watch second season ? Etc...,
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • S1 = Mr. Mercedes
    S2 = End of Watch (book 3)
    S3 = Finders Keepers (book 2)
    FlakeNoircatKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Yes
    Did you watch the special, 7 Up & Me? That looks like it could be interesting. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Yes
    No -- I missed that one. I'll have to check it out.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Yes
    No -- I missed that one. I'll have to check it out.
    I’m pulling the trigger today— i pity the fool who tries to get between me and my Britbox. 
    GNTLGNTMarshaKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Is anyone watching the season 3 of The Sinner that just dropped on Netflux?  Thoughts?

Watch S1, it's good. 
    How’s it going on your watching? Did you make it past a calf incident of some sort????

i have a feeling that maybe watching the first two seasons might have endeared me to bill Pullman’s character better. Maybe everything  we see about him in the first two seasons explains his actions in the third. 

While it was okay to jump into this in the third season story wise as they are separate things, his character development was not. That was an ongoing thing.  I didn’t give the character fair justice by skipping the first two seasons. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT