Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    OMG!!! The start of episode two... 
    I’ve watched 3 minutes of episode 2 and tapped out for now. I will watch it, but it’s going to take a lot of startings and  stoppings.
    Right?!!! The bit you stopped it at thank God didn't last too long. But it was brutal. 
    Some of this is just way too hard. The manipulation stuff mostly. 
    I’m getting ready to start episode 4.  It is slow going. I watch about 10 minutes at a time, stopping for 4 or 5 hours  between those chunks. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Anyone watching Bridgerton?  I’m intrigued but haven’t committed.  

Started one called Equinox. First episode was okay, i have guesses that are boring so hopefully it surprises me with the unexpected. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I’ve watched 3 minutes of episode 2 and tapped out for now. I will watch it, but it’s going to take a lot of startings and  stoppings.
    Right?!!! The bit you stopped it at thank God didn't last too long. But it was brutal. 
    I’m getting ready to start episode 4.  It is slow going. I watch about 10 minutes at a time, stopping for 4 or 5 hours  between those chunks. 
    I'm on episode 4 too. This is awful, I  mean... it's very well done. But the story is awful, I'm struggling. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I'm on episode 4 too. This is awful, I  mean... it's very well done. But the story is awful, I'm struggling. 
    You and Hedda have almost persuaded me to try it. I'm so curious. I mean... What is so awful that two toughies like you two cant stand it? I got to find out.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    You and Hedda have almost persuaded me to try it. I'm so curious. I mean... What is so awful that two toughies like you two cant stand it? I got to find out.
    It's a shocker Kurben, just awfully abusive. 🥺
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2020
    The thing that is ticking me off about veronica:

This woman is in a very abusive relationship.  It is obvious as hell just by how she talks, what she says — but Veronica calls her on the phone , shows up at her door, cruises her neighbor to catch her outside.

yes, the one time she visited inside her house, she makes a comment that she knows he’s working but the jeopardy she placed her in, when he could walk in that door any second, was irresponsible.  
    And, this capitan chick, wow. Veronica needs an HR department. That boss lady is mental and arrogant. and I love the professional off-the-shoulder ensemble she wears to work.  

The humiliation and condescension she uses to inspire the troops is so uplifting! NOT.  Maybe being a woman in brazil in authority— being an asshole might be a cultural thing. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited January 2021
    Been watching Derek.  It is heartwarming and lovely at times, but it also makes me nervous.  I don’t like watching people being taken advantage of, so i always worry for the elderly characters and Derek.

i cannot stand the guy who plays Kev. He is a lowlife disgusting weirdo and i don’t find him remotely entertaining.  This actor plays the same type in Afterlife and I think he ruins the show when they waste a frame of film on him. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The thing that is ticking me off about veronica:

This woman is in a very abusive relationship.  It is obvious as hell just by how she talks, what she says — but Veronica calls her on the phone , shows up at her door, cruises her neighbor to catch her outside.

yes, the one time she visited inside her house, she makes a comment that she knows he’s working but the jeopardy she placed her in, when he could walk in that door any second, was irresponsible.  
    And, this capitan chick, wow. Veronica needs an HR department. That boss lady is mental and arrogant. and I love the professional off-the-shoulder ensemble she wears to work.  

The humiliation and condescension she uses to inspire the troops is so uplifting! NOT.  Maybe being a woman in brazil in authority— being an asshole might be a cultural thing. 

Totally agree with all of this.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited January 2021
    Okay, i finished ...Veronica.   I hated it. Hated. It. Hated.

The series was so well done in bringing intense feelings and emotions. I didn’t like feeling them.  Did i mention i hated this?  The writers definitely did their jobs. 

i stuck with it because i wanted to see justice.

And we do get some.  They pull a Marcella  with this one.   

Will i watch a season two? Maybe. But i’ll have to determine that when it drops.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okay, i finished ...Veronica.   I hated it. Hated. It. Hated.

The series was so well done in bringing intense feelings and emotions. I didn’t like feeling them.  Did i mention i hated this?  The writers definitely did their jobs. 

i stuck with it because i wanted to see justice.

And we do get some.  They pull a Marcella  with this one.   

Will i watch a season two? Maybe. But i’ll have to determine that when it drops.

I'm on episode 7, how many are there?
    GNTLGNT
    This whole thing is making me sick, I'm struggling through with hope...

...that she will be strong enough and have enough luck to survive. 

Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

Do you want to know, or just keep at it?
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

I'm still watching, I'll keep at it. 
  • FlakeNoir said:

Just finished 7, I don't know if I can do 8.
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Just finished 7, I don't know if I can do 8.
    8 is easier than 7. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • ....I just can't help myself.....

Latest Gif Blog GIFs  Gfycat
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I just can't help myself.....

😂😂🤣

too bad our little krf isn’t here— he’d give you a “that’s what she said” run for your money!  You two boys kept us on our toes!
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I just can't help myself.....

😂😂🤣

too bad our little krf isn’t here— he’d give you a “that’s what she said” run for your money!  You two boys kept us on our toes!
    ....KRF......

You Complete Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • edited January 2021
    I finished up all the Dereks I could watch.  Still loathe kev.  

In doing some research, people are damn harsh on ricky gervais and this series. 

Aside from the moments i wanted to vomit when kev said or did anything, it was a very sweet show.  And ricky is a tremendous actor who doesn’t get enough praise in that department .  

There is something about him that can have me in tears when playing any character in pain or vulnerable.  He is the most skilled actor i have ever seen when it comes to crying. And the continuity of the scene, you know they are real tears and not visine squirted  in his eyeballs. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • The guy who plays Kev is also in AFTER LIFE and is equally cringe-making there. I could do very well without him in both series.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited January 2021
    The guy who plays Kev is also in AFTER LIFE and is equally cringe-making there. I could do very well without him in both series.
    Yep, i mention that fact in an earlier comment. While he doesn’t ruin either series, he definitely brings the quality down.  Doesn’t add anything of value to the storylines. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The guy who plays Kev is also in AFTER LIFE and is equally cringe-making there. I could do very well without him in both series.
    Yep, i mention that fact in an earlier comment. While he doesn’t ruin either series, he definitely brings the quality down.  Doesn’t add anything of value to the storylines. 
    To clarify, i earlier say he ruins the show, i misspoke. He doesn’t ruin either show, he just ruins moments of each. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT