Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• ....I envy that gift, I didn't and don't have much need for voices in my broadcast work-but when I did-that would have been invaluable.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • She is awesome! I love her... uh, platonically. 
    Deejers, where did you see The White Princess?
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    She is awesome! I love her... uh, platonically. 
    Deejers, where did you see The White Princess?
    Thanksgiving, they replayed both The White Queen and the White Princess on cable TV.  Starz.  

I have one more episode of The White Queen and it's actually much more interesting now.  I'm glad I skipped ahead because it made her story better to me. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Finished up The Spanish Princess.  Well done. I enjoyed it.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Still watching A Teacher on Hulu.  It's the series, not the movie.  I am really finding the progression of the story and the relationship to be interesting and well done.

Also watching The Undoing.  Episode 3, I had my guess who done it.  Episode 4 I was positive.  Episode 5 -- the cliffhanger seems to support my theory.  I so hope they throw me a bucketful of unexpected.  It would be so great if my guess was a little red herring and something more interesting was going on.
    The Undoing wrapped up last night.

So, my guess was wrong.  And that would've been great if the Who Done It had surprised me.  But it didn't.  That was a real let down.  BUT, I absolutely loved Nicole Kidman's play at the end.  Fantastic.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • A lot of people were screaming at their TV during the final episode. I'm only at episode 3, so I'm still guessing. I'm thinking it was her dad -- his emotional breakdown when he told her that her husband borrowed money didn't seem legit.

I'm delighted to see Sofie Gråbøl in it -- she was so good in Forbrydelsen.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • A lot of people were screaming at their TV during the final episode. I'm only at episode 3, so I'm still guessing. I'm thinking it was her dad -- his emotional breakdown when he told her that her husband borrowed money didn't seem legit.

I'm delighted to see Sofie Gråbøl in it -- she was so good in Forbrydelsen.
    He wasn’t my guess. Check in when you finish.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Have any of you watched The Plot Against America? Its a miniseries taking place in the 30,s where Charles Lindbergh runs for president, wins and steers america in a fascist direction. Sounds interesting. A kind of alternate history. I have been recommended it as a must see if i can find it.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • I read the Roth novel when it came out -- it was an interesting alternate history.
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • About THE UNDOING, I have thoughts...

Grace must be a horrible psychologist to have been with a man for 17 years and not realize what he is. To not have reached out to his parents before to discover the reason behind their estrangement. 
    One thread that got dropped -- Jonathan confessed to having another affair (I think he told his lawyer), but that was never pursued. To me that seemed like a prime candidate for a suspect, a jealous former lover. For a while I thought it was going to be the Lily Rabe character and that she was the killer. The pool of possible suspects was pretty small.
    Am I satisfied with the outcome? I did like the way Grace orchestrated things. I suspect she gave Lily Rabe the information that the prosecutor used to impeach her. That was a satisfying scene. Overall, though, it seemed a little unlikely that she would have not suspected there was something off about him after all these years, confirmation bias notwithstanding.

NeesyNotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler
  • edited December 2020
    About THE UNDOING, I have thoughts...

Grace must be a horrible psychologist to have been with a man for 17 years and not realize what he is. To not have reached out to his parents before to discover the reason behind their estrangement. 
    One thread that got dropped -- Jonathan confessed to having another affair (I think he told his lawyer), but that was never pursued. To me that seemed like a prime candidate for a suspect, a jealous former lover. For a while I thought it was going to be the Lily Rabe character and that she was the killer. The pool of possible suspects was pretty small.
    Am I satisfied with the outcome? I did like the way Grace orchestrated things. I suspect she gave Lily Rabe the information that the prosecutor used to impeach her. That was a satisfying scene. Overall, though, it seemed a little unlikely that she would have not suspected there was something off about him after all these years, confirmation bias notwithstanding.

I had the son as the killer. I was just absolutely positive of it.  I'm glad I was wrong, but I wasn't thrilled that it remained the husband.  It was like a Scooby Doo unmasking.

Absolutely Grace gave Lily Rabe the information that the prosecutor needed. Passed to her in their bathroom "encounter."   It was well played and a natural course of questioning so didn't look odd to the court, but he knew, as he states, that she sunk him.  And I loved that Sutherland told her -- I'm not quite sure how he said it, but something like, "I just love you" as they walked arm and arm out of the courtroom

You are right that they introduced another affair, and why if they didn't follow the lead?  

And when he took the kid to the bridge, there was so much that could have happened there.  Not a satisfying ending for me.

As far as her job and not seeing him for what he was?  I think that's easier than you think.  We hear about that all the time on true crime shows -- where whole families are shocked at a criminal revealed in their family.  People are shocked.  Even with her training, he played the role he needed to play and she was busy, she saw what she wanted to see.

I agree that any person estranged from their family, every member of their family, is someone that needs closer inspection always.  She didn't do due diligence.

catGNTLGNT
  • Hmm. I just finished The Undoing. 

I also thought Lily Rabe's character was the killer, and also had the son as a backup guess. I agree about the other affair not being pursued, I thought it was Lily Rabe, again, who was the former lover. The affair she had (in my mind) with Jonathan set up the jealousy fueled murder. 

Not sure how I feel about Jonathan being the killer after all. Maybe the point of that was to show how hard it is to believe charming people can be capable of such things? 

I thought it was really great up until the reveal, it did fall flat. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • I have just started Departure , a series on Hulu.

NotaroFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Hmm. I just finished The Undoing. 

I also thought Lily Rabe's character was the killer, and also had the son as a backup guess. I agree about the other affair not being pursued, I thought it was Lily Rabe, again, who was the former lover. The affair she had (in my mind) with Jonathan set up the jealousy fueled murder. 

Not sure how I feel about Jonathan being the killer after all. Maybe the point of that was to show how hard it is to believe charming people can be capable of such things? 

I thought it was really great up until the reveal, it did fall flat. 

These were good theories, cat.
    NotaroNeesyGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2020
    I have just started Departure , a series on Hulu.

Any good? Is it worth viewing? I think we can get that up here as well. I see there's an elderly Canadian actor in it (darned if I can recall his name)

Okay - it's Christopher Plummer - I had to Google

Maybe I should have just watched the preview!

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Neesy said:

Any good? Is it worth viewing? I think we can get that up here as well. I see there's an elderly Canadian actor in it (darned if I can recall his name)

I just watched the first episode.  I think it's going to be good.  Very interesting so far.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • edited December 2020
    Undoing continued....

Something else i wondered about — the school function, was that shindig at someone’s private home or at a business where the couple donated the space for the event?  Because if this was a business office or public space, that elevator would  have had a camera and they would have seen the victim kiss Grace .   That would have been very interesting to police and would have come out in trial. The authorities were hot on that cctv footage, they would have requested the elevator tape.  They would track her movements in, out and around that event.

GNTLGNTcat
  • It was at a private residence. I remember someone commenting on the fact that the couple had allowed them to use it but they hadn't bothered to attend themselves.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatNotaro
  • I knew the couple didn’t show, which seemed odd to me they wouldn’t attend something in their own home — so i was wondering if it was a building they owned. 

But, it could have been a second residence they didn’t frequent. The layout for the gathering seemed very conference roomesque though.
    GNTLGNTcatNotaro
  • I have just started Departure , a series on Hulu.

I mislabeled the source — this is on peacock.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNotaroNeesy
  • Neesy said:

I finished the show.  I liked it.  It had some really good moments of plot, but it also had moments that made no sense at all.  Wobbly timeline, security issues that boggled me and the end? What?   

GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNotaroNeesy
  • Paranoid 

anyone seen this series? I’ve only watched 1 episode and it’s entertaining enough. It didn’t  grab me up though. So anyone who has seen it, please throw up your thoughts.  
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I watched it in early 2017! I remember liking it well enough at the time.

I started a Brazilian crime series called "Good Morning, Verônica" -- two episodes in. The main character is a clerk in the homicide department. Intriguing and occasionally brutal.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Thanks! I’ll hang with it.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Paranoid 

anyone seen this series? I’ve only watched 1 episode and it’s entertaining enough. It didn’t  grab me up though. So anyone who has seen it, please throw up your thoughts.  
    ....but if I throw up my thoughts, the janitor will come in with that nasty pink and smelly sawdust to dump on it.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy