Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    We've started watching Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman's Long Way Up trip on Apple TV. I just adore these motorcycle trips, their interactions are priceless and the obstacles they have to overcome each time have surely helped shape these people into who they are today. 

Highly recommend that if you start watching these, you go back to their very first trip Long Way Round
    I hope this comes on a platform I have so I can see it.  Loved the Long Way Round.
    We're several episodes in to Long Way Up and I have to say this is a very different journey to the ones we're used to. Part of it is the electric bike issue, some of it is simply terrain, it's not the same physical slog they've had to endure in the past.
    Charlie has had a couple of really bad motorcycle accidents leading up to this trip, one really very serious and now both legs are full of metal, so he cannot be taking the same kinds of risks that he used to.
    Also, like it or not the boys are getting older, we're all getting older and the adventuring has to change to reflect and accommodate this. So while the adventure is quite different, the guys are still the same, their friendship is still a huge draw and I'm enjoying watching this.
    It is inspiring me to go back for another re-watch of their earlier road trips... to take back some of our youth. :D  
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've just watched episode 1 of The Haunting of Bly Manor.
    A couple things...

1) It's really good.
    2) I'm already watching from behind pillows and under a blanket, what is wrong with me that I can't handle being frightened like the rest of you grown-ups?  :o 
    reaction to watching a scary movie gifs  WiffleGif
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • I like the look of this,

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Episode 5 of Bly Manor...just...wow.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • One of my favourite sketches from Not The Nine O Clock News

BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Episode 5 of Bly Manor...just...wow.
    I'm getting really worried about that episode now... if both DJ and Bev have raised eyebrows over that one, then yeah I'm scared.

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyOut of Order
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Episode 5 of Bly Manor...just...wow.
    I'm getting really worried about that episode now... if both DJ and Bev have raised eyebrows over that one, then yeah I'm scared.

It has scary moments, but it's what we learn from it that is so wow-inducing.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:

Okay thanks Bev, my curiosity button might be pinging at a slightly higher rate than my flight one, so carry on I will. 
    NotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    I like the look of this,

.....damn straight!......
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Okay thanks Bev, my curiosity button might be pinging at a slightly higher rate than my flight one, so carry on I will. 
    .....Thank you I must Ms. Yoda...... :D

Mrs Yoda MrsYoda  Twitter
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

OMG Scott! How the hell did you get my driver's license photo?!  :o
    Bev, I'm concerned about the MB's security.  :#
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

OMG Scott...! How the hell did you get my driver's license photo?!  :o
    .....you have your body dump, and I have my interweb skulking......
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    It's all in the fine print...
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    It's all in the fine print...
    🤣🤣🤣
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • We are a little behind the rest of the world but we recently started recording Downton Abbey - I love Maggie Smith as the dowager - she has so many funny comments

Downton Abbey Locations Period Drama  Movie

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • We got a huge kick out of STAGED on Hulu -- David Tennant and Michael Sheen try to rehearse a play via Zoom during lockdown. Some highly amusing cameo appearances, especially the one in the final episode. Only six brief parts, so you could easily watch the whole thing in an evening. A second season was just announced.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We got a huge kick out of STAGED on Hulu -- David Tennant and Michael Sheen try to rehearse a play via Zoom during lockdown. Some highly amusing cameo appearances, especially the one in the final episode. Only six brief parts, so you could easily watch the whole thing in an evening. A second season was just announced.
    I’ll check this out today. Love david and quick episodes? Sounds good to my squirrel brain. 
    GNTLGNTBevVincentNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
    I watched this today.  I enjoyed it also.  I absolutely loved Lucy's house.
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTNeesy
  • OK - now I HAVE to watch Bly Manor - I thought it would be like a tea cozy - but I trust all your opinions.  MUST WATCH.

@Hedda Gabler I loved Fleabag - it's got some raunchy bits that usually aren't my style of humor, but it goes a little deeper, if you can stay with it. I am dying for Season 3 - which is coming, but no doubt has been put on hold due to COVID.

Same thing with Better Call Saul.  I couldn't handle Breaking Bad (lost me at the Boxcutter episode), but I loved Saul.  Another season coming after COVID.

@cat I had a love/hate relationship with Shameless, but I kept paying for Showtime and watched the entire thing in real time.  I'm ashamed to admit I loved it.

I am not watching anything now - just falling asleep to Edge of the Universe.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • I have just finished the last episode of The Haunting of Bly Manor. This whole series was so impressive. I loved the characters, loved their stories and adored their love.

It really was perfectly splendid. 
    And heartbreaking.

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I'll watch the final episode of Bly Manor tomorrow morning. I thought the penultimate episode was interesting but ill-timed, bringing the action to a screeching halt.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    Help bev!
    Bordertown, episode “Sons and Lovers.”

Okay, i totally missed something. Harri killed Lotta. Eerik killed Harri. He also killed his wife and mother in car wreck.  Who the hell killed Henri? Lotta didn’t have the bite marks on her hand. Who shoved the bullet pouch down his throat? That was the original murder the whole 3 episodes were about! Did he commit suicide because of his guilt? He choked himself? He struck me as a man that did not regret any of his actions even though they said he wanted to come clean with his involvement in car wreck cover up.  Obviously i zoned out. i was not paying attention somewhere.

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Help bev!
    Bordertown, episode “Sons and Lovers.”

Okay, i totally missed something. Harri killed Lotta. Eerik killed Harri. He also killed his wife and mother in car wreck.  Who the hell killed Henri? Lotta didn’t have the bite marks on her hand. Who shoved the bullet pouch down his throat? That was the original murder the whole 3 episodes were about! Did he commit suicide because of his guilt? He choked himself? He struck me as a man that did not regret any of his actions even though they said he wanted to come clean with his involvement in car wreck cover up.  Obviously i zoned out. i was not paying attention somewhere.

Sorry girl I haven't seen this, otherwise I'd help you out. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy