Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• We started Our Man in Japan last night -- it's only 6 episodes, filmed in early 2020. James May of Top Gear spent three months driving from the top of Japan to the bottom and having interesting experiences along the way. He's a funny guy. Self deprecating. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroSundropGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • We started Our Man in Japan last night -- it's only 6 episodes, filmed in early 2020. James May of Top Gear spent three months driving from the top of Japan to the bottom and having interesting experiences along the way. He's a funny guy. Self deprecating. 
    I like these traveling things if you have an engaging tour guide. I watch my boy’s dogs again soon and they have amazon so i will watch it. 
    NotaroSundropGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....most people think I have a self-deprecating sense of humor, but I like to term it self-"defecating"....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • My family I'm dog sitting for have Amazon Prime.  So, I've tried to watched Fleabag.  I've tried.  It's won awards.  People love it.

I guess I'm just not cool enough to appreciate it.  Maybe it's one of those that if you watch enough episodes, you're hooked.  After one and a half episodes, I'm not hooked.
    Will BBCs Fleabag be on Netflix - Whats on Netflix

I've never heard of Fleabag but the description sounded interesting.

"Waller-Bridge stars as the title character, a free-spirited and sexually active but angry and confused young woman in London"

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Criminal Season 2 -- United Kingdom, Episode 1

ah now, we know where the body is, why don't they?

Just got around to this one.
    Did she say her mother was having renovations done?
    GNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    We watched the first episode of the new season of The Great British Baking Show (Netflix) last night. Normally the contestants would come to the tent for the weekend and go home for the rest of the week to go to work and/or practice some of the following week's challenges. This year, because of COVID-19, the entire cast and crew had to go into a quarantine bubble. I was wondering how that worked, exactly. This article answered all my questions.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Criminal Season 2 -- United Kingdom, Episode 1

ah now, we know where the body is, why don't they?

Just got around to this one.
    Did she say her mother was having renovations done?
    Yes!  The woman says that her mother was doing a big garden re-do right at the beginning of the interview. Then we get to the end and they are all befuddled about where the body is.

What's very cool about that actress is she also plays a major role in Ratched and boy! does she commit.  Excellent job.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    Did anyone see Josh Gates Tonight?  Apparently it was all about Stephen King.

It's on the Discovery Channel.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • What's very cool about that actress is she also plays a major role in Ratched and boy! does she commit.  Excellent job.
    I've definitely seen her before. Probably in Doctor Who, but once you start watching UK crime shows you see the same faces popping up all over!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Did anyone see Josh Gates Tonight?  Apparently it was all about Stephen King.

It's on the Discovery Channel.
    Josh dares to celebrate America's horror master, Stephen King. Josh talks screen screams from some of King's most memorable work with Anthony Michael Hall (The Dead Zone), David Morse (The Green Mile), Dee Wallace (Cujo) and Danny Lloyd (The Shining).
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...dammit!.....didn't see it promoted , and I can't imagine how.....I watch Travel all the time....hopefully there will be a rebroadcast.....I really enjoy him.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Criminal UK: S2E2 -- what a tour-de-force performance by Kit Harington from Game of Thrones. That opening monologue was amazing. A controversial way to handle the topic, though. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...dammit!.....didn't see it promoted , and I can't imagine how.....I watch Travel all the time....hopefully there will be a rebroadcast.....I really enjoy him.....
    ....I know it was on Discovery, but there's ALWAYS a ton of cross promotion, EXCEPT this time.....bastids!!.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I watched Our Man in Japan, the series Bev recommended and I would also like to recommend.  It was funny and interesting.  I really enjoyed it.  Japan is a beautiful country and has just loads of culture and strangeness.  

Too many things to talk about but there was one I thought was so fascinating because it felt like there was a story to be written.  They had a segment on this town:

Nagoro Village

Nagoro Village, aka Kakashi no Sato (Scarecrow Village), is a unique riverside town in Tokushima Prefecture on Japan's smallest island, Shikoku. Scarecrow residents outnumber humans ten-to-one in this remote Iya Valley hamlet.

Apparently there are only 27 town people left.  The old are dying and the young are moving to more fast paced cities.  But, when someone dies, they really never leave as this woman makes lifesized scarecrow dolls of the deceased and then they are placed all over town doing various things.  It was wildly creepy.  Actually, now that I think about this, there is a Twilight Zone episode where 3 astronauts land on a planet and find people, but they are frozen and placed in various situations doing various things.

That's a great episode if you get the chance to watch it.  It's called "Elegy."

FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • I watched Our Man in Japan, the series Bev recommended and I would also like to recommend.  It was funny and interesting.  I really enjoyed it.  Japan is a beautiful country and has just loads of culture and strangeness.  

Too many things to talk about but there was one I thought was so fascinating because it felt like there was a story to be written.  They had a segment on this town:

Nagoro Village

Nagoro Village, aka Kakashi no Sato (Scarecrow Village), is a unique riverside town in Tokushima Prefecture on Japan's smallest island, Shikoku. Scarecrow residents outnumber humans ten-to-one in this remote Iya Valley hamlet.

Apparently there are only 27 town people left.  The old are dying and the young are moving to more fast paced cities.  But, when someone dies, they really never leave as this woman makes lifesized scarecrow dolls of the deceased and then they are placed all over town doing various things.  It was wildly creepy.  Actually, now that I think about this, there is a Twilight Zone episode where 3 astronauts land on a planet and find people, but they are frozen and placed in various situations doing various things.

....awesome!!......

The Weirdest Place in Japan Scarecrow Village - Mad or Nomad....what a night hike that would make!!.......

Valley of the dolls Inside Japans Scarecrow Village  CNN Travel
    FlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I watched Our Man in Japan, the series Bev recommended and I would also like to recommend.  It was funny and interesting.  I really enjoyed it.  Japan is a beautiful country and has just loads of culture and strangeness.  

Nagoro Village

....awesome!!......

The Weirdest Place in Japan Scarecrow Village - Mad or Nomad....what a night hike that would make!!.......

On one hand, I like the creativity of it and on the other hand, these f'ers come alive at night I'm pretty sure.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I watched Our Man in Japan, the series Bev recommended and I would also like to recommend.  It was funny and interesting.  I really enjoyed it.  Japan is a beautiful country and has just loads of culture and strangeness.  

Nagoro Village

....awesome!!......

On one hand, I like the creativity of it and on the other hand, these f'ers come alive at night I'm pretty sure.
    .....and all you would hear is the crackle of the straw before you get fu-sh-ucked......
    NotaroFlakeNoircatHedda GablerNeesy
  • Finished the final episode of Criminal: UK S2 -- Kunal Nayyar (Raj from Big Bang Theory) was chilling in it. Good conclusion to the season.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Full trailer, looks good....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Full trailer, looks good....

...yeppur, this definitely looks like it could be a winnah, ayuh......I must admit, that I'm surprised they cast a black actor as Larry, but then again-I never saw Roland as black either.....and please, it's not a racial issue-just how I've viewed them in my mind's eye lo these many years......
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • We got back to Tales from the Loop, which we'd started months ago but drifted away from. It's a serene and surreal show, with each episode only glancingly related to the ones that came before. The first one we saw last night starred Jonathan Pryce as a scientist dedicated to making the impossible possible, but who faces an impossible dilemma. The second one was quirkier, about a man whose whole life was about fixing things--but events confront him that he simply can't fix...or at least, not easily. There is a scifi/fantasy angle to the stories, too -- sometimes subtle, sometimes integral.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Tales from the Loop cast trailer and Philip Glasss first TV soundtrack  - Classic FM....this looks interesting....I like Mechs.......
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • That scene is from the second episode we watched last night. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • That scene is from the second episode we watched last night. 
    ....ahhhhh, the "fixer" episode you referenced.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerBevVincentNeesy