Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• AWAY is new on Netflix. Starring hilary swank and the guy from marcella. 

If any if you start this, can you give your initial thoughts on it?  Thank you.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTnot_nadinecat
  • Notaro said:
    ...what?.....everybody gets better?....... :*
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Apparently it was all a dream 🤔
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Apparently it was all a dream 🤔
    September 26 1986 Shower shocker as Dallas Bobby Ewing returns from the  dead  BT
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadineNeesyNotaro
  • I think I'm going to start watching Away tonight - I finished Better Call Saul last week. (I had to buy Season 5 on Amazon, but I couldn't wait). The Ogre & I are trying to find something we'd both like since Fall is coming, and there won't be any yard work for a bit, we can have some TV time together.  It's hard to find something we both like.  We're thinking of trying Ozark. He isn't interested in Away. I'm not interested in The Punisher.  Something I loved recently was Upload on Amazon Prime, he didn't  make it thru the 2nd episode.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • I just started S3 of Money Heist -- what terrific, despicable characters! 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • I think I'm going to start watching Away tonight - I finished Better Call Saul last week. (I had to buy Season 5 on Amazon, but I couldn't wait). The Ogre & I are trying to find something we'd both like since Fall is coming, and there won't be any yard work for a bit, we can have some TV time together.  It's hard to find something we both like.  We're thinking of trying Ozark. He isn't interested in Away. I'm not interested in The Punisher.  Something I loved recently was Upload on Amazon Prime, he didn't  make it thru the 2nd episode.
    Ozark is great Holly-Polly... intense though, you'll be on the edge of your seat a bit. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
    Be sure to drop your thoughts on it.  I've got this one in my List to watch but haven't got myself interested enough.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2020
    I really liked last weeks' episode of Lovecraft Country.  It was a little bit Indiana Jones, a little bit Pirates of the Caribbean.

It does make me very anxious with the treatment of people that is based on a reality still happening today.  I do not like that and I do not feel comfortable watching it.  So, I have big chunks of struggle getting through those scenes.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • We started AWAY last night -- only had time for the first episode, but we like it so far. The actor who plays the husband was Will Gardner on THE GOOD WIFE.
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2020
    I'm not very focused today so I am watching brainless TV -- Below Deck Mediterranean.

This show baffles me in the respect that, snooty, entitled, arrogant rich people charter the yacht.  And some of them are impossibly boarish.  Just so disgusting as humans.

But, they have spent a ton of cash to be catered to.  And the crew of beautiful, young yachties do it and then trash these people to the camera. 

I don't know why anyone would rent these TV yachts knowing that they were being trash talked, made fun of, and put down in front of millions of viewers.  It seems the owner of the yacht would want to keep a high standard of respectability and decorum. Privacy.

The renters then leave them these tips that can be quite amazing.  I wonder what they think when they go home and see the show.  Sure, they may have been the most difficult charter guests ever, but to see the unprofessional conduct behind the scenes -- I would charter the boat again, be a total ass and then leave them no tip!

Okay, I wouldn't do that.  I would be the guest who was walking around cleaning up after myself, doing my own laundry and apologizing to everyone that I laughed too loud, or didn't go to bed at a reasonable time, or asked for a water.

GNTLGNTNotarospideymanFlakeNoir
  • *boorish. Dammit.  Although, they were boarish is the pig sense too.

I need more edit time!
    GNTLGNTNotarospideymanFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I finally watched this last season of Doctor Who. I loved it. I like Jodie as The Doctor. 

Got through all of Perry Mason too. Really liked it a lot. 

Am on the last episode of Snowpiercer. It is just ok. I had enough interest to want to see what happened but I probably won't watch another season of it if it comes back. 

Finished up Penny Dreadful, too. I enjoyed it, but it was not renewed. I suppose there wasn't really much they could do with everyone's storyline. Maybe it will be reincarnated again. But I thought Natalie Dormer was awesome in her multiple roles. 

We have just one or two episodes left of Ozark and I have 4 left of NOS4A2. Then I can get to Killing Eve, finally. 😁
    NotaroHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I am finally watching 'Orange Is The New Black'.   I am loving it.
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesy
    You're in for a long haul, but it's well worth the journey.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoirspideyman
    You're in for a long haul, but it's well worth the journey.
    ...and much of it echoes what I deal with on a daily basis, though the gender of the Institution is completely different.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirspideymanNeesy
  • All caught up on Ozark. 😲😲😲🤯🤯🤯
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanNeesy
  • edited September 2020
    Yay! Criminal - United Kingdom is on Netflix.  I really enjoyed the previous Criminal installments from other countries.
    GNTLGNTBevVincentFlakeNoir
  • I liked this, too -- I didn't know there was going to be a new season. In the queue it goes.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I liked this, too -- I didn't know there was going to be a new season. In the queue it goes.
    I hope it means they are doing a second season for the other countries too.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • You know, thinking about this --the format of Criminal is one that could be filmed quite easily during covid.  You could keep all the actors social distanced from each other and still have a natural feel to what they do.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2020
    Criminal Season 2 -- United Kingdom, Episode 1

ah now, we know where the body is, why don't they?

GNTLGNTspideyman
  • edited September 2020
    Watched episode 1 of Des, a three part mini series about the arrest and investigation into the crimes of Dennis Nilsen.  First episode was excellent, David Tennant of Doctor Who plays the role of Nilsen and his performance is absolutely chilling.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11656892/
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyspideyman