Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    Perry Mason Spoiler

How is Sister going to resurrect Charlie? 

Do you really want to know Hedda? 
    Yes

She doesn't, on the appointed day a huge crowd goes to the cemetery and she chants some religious stuff, then they open the coffin and it's empty. After leaving the cemetery, Sister and her mother come across a small group in the middle of the road, a woman has found a baby, Birdy (Alice's mother)  picks up the child and proclaims it is baby Charlie, Sister Alice runs away and disappears. 

GNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Perry Mason Spoiler

How is Sister going to resurrect Charlie? 

Do you really want to know Hedda? 
    Yes

She doesn't, on the appointed day a huge crowd goes to the cemetery and she chants some religious stuff, then they open the coffin and it's empty. After leaving the cemetery, Sister and her mother come across a small group in the middle of the road, a woman has found a baby, Birdy (Alice's mother)  picks up the child and proclaims it is baby Charlie, Sister Alice runs away and disappears. 

Interesting
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Perry Mason Matthew Rhys HBO Detective Update Gets Teaser Trailer....ruggedly handsome feller he is......
    Hedda GablerNotaro
  • edited August 2020
    Well, I just finished watching NOS4A2.

I have to say, I am wildly disappointed in the ending overall.  I understand there was some bonus material shown on some join-the-club-if-you're-cool site, which I don't have that involved Maggie getting on the elevator.  I would've liked to have seen that too. 

And yes, I could've signed up for it, but you know what?  I'm getting sick and tired of being manipulated for my viewership.  Can't we just sit and watch a show anymore and get all of it without having to become part of the we-get-your-info-and-watch-you-like-a-bug-in-a-jar specimen?

I will say, I actually liked Vic McQueen in episodes 8 and 9.  She was growing on me and I loved her presence at Christmasland.  She took 3 1/2 giant steps back in the final episode unfortunately.

What about the Millie storyline? And Millie's mom's storyline.  Let's just forget all about them.  Vic knows the promise she made to Millie and when the kids are picked up, no Millie but yet, not one comment about her.  Where is she? Let's look for her.  What happened?  I promised her I would get her out. Absolutely no concern for a child she knows occupied Christmasland.
    And Wayne draws a picture of Millie that looks just like Millie.  That should jar your memory a little Vic.  Maybe mention her?

And that Manx ending was weak.  Although we do see that hood ornament still standing.  Gives me hope that maybe a season 4 could happen and Millie will get ahold of that ornament through Wayne most likely.  Resurect Manx by sticking the hood ornament on an orange Pinto.

Maybe I would appreciate Vic's actions if I understood alcohol addiction.  Because obviously that plays into her character.  
    I have not read the book, so I might be more generous with my thoughts if I had.  

GNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020
    Neesy said:
    @Neesy. The finale of ALONE was good. I always cry. I'm such a dink because after all their struggles, and then the relief that it's over and someone wins, it just tugs at the tears.

I was impressed with the Canadian woman's skill at making her own snowshoes but quite disappointed when she decided to tap out.

The American woman might have made it to 100 days if not for the frostbite. In the end Roland won - he deserved it!

All the participants were impressive, but those last 3 especially so.  I was disappointed in the CAnadian girl too because I think she could've taken it all.  She was still eating, in good shape really.  She was so close!

The frostbite girl was in rough shape. She looked malnourished and you don't mess with losing body parts.

Roland was so knowledgeable.  He knew how to use every bit of that musk ox he got.  He utilized every single thing on that animal.  He had the smartest shelter using the rock as not only weather protection, but the rocks held the heat of his fire.  ANd he had the best meat storage I've seen on all my time watching the show.  He was in good shape by the end.  

He was choking me up though as his thoughts turned more and more to his mom.  
    GNTLGNTNeesy
  • Ugh I am so behind. On everything. Reading too. I am working on Penny Dreadful still. I sm liking it but saw it was canceled. No season 2 so I hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger. 

We are on ep 11 (I think) of season 2 of Ozark. 

And need to watch the Yellowstone seas 3 finale. Am trying hard to avoid spoilers. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • We have been watching Downton Abbey season 6. I have never seen this show before but a marathon of it was on PBS one day so I recorded it (9 episodes).

It's really good! Well acted

I thought it funny that in the race car scene all the drivers stood there waiting for the pistol then raced to their cars and jumped in.

Andy was not surprised as he said that's how they used to do it in the old days

It's set in 1925 I believe (Season 6 at least)

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    We have been watching Downton Abbey season 6. I have never seen this show before but a marathon of it was on PBS one day so I recorded it (9 episodes).

It's really good! Well acted

I thought it funny that in the race car scene all the drivers stood there waiting for the pistol then raced to their cars and jumped in.

Andy was not surprised as he said that's how they used to do it in the old days

It's set in 1925 I believe (Season 6 at least)

....as far as I’m concerned, they should still start auto races that way.....funny as hell to see one getting stuck in a window.... :D
    NeesyHedda Gabler
  • Downton Abbey cast film final series at Goodwood race track in new-look  pictures - Mirror Online
    The cars looked like the wooden racers my son used to make in Boy Scouts <3

GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • I am very late to the game, but binging on 'Nurse Jackie'
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I've always meant to watch that. Some day. I started the Spanish series MONEY HEIST on Netflix -- love a good caper.
  •  BevVincent said:
    I've always meant to watch that. Some day. I started the Spanish series MONEY HEIST on Netflix -- love a good caper.
    I hope you do get a chance to watch it Bev, it's excellent.
  • Neesy said:
    Downton Abbey cast film final series at Goodwood race track in new-look  pictures - Mirror Online
    The cars looked like the wooden racers my son used to make in Boy Scouts <3

....love the period dress as well....
    NotaroNeesyFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Tonight we are watching Canada's Drag Race believe it or not - we're getting to know the contestants better.

Not as good as RuPaul's Drag Race but similar and more or less an offshoot of the original
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....ok, dumb me.....at first I thought you were settling in to enjoy some quarter mile excitement.... :p
    Watch 10 Minutes Of Old Vs New Muscle Car Drag Racing Action
    NeesyFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • BBC Three part adaptation of The War Of The Worlds, had it recorded when it was broadcast but never got round to watching it.  I thought it was so-so, had some good elements to it but they added a byline that I thought was a bit weak, I know they were trying to make it more interesting but it really just muddled it up. The cast is good and performance are decent,  it's watchable but a bit disappointing overall,

NeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Finally finished season 1 of Bordertown.  But it doesn't look like episode 1 of season 2 gives resolution to the mystery of the final case from season 1.  I could be wrong. 

Is Kari's wife dead?  That's how the guy was going to get him.  Through the prescriptions he was able to alter.

GNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....me and my paranormal stuff......

Watch  Believers Season 1 Episode 8  Full Episodes
    Hedda Gabler
  • Saw a very strange movie called A Life Less Ordinary - I see it is described as a romantic black comedy - Ewan McGregor and Cameron Diaz were in it.

I just happened upon it accidentally when it was first starting (was just flicking through the channels on the TV)

Pretty weird but overall not a bad flick. Also had Holly Hunter and Stanley Tucci in it

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2020
    Okay, so bordertown spoilers

Pauliina’s tumor is back. I like her, i hope her treatments work. But, they are still looking for maaslow (?)

i just finished a 2 part episode on child abuse in a daycare. I was quite shocked and uncomfortable with how far they took the child abuse visuals. There is no way that would be allowed on American tv, would it?  Most shows I see broach the subject very carefully not showing — just telling.

also, this show totally taps into the differences in sexuality in cultures. America was started with those puritans and boy does it show.  
    And, why does no one realize their car is being followed? Out in the middle of nowhere, dark as hell and a car is making every turn you are, but you don’t notice?  I pay attention to that, but maybe i’ve watched too many scary car scenes that make me hyper aware?

GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Just finished The Boys S1 - a dark look at superheroes. Pretty fantastic and just in time for S2.

Also finished Dark on Netflix. Also fantastic! It's a wonderful take on time travel and multiverses. Has dashes of Lost, Fringe, and the Dark Tower laced throughout it.

Will be checking out Lovecraft Country next.
    NeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Finished the last few episodes of S2 of Mind Hunter on Netflix. Quite enjoyed it. Sad to see it looks like there may not be any future seasons.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • I did a run and gun yesterday of Afterlife, my second viewing of the series.

It was even better the second time.  Ricky Gervais is so damn good in this.  I cried the first time, but the second time, I bawled.  

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I'm absolutely loving MONEY HEIST -- one episode left in S1. It's a blast.
    Hedda GablerNotaronot_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy