Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• I binged on old episodes of The Carol Burnett Show!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I like Kari a lot. His daughter plays a larger role in the most recent season.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I binged on old episodes of The Carol Burnett Show!
    I record The Carol Burnett Show and Carol and Friends every night.  I keep the episodes with The Family for random watching.  I love that damn family.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Watching Perry Mason and I have to say, I'm concerned for EB.  (Lithgow's character).   I just know something bad is happening to him.

My guess, I think EB has a stroke, or Alzheimer's or something that takes him out of the game and that's where Perry Mason becomes a lawyer.  Of course, not sure how that timeline would work, you just don't say you are a lawyer, you have to go to school for years, so Perry can't just pop into the practice as lead attorney.

I like this noir resurgence in shows.  It's fun.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • They come up with an interesting solution to all of your questions! I finished it on the weekend -- great series. I like how they piece together all the characters we "know," including Hamilton Burger.
  • They come up with an interesting solution to all of your questions! I finished it on the weekend -- great series. I like how they piece together all the characters we "know," including Hamilton Burger.
    I am intrigued.

It's visually exciting.  Just the logistics and the choreography of all the departments bringing such a period piece to the screen is fascinating.  The work involved! 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The funicular, Angels Flight, features prominently in Bosch, too. 

But, yeah, the artistic design and execution for this show (and Lovecraft Country as well) is amazing.
  • Neesy said:
    Neesy said:
    I have not seen the last episode, so don't know who has tapped out.  But I think Roland Welker is going to win.  He's the one that took down big game, isn't he?  And he built the most ingenious way to store the food that was (as of what I've seen) animal proof.

Roland does seem to be a safe choice - he would get my vote
    Another one tapped out.  Next week is a 3 hour finale. 

In scenes they showed for next week, so not a spoiler, it looks like one of the girls is getting frostbite on her toes.  Should be interesting.

Judging from the voice I am guessing it's the American girl (who has the frostbite) - I was afraid the sole Canadian was going to tap out and was disappointed,  but then she decided to soldier on

I think tonight is the finale of Alone.  It is Thursdays, right?  Anyway, be sure and let me know your thoughts on the winner.
    GNTLGNT
  • We're still watching Alone - tonight is the season finale! Three hours long

@Hedda Gabler (I had a brain fart - after the @ sign I started typing Dana....

• ....and speaking of baseball, my friend and Fox TV analyst/Reds Broadcaster Thom Brennaman got himself booted out last night due to a homophobic slur caught on a hot mic......I don't understand, Thom is a good man-with an enormous heart and sterling character.....has done sports for decades....I just can't wrap my head around what caused this kind of slip....
    Hedda GablerNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....and speaking of baseball, my friend and Fox TV analyst/Reds Broadcaster Thom Brennaman got himself booted out last night due to a homophobic slur caught on a hot mic......I don't understand, Thom is a good man-with an enormous heart and sterling character.....has done sports for decades....I just can't wrap my head around what caused this kind of slip....
    In today's world, no one is allowed a slip.  It was wrong for sure, but people say the wrong thing all the time trying to be funny, or just not thinking about it.

And one slip and no one is given another chance....Except someone we know....  :D
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....and speaking of baseball, my friend and Fox TV analyst/Reds Broadcaster Thom Brennaman got himself booted out last night due to a homophobic slur caught on a hot mic......I don't understand, Thom is a good man-with an enormous heart and sterling character.....has done sports for decades....I just can't wrap my head around what caused this kind of slip....
    In today's world, no one is allowed a slip.  It was wrong for sure, but people say the wrong thing all the time trying to be funny, or just not thinking about it.

And one slip and no one is given another chance....Except someone we know....  :D
    ....I have spoken of his dad, Marty many times....my broadcast hero and Thom is right behind him......given the brief piece of audio and not knowing the context behind the scenes in the booth, I can't render any judgment except to say, it was crystal clear and clearly offensive......the mic can be your best friend, or your worst adversary.....he screwed the pooch and my heart breaks, because with the current state of affairs-I don't see him coming back from this......what a loss.....
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • Unfortunately that's the world we live in Scott, we walk a tightrope and then step off it on to eggshells, good people get brain freeze, have a slip and get crucified for it. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Unfortunately that's the world we live in Scott, we walk a tightrope and then step off it on to eggshells, good people get brain freeze, have a slip and get crucified for it. 
    ....sadly so.....he has lost his job announcing the NFL now as well, so the blows keep reigning down....he has owned it, has not tried to justify it....written and verbal apologies have been made, but the smearing and crucifying continue.....
    Hedda GablerNotaro
  • I finished the final season of the Danish series THE RAIN. It's a little YA at times, but it has shades of LORD OF THE FLIES crossed, this season, with LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. The last season is only six episodes, but they pack a lot of action into them.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • @Neesy. The finale of ALONE was good. I always cry. I'm such a dink because after all their struggles, and then the relief that it's over and someone wins, it just tugs at the tears.
    GNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Perry Mason spoiler episode 4

Aw hell no!  EB commits suicide?

GNTLGNT
  • Perry Mason spoiler episode 4

Aw hell no!  EB commits suicide?

Wasn't what I was expecting either Hedda, it's essential to the shaping of the future episodes though. 
    GNTLGNT
  • And....Perry Mason spoiler

Della is a lesbian.  Or more accurately, she must be bisexual.  No.  No.  Any other character I would totally accept that but not Della. She was in love with Perry for years.  No way she found solace in the arms of chicks.  NO.  Nope. Uh uh. 

I call shenanigans! :D

NotaroGNTLGNT
  • And....Perry Mason spoiler

Della is a lesbian.  Or more accurately, she must be bisexual.  No.  No.  Any other character I would totally accept that but not Della. She was in love with Perry for years.  No way she found solace in the arms of chicks.  NO.  Nope. Uh uh. 

I call shenanigans! :D

😀
    GNTLGNT
  • Perry Mason Spoiler

How is Sister going to resurrect Charlie? 

GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Perry Mason Spoiler

chuckle chuckle chuckle!!!! Hamilton Burger!

I got a little teary eyed with this one.  

GNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020
    @Neesy. The finale of ALONE was good. I always cry. I'm such a dink because after all their struggles, and then the relief that it's over and someone wins, it just tugs at the tears.

I was impressed with the Canadian woman's skill at making her own snowshoes but quite disappointed when she decided to tap out.

The American woman might have made it to 100 days if not for the frostbite. In the end Roland won - he deserved it!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Perry Mason Spoiler

Do you really want to know Hedda? 
    GNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Perry Mason Spoiler

Do you really want to know Hedda? 
    Yes
    NotaroGNTLGNT