Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Continuing with Criminal S2, United Kingdom --  The vending machine continues to be a major player in the season.  I wonder how much those products paid to be a character in the machine -- every label clearly visible with nice bright lights shining on their celeb faces.

The Skittles say, "I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille."

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirBevVincent
  • Notaro said:
    Watched episode 1 of Des, a three part mini series about the arrest and investigation into the crimes of Dennis Nilsen.  First episode was excellent, David Tennant of Doctor Who plays the role of Nilsen and his performance is absolutely chilling.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11656892/
    Oooo, that looks good.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited September 2020
    Criminal Season 2 -- United Kingdom, Episode 1

ah now, we know where the body is, why don't they?

When you watch it Bev, you do know where the body is, right?

@BevVincent

GNTLGNT
  • edited September 2020
    Criminal Season 2, Episode 2 United Kingdom

This was a very good episode.  The accused actor did a fantastic job.

One minute we can be swayed one way, the next minute, the t'other.  

We really need to pay attention to people and situations because it's not always what it seems, or what someone wants to make it.  We have to stay open minded about anything and everything.  This is true in every aspect of our lives, not just in this realm of criminality on the show. 

I totally agreed with the man in the end:  "Put the furniture back where you found it."

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Finished the season.  It was a good day of investigation.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Aw hell no, Bordertown Season 3 Episode 1

Pauliina dies?  I like her and I love that she loves Kari and all his weird little tics.  His little finger to the temple taking a mental picture, his compartmentalizing his cases in his little tape boxes, his awkward, autistic way of being.  

What's going to happen to him without her?  I know he will just keep doing his cases, but what will that do to the fragile human part of him?

FlakeNoir
  • The impact on their daughter is one of the focuses of the season. But also his reaction and response.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2020
    I know this is a show and all, but he brings the mom out in me.  I just want to protect him.  

And I have to say, the actor -- Ville Virtanen -- this is very much the case of someone becoming more desirable as they age.  He was not an attractive young man.  But he is as an older man.  Interesting how that happens.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • This is breaking my heart.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • wow.  They have turned the dial up to 11 on Bordertown.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I know this is a show and all, but he brings the mom out in me.  I just want to protect him.  

And I have to say, the actor -- Ville Virtanen -- this is very much the case of someone becoming more desirable as they age.  He was not an attractive young man.  But he is as an older man.  Interesting how that happens.
    ....Tracy says the same about Sean.....
    Sean Connery Young  Sean connery young Sean connery Movie starsSean Connery  Movie stars Sean connery Actor

FlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I know this is a show and all, but he brings the mom out in me.  I just want to protect him.  

....Tracy says the same about Sean.....
    Sean Connery Young  Sean connery young Sean connery Movie starsSean Connery  Movie stars Sean connery Actor

I agree.  While he was a nice looking young man, he is much more attractive as an older man.  

This doesn't work as well for women.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • .....I know what you're saying-and maybe it's because I've gotten older, but I find many women as hot now, if not hotter, than they were as "kids".....for example.....

Young Jennifer Aniston WallpaperJennifer Aniston Iconic Hair Cuts From Friends To 2020
    FlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....I know what you're saying-and maybe it's because I've gotten older, but I find many women as hot now, if not hotter, than they were as "kids".....for example.....

Young Jennifer Aniston WallpaperJennifer Aniston Iconic Hair Cuts From Friends To 2020
    Gorgeous woman and yes, better with age.  But, let's take a look at her at 70 compared to the man at 70.

Of course, we are looking at people who have money and access to a lot of things to help them stay youthful -- chefs, personal trainers, high end doctors and spas. 

Out in the real world, while men and woman break down, I'd still give the edge to the men.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....I guess I have to agree, I look this anymore.....

Broken Down Truck Images Stock Photos  Vectors  Shutterstock
    FlakeNoirNeesy
  • Ratched just dropped on Netflix. This should be fun. 

I’m not s big sarah paulson fan, but I have high hopes this is a role made for her.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundrop
  • edited September 2020
    So, just finished first  episode of Ratched and it has sparked my interest. 

Since Paulson pretty much plays the same flat affect character over and over, i think she has finally found a role where that is in her favor.

if anybody watches, pay particular attention to colors and lighting. For instance, scenes washing green like poison when Nurse Ratched is on the move. 

Lighting and color are major mood setters here, almost a character unto itself, reminding me personally of the way DC Universe uses vibrant comic book colors — the whole time i felt like i was in 50s Gotham City.  Absolute fantastic use of coloring.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundrop
  • Very interesting show.  Every single shot is framed beautifully. And the colors are rich and vibrant.  Saturated.

The artistic part of this should win an Emmy.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I guess I have to agree, I look this anymore.....

....look LIKE this......damn dropped werds.......
    FlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....I guess I have to agree, I look this anymore.....

....look LIKE this......damn dropped werds.......
    I read perfect word f***ery because I am an expert at it.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Sharon stone plays a character in Ratched that screams Cruella Deville as a mommy. 

:D 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • I wonder is she has a “leesence for that minkey?”
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Has anyone watched 'The Santa Clarita Diet' with Drew Barrymore?  I'm watching the first episode of season 1 and it is quite entertaining - dark humor and more than a little gory.   :)
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Has anyone watched 'The Santa Clarita Diet' with Drew Barrymore?  I'm watching the first episode of season 1 and it is quite entertaining - dark humor and more than a little gory.   :)
    I've seen a couple seasons, it's really good. (but I have to hide my eyes a lot) :D 
    GNTLGNTNotaroNeesy