Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Been watching The Haunting Of Bly Manor.  Basically a retelling of The Turn Of The Screw By Henry James. It's an updated jazzed up twisting tale which is almost like Groundhog Day at some points in the story. Watched 8 episodes so far, it's good. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerBevVincentNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Been watching The Haunting Of Bly Manor.  Basically a retelling of The Turn Of The Screw By Henry James. It's an updated jazzed up twisting tale which is almost like Groundhog Day at some points in the story. Watched 8 episodes so far, it's good. 

Sounds good, Irish--too scary for me? (this might be a(nother) dumb question) 
    GNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Been watching The Haunting Of Bly Manor.  Basically a retelling of The Turn Of The Screw By Henry James. It's an updated jazzed up twisting tale which is almost like Groundhog Day at some points in the story. Watched 8 episodes so far, it's good. 

Best Pshaw Thanks Dude GIFs  Gfycat
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Best Pshaw Thanks Dude GIFs  Gfycat
    🤣🤣🤣 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

I'm also watching this.I'm on episode 5.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

What do you think, can I hack it?
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

I don't think you'd be too scared by this version Flakes, did you ever see The Innocents? That's the version that would creep you out. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

I don't think you'd be too scared by this version Flakes, did you ever see The Innocents? That's the version that would creep you out. 
    I've just watched the trailer to The Innocents, no I haven't seen that. I might try the series, Deejers said she was 5 episodes in to this as well. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Well the movie is far superior to the TV show but it is quite creepy so the TV show might be a better place to start alright🤔
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

What do you think, can I hack it?
    I think so.  Like NB said, it's not like the Innocents (which I will be watching for the marathon as I love that movie) which is scary.  This is atmospheric, but it's not blood and guts.  Just some little shock moments that are more in her head.  I'm up to episode 5 so I don't know if it ramps up in the last 4 episodes,but up to 5, it has moments but not really scary.

I also found on Criterion Channel the movie The Nightcomers which I will be watching.  It stars Marlon Brando as Peter Quint.  It is the telling of Ms. Jessel and Quint and the kids before Miss Giddens from the Innocents comes on the scene.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

I've just watched the trailer to The Innocents, no I haven't seen that. I might try the series, Deejers said she was 5 episodes in to this as well. 
    Ohhh, okay flakers. Episode 5 is pretty creepy. But interesting.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Thank you for the warning, I'll watch from behind extra pillows. :D 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Oh hell to the yeah!  The boomerang channel is showing the OLD Scooby Doo's.  I have set a series recording because yes... I must.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Oh hell to the yeah!  The boomerang channel is showing the OLD Scooby Doo's.  I have set a series recording because yes... I must.
    Absolutely.... the original run was fantastic, I can never resist watching if I see one on😎
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Thank you for the warning, I'll watch from behind extra pillows. :D 
    I think you'll be fine Flakes, as Hedda said it has a couple of creepy moments but I think you'll be surprised overall. I finished watching it last night and it certainly wasn't what I expected. 
  • Notaro said:
    🤣🤣🤣
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • More of the same, a few F bombs in this one....

...da best!!!......

How to Make an Interesting Art Piece Using Tree Branches  eHow  Scooby  doo memes Funny Scooby
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Me too, I am very excited!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirBevVincentNotarocatNeesy
  • I'm excited for Dexter's return too! 

We are about halfway thru season 3 of Shameless. Oh my, this show. I shake my head and say they did not just say that/do that in every episode...but yet I love all the characters so much. Except the dad, William H Macy does a great job of acting like a vile human being. But the rest of them are awesome. 

BevVincentNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I've just watched episode 1 of The Haunting of Bly Manor.
    A couple things...

1) It's really good.
    2) I'm already watching from behind pillows and under a blanket, what is wrong with me that I can't handle being frightened like the rest of you grown-ups?  :o 
    NotarocatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyKurben