Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• I ordered for myself Eli Roth's Season One of History of Horror on Blu-Ray.  Oh man!  It comes with extended interviews with many of the participants including Stephen King, and so much added extra material.  I am so excited to watch it.  
    Was watching bonus material last night.  Really really interesting extended interviews with people.  Haven't watched all of them, but Quentin Tarantino's commentary is fascinating.  

The guy is weird.  He's a strange duck.  I do like the energy and creativity of his movies.  

He is very smart.  Very knowledgeable.  I've actually enjoyed his segment the best so far because he's very thoughtful about movies and the people in them.

Roger Corman's interview -- there is just something adorable about him.  He was from the old school of making movies and I get a kick out of his mischeivious grin he gets talking about how he had to go about making them.

He talks about Attack of the Crab Monsters.  The giant crab was made out of paper mâché.  They have a scene where the ocean is crashing on the crab and the back end is being melted away, so they had to shoot quick and he had to be very careful what angles he used to not show the goopy paper being destroyed.

I really recommend this.  The blu ray would be a great gift.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • We finished up Shameless last weekend. Just in time for the next season to start next month. If we hadn't been stuck at home we would probably not be done yet. I thought 10 seasons would take us a while to get through! 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I've been watching The Masked Singer. Celebrities of all kinds dressed in the most ridicolous costumes so not even their skincolor can be seen. Then a panel of four shall guess based on some foggy clues and the performances they do. The voice is often the best clue. Some are really good. It is entertaining and i was looking for that. Weird and entertaining is a good combo. Most of these celebrities i havent heard of but fame in the US does not mean fame globally so thats not strange. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I've been watching The Masked Singer. Celebrities of all kinds dressed in the most ridicolous costumes so not even their skincolor can be seen. Then a panel of four shall guess based on some foggy clues and the performances they do. The voice is often the best clue. Some are really good. It is entertaining and i was looking for that. Weird and entertaining is a good combo. Most of these celebrities i havent heard of but fame in the US does not mean fame globally so thats not strange. 
    Only Way Id Be Convinced to Watch the Masked Singer  Funny Meme on MEME
    Hedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Ken Spears, the co-creator of Scooby Doo died here recently just months after the other creator, Joe Ruby.

I bet those medlin' kids had something to do with it.  Or, it could be the museum curator.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • A Teacher -- Hulu

They are laying out this story very well.  How this teacher/student situation could happen.  Pretty good production.

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • This actually looks like it's well done.
    BevVincentNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....man did I spend some time reading THOSE books as a kid!.....still can't sleuth my way out of a closet though.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • My forthcoming novella "The Dead of Winter" pays homage to the Hardy Boys.
    Notaronot_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • My forthcoming novella "The Dead of Winter" pays homage to the Hardy Boys.
    ....I apologize if you’ve already informed us, but I can’t recall what collection this will be part of....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Dissonant Harmonies
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Dissonant Harmonies
    ....thanks Bev, I had a dumb......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Started watching this on Netflix,  The Top Of The Lake, series one, three episodes in, really good detective drama set in New Zealand ( place is amazing looking Flakes) a pregnant preteen girl goes missing and a search for her begins...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_of_the_Lake

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Started watching this on Netflix,  The Top Of The Lake, series one, three episodes in, really good detective drama set in New Zealand ( place is amazing looking Flakes) a pregnant preteen girl goes missing and a search for her begins...

I watched this when it first came out, it was good. (I've visited this area when I was a child, it's lovely in the countryside--very touristy in the city nearby, still beautiful though.)
    NotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I liked that series, too.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Started watching this on Netflix,  The Top Of The Lake, series one, three episodes in, really good detective drama set in New Zealand ( place is amazing looking Flakes) a pregnant preteen girl goes missing and a search for her begins...

Very good series.  Elizabeth Moss is a terrific actress.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Started season two of The Top Of The Lake...... 2 episodes in, looks pretty good. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Saw first two episodes of The Undoing -- Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, Donald Sutherland, HBO. So far so good.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Saw first two episodes of The Undoing -- Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, Donald Sutherland, HBO. So far so good.
    I have this on series record but haven’t started yet.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Still watching A Teacher on Hulu.  It's the series, not the movie.  I am really finding the progression of the story and the relationship to be interesting and well done.

Also watching The Undoing.  Episode 3, I had my guess who done it.  Episode 4 I was positive.  Episode 5 -- the cliffhanger seems to support my theory.  I so hope they throw me a bucketful of unexpected.  It would be so great if my guess was a little red herring and something more interesting was going on.
    catNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I've been really getting into 'The Crown' on Netflix.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Just finished The White Princess.  I just adore Jodie Comer.

I also have The White Queen series recorded, and I should have watched it first, but it was boring me so much.  So skipped ahead in "history" and watched Henry VII and his wife, Lizzie.

I will go back now to TWQ and watch things play out in THe War of the Roses and hopefully I'll find it more interesting.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Have you ever seen an interview with Comer? Her real accent is a scream--so unlike how she talks in most of her performances. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited November 2020
    Yes, she’s got a great voice and really shows how good she is doing voices because you would never know her sound isn’t natural when in character. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy