Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• I watched quite a few episodes of The Office for the first time - Andy doesn't find it funny;

- but after awhile I did get a few chuckles out of it - there's a marathon of episodes on one of our channels here.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I binged THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT on HBO Max this weekend. Cute thriller.
    NeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Just watched The Ripper. Thought it was a good documentary. Didn't really know the police made such errors in judgment during the investigation. Interesting.
    Memebase - jack the ripper - All Your Memes In Our Base - Funny Memes -  Cheezburger
    Great meme, giant but to clarify the documentary was about the Yorkshire Ripper that killed 13 women in the 1970,s and almost killed 7 more before he was caught (by pure coincidence btw).
    .....allow me to clarify the clarification Clarence,  it's still "THE"......

But not as a middle name, Duh?!  :D
    Split Hair - TV Tropes
    FlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • ....Ms. Cuoco is cute as a bugs ear.....
    Hedda Gabler
  • Good morning, veronica.

oh holy hell. Just started episode 2.  This is gonna be brutal.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT

Is it on Netflix? I'll try to watch it with you.

Did you end up getting the new season of The Casketeers?
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro

Yes, it's on Netflix -- set in Brazil. That husband is a monster. It's a very good series, though.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2020
    FlakeNoir said:
    Good morning, veronica.

Is it on Netflix? I'll try to watch it with you.

Did you end up getting the new season of The Casketeers?
    The first episode wasn’t keeping my attention — until the wheels came off.  I went from 0 to 60 with anxiety in about 1 minute. And episode two kicked it up to oh-my-god levels. 

And no, we have not gotten the new season yet.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I just started watching The Queens Gambit - it's been interesting.  I got myself a PBS subscription for $2.99 / month for a year. I'm loving it. I'm catching up on the Ken Burns documentaries.  I watch Prohibition a few nights ago.  Interesting.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • The Queen's Gambit is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerHollyGolightlyNotaroNeesy

Girl. I've just finished episode one of Good Morning Veronica... and I'm shaking, I'm not sure I'll get through this series. 
  • OMG!!! The start of episode two... 
  • FlakeNoir said:
    OMG!!! The start of episode two... 
    I’ve watched 3 minutes of episode 2 and tapped out for now. I will watch it, but it’s going to take a lot of startings and  stoppings.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    OMG!!! The start of episode two... 
    I’ve watched 3 minutes of episode 2 and tapped out for now. I will watch it, but it’s going to take a lot of startings and  stoppings.
    Right?!!! The bit you stopped it at thank God didn't last too long. But it was brutal. 
    Some of this is just way too hard. The manipulation stuff mostly. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • I went ahead and watched the second season of Deadwind. Much better than season one.  And karrpi continued to be a horrible parent. I am just appalled  at her handling of lice. 
    BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Finished a second season of Signs.  I wasn’t impressed with season one, but i was desperate for something to watch — Two was a much better season than one.  They left it hanging and i would definitely tune in for a S3. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2020
    And something i pay close attention to in all these foreign shows — their graveyards.   

Almost inevitably we have a scene in a graveyard, or we see a burial service. Absolutely fascinating to see customs and rites.   How different they can be. How their dead are handled and laid to rest.

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • And something i pay close attention to in all these foreign shows — their graveyards.   

Almost inevitably we have a scene in a graveyard, or we see a burial service. Absolutely fascinating to see customs and rites.   How different they can be. How their dead are handled and laid to rest.

....I also find this grimly entertaining.....much can be learned about life by the way we treat our dead....
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • edited December 2020
    I went ahead and watched the second season of Deadwind. Much better than season one.  And karrpi continued to be a horrible parent. I am just appalled  at her handling of lice. 
    And just to add to my thoughts on the Karrpi character. She is a “mother” who blames everyone for her failures and her kid’s failures. Even when given video evidence, she blames the school, blames the teachers.

I would like to say this is fiction but alas, i know a “mother” who did this to her child.  Who is now in his 20s and reads at a third grade level because as she told me when i asked her if she worked with her kid? Read to him? Made flash cards? Hired a tutor? — she responded— no shit— “ that’s not my job. It’s the teacher’s job.”

She transferred him to 6 different schools in the area between elementary and high school because the staff suggested he was the problem.   His last two years of high school, she had him in a christian school that was not accredited, so needless to say, he did not graduate. 

He can’t keep a job and has had trouble with the law but still, to this day, blames the employer and bad friends. 

Hold your friggin’ kids accountable people. You aren’t doing them any favors in life.  
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I went ahead and watched the second season of Deadwind. Much better than season one.  And karrpi continued to be a horrible parent. I am just appalled  at her handling of lice. 
    And just to add to my thoughts on the Karrpi character. She is a “mother” who blames everyone for her failures and her kid’s failures. Even when given video evidence, she blames the school, blames the teachers.

I would like to say this is fiction but alas, i know a “mother” who did this to her child.  Who is now in his 20s and reads at a third grade level because as she told me when i asked her if she worked with her kid? Read to him? Made flash cards? Hired a tutor? — she responded— no shit— “ that’s not my job. It’s the teacher’s job.”

She transferred him to 6 different schools in the area between elementary and high school because the staff suggested he was the problem.   His last two years of high school, she had him in a christian school that was not accredited, so needless to say, he did not graduate. 

He can’t keep a job and has had trouble with the law but still, to this day, blames the employer and bad friends. 

Hold your friggin’ kids accountable people. You aren’t doing them any favors in life.  
    ....that’s why my youngest son sat in jail the last couple of times he inserted his cranium into his colon...maybe he’ll get a clue, and he didn’t learn the stupidity from Mom and I....
    FlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited December 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    I went ahead and watched the second season of Deadwind. Much better than season one.  And karrpi continued to be a horrible parent. I am just appalled  at her handling of lice. 

....that’s why my youngest son sat in jail the last couple of times he inserted his cranium into his colon...maybe he’ll get a clue, and he didn’t learn the stupidity from Mom and I....
    It’s hard being a parent! Sometimes you ride or die as the kid’s advocate— sometimes you have got to hold them to a higher standard because they were wrong, did wrong.  The word of the day is: fair .  Be fair to the situation and the people involved.  
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • I committed a crime once..... I stole a chocolate bar from a candy store to show how tough i was for classmates. Still have bad conscience over it. Dont think i ever told my parents about it.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited December 2020
    Finished up the series A Teacher. 

While this was a very interesting look into grooming, it would have been better served with fewer episodes. The 20ish minutes per episode with the week long pause for the next one made it difficult to really get behind the feelings they were wanting us to have. It stopped the momentum and the build-up of outrage. More so in the latter episodes after the relationship was exposed. 

If you are just starting this series, i would definitely recommend watching an hours worth of episodes each time you sit down to view it to really immerse yourself in the storyline.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    I committed a crime once..... I stole a chocolate bar from a candy store to show how tough i was for classmates. Still have bad conscience over it. Dont think i ever told my parents about it.
    ....nice costume Kurb!......

Breaking News - Oompa - Loompa caught stealing chocolate - Cheezburger -  Funny Memes  Funny Pictures
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy