Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Finished Marcella.  While it had moments of interesting plot, I just had to  really suspend disbelief way too much.  So many crazy things just thrown in for shock value? Thinking they were being cutting edge and intense?  Just went beyond my sensibilities and I'm pretty accepting of things that go beyond sensibilities.   :)
    The finale was straight out of Macbeth.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Finished Marcella.  While it had moments of interesting plot, I just had to  really suspend disbelief way too much.  So many crazy things just thrown in for shock value? Thinking they were being cutting edge and intense?  Just went beyond my sensibilities and I'm pretty accepting of things that go beyond sensibilities.   :)
    The finale was straight out of Macbeth.
    Yes.  After you mentioned that earlier, I paid attention.  

That whole final episode was insane.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2020
    I'm reading some reviews of this season of Marcella -- the ones I read love it.  I'm thinking, we did watch the same show, right?

I know, we all see things through our own unique filter.  I personally struggled with this season.  Would I watch a season 4?  yes.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • My wife has me watching Alone. If being hungry is your thing then this is the show for you.👀 Beautiful scenery though. Watching the season filmed in Mongolia. Very cool.
    Hugh ALONE fan here.  I'm watching the current season.  I think I know who is going to win, but you can never be sure.  One slip in footing or with a tool and you are out.  One bad day with a spark of a fire or no food or eat the wrong thing, and you're out.  

One really bad mental day, and you tap out. 

I love this show.

We are also watching the current season (I'd like to know what your guess is as far as who the winner may be)

Now it's down to four - two men and two women so it's getting more interesting :#
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I have not seen the last episode, so don't know who has tapped out.  But I think Roland Welker is going to win.  He's the one that took down big game, isn't he?  And he built the most ingenious way to store the food that was (as of what I've seen) animal proof.
    NeesyGNTLGNT
  • I have not seen the last episode, so don't know who has tapped out.  But I think Roland Welker is going to win.  He's the one that took down big game, isn't he?  And he built the most ingenious way to store the food that was (as of what I've seen) animal proof.

Roland does seem to be a safe choice - he would get my vote
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • We have been recording "Deal or No Deal" from 2007 with Howie Mandel

He's actually Canadian and I thought I would post this:

Comic Howie Mandel who grew up in Willowdale still jokes about the time he put an unwrapped candy bar in the school pool

Comic Howie Mandel, who grew up in Willowdale, still jokes about the time he put an unwrapped candy bar in the school pool

I guess he got in trouble for putting one of those candy bars that look like a turd into the pool ☺

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020
    Neesy said:
    I have not seen the last episode, so don't know who has tapped out.  But I think Roland Welker is going to win.  He's the one that took down big game, isn't he?  And he built the most ingenious way to store the food that was (as of what I've seen) animal proof.

The last 4 know what they are doing.  They understand what they have to do.  I'm really happy to see the 2 females in there.  They definitely should be getting some respect from the other participants.  

But, like I said, all it takes is a slip on the icy rocks, or a misplaced knife cut, or a day when your mental game is faltering -- and you are out. The best survivalist can be taken out so quickly for something simple like an infection from a hangnail.  

It's skill, knowledge, patience and luck.
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Oh no neesy! I just saw where Callie fell on the ice and cut open her eyebrow and a tooth went through her lip!  See?  Something like that could take someone out of the game.
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • @Notaro -- I started watching Perry Mason.   I have about 20 minutes of hte first episode to go so I am probably asking things prematurely.  But you can tell me.  I don't worry about spoilers here.

Did I blink and miss why he is gumshoe and not an attorney?

And, is this child abduction the whole season or is it like the old Perry Mason's in the fact that each episode was a new case?
    NeesycatNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Have watched 3 eps of the new Penny Dreadful and I really like it. It is very dark! But, not knowing much going in, it was a nice surprise to see Nathan Lane and a few other familiar faces. I knew Natalie Dormer was in it, and I really like her. She just commands the screen, I think. And Rory Kinnear, who I loved in the first Penny Dreadful. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • @Notaro -- I started watching Perry Mason.   I have about 20 minutes of hte first episode to go so I am probably asking things prematurely.  But you can tell me.  I don't worry about spoilers here.

And, is this child abduction the whole season or is it like the old Perry Mason's in the fact that each episode was a new case?
    OK, what this is Hedda is the birth of Perry Mason, it's how he became the character that we know from the Raymond Burr show, the transition isn't immediate so you have a few episodes of gumshoe yet.

Yes the baby kidnap is the full focus of this season, stick with it, it's an absolute cracker🙂
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited August 2020
    cat said:
    Have watched 3 eps of the new Penny Dreadful and I really like it. It is very dark! But, not knowing much going in, it was a nice surprise to see Nathan Lane and a few other familiar faces. I knew Natalie Dormer was in it, and I really like her. She just commands the screen, I think. And Rory Kinnear, who I loved in the first Penny Dreadful. 
    Wonderful John Clare.  He was why I watched that first Penny Dreadful. And I was so in love that he got the final scene.  He deserved the dignity of that.

FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • cat said:
    Have watched 3 eps of the new Penny Dreadful and I really like it. It is very dark! But, not knowing much going in, it was a nice surprise to see Nathan Lane and a few other familiar faces. I knew Natalie Dormer was in it, and I really like her. She just commands the screen, I think. And Rory Kinnear, who I loved in the first Penny Dreadful. 
    Wonderful John Clare.  He was why I watched that first Penny Dreadful. And I was so in love that in got the final scene.  He deserved the dignity of that.

Oh that was powerful... <3  
    catGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • Notaro said:
    @Notaro -- I started watching Perry Mason.   I have about 20 minutes of hte first episode to go so I am probably asking things prematurely.  But you can tell me.  I don't worry about spoilers here.

OK, what this is Hedda is the birth of Perry Mason, it's how he became the character that we know from the Raymond Burr show, the transition isn't immediate so you have a few episodes of gumshoe yet.

Yes the baby kidnap is the full focus of this season, stick with it, it's an absolute cracker🙂
    It's super well done.  The baby one has been tough but I will definitely stick with it.

I was just curious if the whole season is about this baby, or if each episode is a new case to solve?  I'm guessing it's new cases each episode?

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    @Notaro -- I started watching Perry Mason.   I have about 20 minutes of hte first episode to go so I am probably asking things prematurely.  But you can tell me.  I don't worry about spoilers here.

It's super well done.  The baby one has been tough but I will definitely stick with it.

I was just curious if the whole season is about this baby, or if each episode is a new case to solve?  I'm guessing it's new cases each episode?

No Hedda, the baby kidnap is the only storyline for the whole season. 
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    cat said:
    Wonderful John Clare.  He was why I watched that first Penny Dreadful. And I was so in love that in got the final scene.  He deserved the dignity of that.

Oh that was powerful... <3  
    ....agreed!.....well voiced......since I don't watch the show, and probably missed the reference here earlier it was kinda cool to see Mr. Mercedes alum, Harry Treadaway in that scene.....
    NotarocatHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirSundrop
  • edited August 2020
    I'm halfway through Perry Mason and digging it. Big fan of Matthew Rhys (The Americans), John Lithgow and Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black). Got a kick out of seeing Trashcan Man show up as the judge (Matt Frewer)
    NotarocatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Neesy said:
    I have not seen the last episode, so don't know who has tapped out.  But I think Roland Welker is going to win.  He's the one that took down big game, isn't he?  And he built the most ingenious way to store the food that was (as of what I've seen) animal proof.

Another one tapped out.  Next week is a 3 hour finale. 

In scenes they showed for next week, so not a spoiler, it looks like one of the girls is getting frostbite on her toes.  Should be interesting.
    NotaroNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:

In scenes they showed for next week, so not a spoiler, it looks like one of the girls is getting frostbite on her toes.  Should be interesting.

Judging from the voice I am guessing it's the American girl (who has the frostbite) - I was afraid the sole Canadian was going to tap out and was disappointed,  but then she decided to soldier on

GNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    Neesy said:

Judging from the voice I am guessing it's the American girl (who has the frostbite) - I was afraid the sole Canadian was going to tap out and was disappointed,  but then she decided to soldier on

Yes, I think you're right.
    GNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020
    I'm really liking Perry Mason, but I was disappointed to see another storyline with a female evangelist and her mother.  That was a huge plot point in the latest Penny Dreadful, set during the same time frame even.  So, it feels a bit stolen and stale.

I watched the first episode of Lovecraft Country.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  I have a very hard time watching man's inhumanity to man -- especially when it's based on truth and we know this is how it was and continues to happen in certain disappointing places.  I'll watch a couple more at least.

I haven't watched this week's installment of NOS4A2.  I still can't embrace Vic McQueen.  Just can't.  Every time we go to her the story drags.  And her friends don't help that much either.  Harley guy and tile girl and tile girl's woman. Boring. 

Stay focused on Charlie, Bing, the kids, dead mom in the house and Christmasland and the show is gold. 

And, The previous episode was such a bummer.   

I really liked
    Vic McQueen's dad.   And blaming her dad for Wayne's predicament was really forced and unbelievable.  Like everything she does.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....pretty much watching baseball when there isn't a CoVid washout.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I have one more episode to finish off the first season of Bordertown.

Some storyline episodes were better than others, but I will continue with the next season. I think it's good, I just hope it gets even better.
    FlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNT