Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Finished Life on Our Planet. I actually liked that it pointed out that we are well on the way to creating the 6,th mass extinction event by ourselves. Had been afraid that it would end by pointing out the human species accomplishments but it went on from that by saying what we are doing to our planet. Good Documentary.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • I'm watching ANNIKA on PBS (season one is also Prime but PBS has a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff). Nicola Walker is a single mom DCI (born in Norway) with Glasgow's new Marine Homicide Unit. She is smart and literary, often breaks the fourth wall, dealing with a teenager. Each episode is a standalone crime and there are literary inspirations from Ibsen to Moby Dick to Shakespeare. Occasionally funny, too, in a droll way. Lots of puns. 
    I am dog sitting and only the first episode was free. I really liked it and hope it comes to Britbox. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Finished Bosch:Legacy S2. Really strong season especially for Maddie. Plus there's one flat out eerie scene - you'll know it when you see it.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • For some reason I felt like I had seen this adaptation before. Maybe it's because it's very faithful to the novel?

I'm embarking on S3 of The Morning Show.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I enjoyed S3 of The Morning Show. It had the corporate intrigue of Succession but with (mostly) more likable characters. Jon Hamm made a perfect foil for and partner to Jennifer Aniston. And Billy Crudup’s Cory is a relentless whirlwind character unlike any other.

I think I'll try S2 of Crime (Britbox) next.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Watched first episode of season 2 Crime. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited November 2023
    I can go back through this thread if i have to, but it would be really nice if anyone with peacock can help a girl out.  

What good shows are on Peacock before my month runs out?  I am currently watching the rest of Poker Face after getting one free episode when it came out. 

Any suggestions for some great shows I can’t get anywhere else?

i see Dr Death on your tv list bev, is it any good? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I liked Dr. Death -- great cast. It might have worked better if it didn't jump around in the chronology so much and what were they thinking by spoiling the outcome with the opening shot. I'd say it's worth while. Jump in at about 2 or 3 minutes of episode 1 if you can! Based on a true story.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I liked Dr. Death -- great cast. It might have worked better if it didn't jump around in the chronology so much and what were they thinking by spoiling the outcome with the opening shot. I'd say it's worth while. Jump in at about 2 or 3 minutes of episode 1 if you can! Based on a true story.
    Thanks for the heads up. I jumped in 5 mins so it could unfold its surprises. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
    Mr. Simm is back in episode 2!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
    Not enough of him. 

And holy shit!  This dr death guy. The way he talks to and treats patients, families, colleagues, staff, head of the hospital!!!!

wow. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirBevVincent
  • Over the last couple of week/ends I've watched:

Giri/Haji - "Tokyo's yakuza clans clash when a boss's nephew is slain, sending a rival into hiding and pulling a detective into the mystery in a very personal way."

I absolutely loved this series, the characters are so likeable, (I adored Rodney) the cast did a fantastic job. 

The Anatomy of a Scandal - "Parliamentary minister James Whitehouse is a happily married man with a loving family home, then a scandalous secret comes to light."

This was a bit slow in the beginning but picked up. A bit predictable at times.
    I still enjoyed it despite that. 

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2023
    Watched first episode of season 2 Crime. 
    Not enough of him. 

And holy shit!  This dr death guy. The way he talks to and treats patients, families, colleagues, staff, head of the hospital!!!!

wow. 
    It's so interesting to see Joshua Jackson play that kind of character. He was very different in Fringe.

I'm not sure how I feel about Crime S2. It's quite odd--almost purposefully odd.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited November 2023
    Watched first episode of season 2 Crime. 
    Not enough of him. 

wow. 
    It's so interesting to see Joshua Jackson play that kind of character. He was very different in Fringe.

I'm not sure how I feel about Crime S2. It's quite odd--almost purposefully odd.
    It stays odd.  I’m trying to ignore a lot of it. At this point, I think everyone in this station has lost their minds.  And i believe the director is huffing Lime-A-Way and is horny as hell. Fantasizing about murdering everyone in his immediate vicinity. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I take it back — the old man boss is my reaction too. 
    BevVincentKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Starting binging The Bear. Cooking shows - whether reality or fiction - are not my thing but the strength of the show is the cast. Funny and poignant, often at the same time. The lead reminds me of a young Dustin Hoffman and it's always good to see Oliver Platt.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Okay. Crime season 2 is good. It’s a bit jangly but it’s meant to be and I think it works. I hope to see a season 3. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....never knew Lime-A-Way was an aphrodisiac....(note to self)....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2023
    Ah gods.    All the light we cannot see.       It's killin me.  so good.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited November 2023
    Obituary has been added to Hulu. An Irish series that looks right up my alley. 

Have you watched nb? Thoughts?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Three seasons of Hope street on Britbox. Anyone watch this one?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Flakers, i went to the library today and they had their free cart out. Today, I found an anthology series David Bowie did called The Hunger. They only had season 2 but I grabbed it. I see it is on Freevee to watch. Have you seen this series and your thoughts? Anyone else who may have seen it?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Doctor Who -- the 60th anniversary specials. David Tenant and Catherine Tate are back. I have to say, this is the most cogent episode I've seen in a long time. In the recent past, I've found myself at a loss to understand what's going on in many episodes because the pace and editing is so frenetic. There's a lot going on in The Star Beast, but I was along for the ride the whole way. Russel T. Davies is back!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Flakers, i went to the library today and they had their free cart out. Today, I found an anthology series David Bowie did called The Hunger. They only had season 2 but I grabbed it. I see it is on Freevee to watch. Have you seen this series and your thoughts? Anyone else who may have seen it?
    Let me know what you think, I haven't seen it. I think he is only involved with S2?
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • We're continuing to binge The Bear and have also dove into - Based On A True Story starring Kaley Cuoco of Big Bang Theory. The premise is pretty wild - a husband and wife figure out who a serial killer is and want to do a crime podcast with the killer. It's pretty funny and a tip of the hat to Kaley. She's a very good comedic actor.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir